TF2B icons on bp.tf?

Ryoudji

Well they are more attractive then the icons made by Valve and they are pretty well done, so why not? Outpost and a few other websites always has the option to switch between them by the user's preference so implementing them here wouldn't be a problem to anyone. It is also updated regularly between major/new items updates.

They also fixed most of the problems found on the Valve's icons improving quality, lighting, fixed angle, etc. It would be interesting see them around here. :)

Let's go back in time a year or so ago...

Little known story: when the stats site originally launched and wasn't very popular, I used tf2b's unusual icons. I put a link in the faq about tf2b, but Athernar added me on Steam and demanded that I put links to his site everywhere, at the bottom of every page if I wanted to use the icons. Based on the tone of that discussion, I decided to make my own, and removed all links to tf2b.

So, to answer your question in 1 word: nope.

About the unusual icons: When you start relying on other people to update your stuff, it gets tricky. The unusual icons was a cool idea, but Accell is the one designing them, and while I bugged him a few times... Not getting much out of him at this point. So, it kinda sucks. I think the icons are awesome but yeah. I guess I could go back to creating the background unusual effects, which I can do myself...

Little known story: when the stats site originally launched and wasn't very popular, I used tf2b's unusual icons. I put a link in the faq about tf2b, but Athernar added me on Steam and demanded that I put links to his site everywhere, at the bottom of every page if I wanted to use the icons. Based on the tone of that discussion, I decided to make my own, and removed all links to tf2b.

About the unusual icons: When you start relying on other people to update your stuff, it gets tricky. The unusual icons was a cool idea, but Accell is the one designing them, and while I bugged him a few times... Not getting much out of him at this point. So, it kinda sucks. I think the icons are awesome but yeah. I guess I could go back to creating the background unusual effects, which I can do myself...

Heh that's interesting, I certainly didn't knew about that part where he demanded stuff for using them, well I guess it can't be helped.

And it would be pretty neat having these background unusual back, there are too many new effects out there without its proper icon/bg.

And since the question has been answered this thread can be now closed.

I think the older one with just text is great. No more hassle to update the icons and it looks clean and simple

EV2X99m.jpg

Archived