Public discussion; gold in my dick, what up's suggestions

metoxys

My name is metoxys and I am against the price suggestions of gold in my dick, what up.

He keeps making price suggestions which people, me among them, find untrue, unfair and wrong.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/512b8f13ba2536b82f000008

Uncraftable Exquisite Racks.

Four of Five Racks in here are PAINTED. HE HIMSELF IS THE SELLER OF THE ONLY NON-PAINTED ONE. Also no tf2tp or bazaar links, only Outpost.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5129a35c4bd7b8e83e000002

Uncraftable Crocleather Slouches.

Painted, painted, painted, painted. No tf2tp, no bazaar.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/512978324bd7b8766000000d

Uncraftable Pencil Pushers.

Glitched, glitched, glitched, sold one himself. Also, where in the world does the "1-" come from? Sold to JustinTheFestivized who is a little kid and overpays on stuff that he does not have. Paid S.F. Ãœbersaw and keys for dirty Western Wear even though I had 4 at the moment and he could just have asked me for one.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51280c8bba25360406000002

Uncraftable Googly Gazers.

"Only one on the outpost", well, sucks for him. No tf2tp, no bazaar.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5127b9554bd7b8fb3a000007

Uncraftable Charmer's Chapeaus.

4 non-painted ones on Outpost.

- one offer of 2.11 ref made 2 days ago by user "Mr.Pepsi"

Mr. Pepsi is known to overpay for uncraftable stuff he does not have. Paid triple the new price for an uncraftable unpainted L'Inspecteur fairly recently. No tf2tp, no bazaar.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51226f67ba25369d1f000002

Uncraftable Western Wears.

Let me check my inventory history.

westernwear1.png

westernwear2.png

Also got one for free and bought my very first one from marketplace.tf (full of highballers) for 1 ref. Please note that these three trades are horrendously recent.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5126626dba2536cb7f000001

Uncraftable Scotsman's Stove Pipes.

Offers from rich dirty collectors (asphalt, op) while having ridiculous buyout price, painted, set, not for sale, not for sale. Why did I see somebody selling for 0.66 ref last night?

stovepipe1.png

Bought one for 2 Frying Pans last month in a backpack.tf classified.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/512504144bd7b8ae4800000c

Uncraftable Rimmed Raincatchers.

Sold to a rich dirty collector; painted and duped. Sold his own. I am sorry for those people that they have to be so hasty. I myself am guilty of quickbuying one for 1 ref a few days ago but that's because I like the hat. Also I bought two or three ones for 0.66 before that.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/513222b44bd7b8001300000f

Uncraftable L'Inspecteurs. Accepted by gold.

I can't help Uranium if he's desperate.

inspecteur1.png

inspecteur2.png

inspecteur3.png

1sdDvZT.png

o06Fhzk.png

Please note the market prices of White, Black, Air of Debonair and Value of Teamwork. I am afraid that these are a little older, but the new suggestion is ridiculous. Thanks to Mexistache, fellow Inspecteur collector enemy, for providing the last two bits.

As a conclusion:

21:17 - Mexistache: The moderator, gold, passes his uncraft suggestions with only 1 -2 sale
21:17 - metoxys: yes
21:17 - Mexistache: From desperate people
21:17 - metoxys: yes
21:17 - metoxys: I am extremely upset.
21:17 - Mexistache: I never understood that, I wanted to buy a western wear. Someone alreadly wanted to buy. I offered .77
21:17 - Mexistache: Someone counter offered 1 ref two times
21:18 - metoxys: the 1.22 makes absolutely no sense whatsoever
21:18 - Mexistache: It was bought for 1.22
21:18 - metoxys: I bought mine for 1 or less
21:18 - Mexistache: Therefore 1 - 1.22 made sense to him
21:18 - metoxys: got one for 2 v. pyrovision goggles today

21:28 - Mexistache: Also a recent example of a terrible suggestion passed was the trilby. There were 5 proofs, 3 weren't selling, one was painted and only had offers, and the only one sold was for 1.33 to Mr.Pepsi, who is on my friend's list and I know he overpays for uncrafts he doesn't alreadly have [on a side note, I bought a dirty Flipped Trilby painted in Team Spirit for 1.33 ref a few weeks ago]
21:28 - metoxys: I'm also a friend of Pepsi
21:28 - metoxys: he's the one who got that L'Inspecteur
21:29 - metoxys: you know, the one you commented on my trade for [he overpaid dramatically for an unpainted inspecteur]
21:29 - Mexistache: Yup, unpainted too
21:29 - Mexistache: Guy has a lot of ref to burn though

21:41 - Mexistache: Most of the time when he does these suggestions they barely reach 2/3 majority. Of which I am assuming most of the 2/3rds are just wanting free rep because he is a mod who will probably get his suggestion passed
21:42 - Mexistache: And no one provides counterproof so it's just a red carpet for his suggestions

21:49 - Mexistache: I understand how outpost is one of the most active trading sites. But it's pretty much used to reflect the entire market.
21:49 - Mexistache: So if ONE person wanted an item extremely bad and offers 3x it's value. The entire market should be reflected on that? [for instance, see the Salty Dog suggestion]

That's all.

On a side note, there are a few comments which I can expect. Let me answer them.

Comment: YOU ARE TRYING TO BUY AN EXQUISITE RACK YOURSELF! YOU BASTARD!

Answer: I'm not willing to rob Mr. Pepsi out of his one, thus I am trying to arrange a replacement to do a level swap.

Comment: YOU OWN THEM ALL ALREADY!

Answer: So. What.

Comment: You are a measly collector.

Answer: I am sorry. I also am homosexual, black, Jewish and a bastard.

Comment: What do you have against gold he is mai waifu

Answer: How kinky.

Comment: S>Stout Shako 2 ref

Answer: No thanks.

tl;dr he keeps approving bad suggestions without much proof, makes suggestions without what I find is acceptable proof, hopes for quickbuyers, COMPLETELY ignores trades of people BUYING and completely rejects the existance of tf2tp.com, backpack.tf/classifieds and bazaar.tf/tf2bazaar.com

The prices were accurate at the time. If you feel those prices are no longer accurate, then please submit new prices.

I have edited the topic title to be less flame-baity--do not encourage harassment or personal attacks against any users, moderator or not.

You are free to discuss the moderators and their decisions, as long as you do it in a calm, respectful way.

You are like Mr. Bucket, yet much more serious. Suggestions use outpost links and offers to determine prices of items. He cannot flip through others' inventory histories.

You are like Mr. Bucket, yet much more serious. Suggestions use outpost links and offers to determine prices of items. He cannot flip through others' inventory histories.

How is he like me? o_O

If you think the Uncraftable L'Inspecteur is worth way less than 1.66:

Sell me one for 1.66 ref ... hell, let's make it 2ref ... easy profit, is it not? ... That's what I thought!

There are reasons I didn't (also) bid in your trade:

1st: It's obvious you're not selling for almost any offer and only use them to show (off) but say you sell to not get reported for "items are not for sale"

2nd: I blocked you a long time ago and didn't even see your trade.

The other day you added me with your Alt account - because I Steam blocked you too - just to keep me busy chatting and not buy that white painted L'Inspecteur at the time the owner said he will be online.

I offered more than the b/o after you already posted "added" but the trade was not complete because he was offline, perfectly legitimate and fine behavior on my part.

I knew what your intentions were, but unfortunately I had to answer to natures call just before he got online.

You probably kept him busy and made him trade you before he had a chance to look into his trade and see that he could get even more. You made the deal, proudly, even cocky, announced that in our chat and the trade owner replied to my offer: "sorry, already sold" the second I came back. He also de-friended me soon after first having accepted my invite but before I had a chance to chat with him and after you already traded with him. That was a dumb move on his part, unfortunate on my part, but an ass move on your part! It wouldn't even surprise me if you also somehow talked him into not trading with me. You are right up the ally with LeoDudepal, another unpleasant Uncraftable collector I had my experiences with.

Can't remember why I blocked you in the past, but I see I must have had a good reason.

Your dedication to buy this and other hats low shows what they are really worth.

It's easy to read you like an open book:

All you want is keep the price here low so that you can continue sharking unsuspecting sellers. Shame on you!

If you think the Uncraftable L'Inspecteur is worth way less than 1.66:

Sell me one for 1.66 ref ... hell, let's make it 2ref ... easy profit, is it not? ... That's what I thought!

There are reasons I didn't (also) bid in your trade:

1st: It's obvious you're not selling for almost any offer and only use them to show (off) but say you sell to not get reported for "items are not for sale"

2nd: I blocked you a long time ago and didn't even see your trade.

The other day you added me with your Alt account - because I Steam blocked you too - just to keep me busy chatting and not buy that white painted L'Inspecteur at the time the owner said he will be online.

I offered more than the b/o after you already posted "added" but the trade was not complete because he was offline, perfectly legitimate and fine behavior on my part.

I knew what your intentions were, but unfortunately I had to answer to natures call just before he got online.

You probably kept him busy and made him trade you before he had a chance to look into his trade and see that he could get even more. You made the deal, proudly, even cocky, announced that in our chat and the trade owner replied to my offer: "sorry, already sold" the second I came back. He also de-friended me soon after first having accepted my invite but before I had a chance to chat with him and after you already traded with him. That was a dumb move on his part, unfortunate on my part, but an ass move on your part! It wouldn't even surprise me if you also somehow talked him into not trading with me. You are right up the ally with LeoDudepal, another unpleasant Uncraftable collector I had my experiences with.

Can't remember why I blocked you in the past, but I see I must have had a good reason.

Your dedication to buy this and other hats low shows what they are really worth.

It's easy to read you like an open book:

All you want is keep the price here low so that you can continue sharking unsuspecting sellers. Shame on you!

Not even I know why you blocked me in the first place. I genuinely added you because I was curious and asked you questions. I was out of metal when I added that one seller and therefore I asked for a reservation. He did tell me that he got better offers as soon as he was online, but he traded it to me because I reserved it. I am not to blame for the defriending, about that I did not know. I did not talk him into not trading with you.

By the way, almost every single hat which was raised, I have at least one of them. My backpack value goes up every time a new suggestion goes through. I am done with my collection already. 

That was at least calmer than what metoxys said to gold. Man you UC collectors are scary.

Hey man, leave the other Uc collectors (me) out of this.. OR I WILL RIPP YOU APART AND EAT YOUR BRAINS. I like brains :)

Nothing wrong with gold dick's suggestions. They are good. As an uncraft collector I approve them (don't want to brag, but I'm the biggest one out there).

I've had issues with some of the suggestions gimdwu has approved in the past.  However, those are easier to overturn than these.

I've honestly been on the fence about how uncraftables with only 1 or 2 on outpost are being priced.  But, i figure it isn't too important.  If there are so few on the market, they will likely ignore pricelists and pay/ask what they want.

I see a whole lot of dicks being whipped out and not a lot of work getting done

what point is this even addressing?  what work do you want done?

what point is this even addressing? what work do you want done?

He wants you to rape his face.

Nothing wrong with gold dick's suggestions. They are good. As an uncraft collector I approve them (don't want to brag, but I'm the biggest one out there).

D: I was going to donate UC but you were never online, gave it away as part of a deal

biggest UC collector out there approves gimdwu's suggesting high values for UC's.  groundbreaking.

biggest UC collector out there approves gimdwu's suggesting high values for UC's.  groundbreaking.

For your information, I'm still buying, when he suggests higher values for them I've got to pay more and then I can get less hats. So in a certain way the upvotes are also bad for me. http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/8752404

Though this had nothing to do with the reason why I approved. I approved because I know the value of these hats is higher. When some hats are stil priced at 1 rec I can sell them for 1 ref already if I wanted. So a price suggestion for 0.66-1ref for example would be a good idea in that case. If the value of a dirty hat is lower I downvote. For example the batter's helmet. Or the hitman promos. I also have those in my backpack and still downvoted.

Again, I think I know quite alot about  the values of dirty hats.Thats why I was pointing out I'm the biggest uc collector.

I'm gonna use this as a "UC Hats General" thread

Idk if someone should update the Glengarry. I posted mine at 1 rec on the classifieds and got two instantaneous adds, plus a guy I already had in my friends list wanting to buy it. One of the people wanting to buy re-sells them for .66 on Outpost, but looking at some other trades on Outpost there are a few unsold at .33 and a few sold at .66.

If anyone wanna look into that

I'm gonna use this as a "UC Hats General" thread

Idk if someone should update the Glengarry. I posted mine at 1 rec on the classifieds and got two instantaneous adds, plus a guy I already had in my friends list wanting to buy it. One of the people wanting to buy re-sells them for .66 on Outpost, but looking at some other trades on Outpost there are a few unsold at .33 and a few sold at .66.

If anyone wanna look into that

I buy them daily for 1 rec.

Archived