Just traded for unusual from a guy who is banned on outpost for "scammer alt." Will this history affect my ability to sell the hat?

BQE

Traded my smoking flamboyant for a ghosts coppers hard top + minimal sweets from this guy.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/user/76015

It looks like he was banned over a year ago for being a scammer alt.  I'm at work and partially on mobile, so I didn't check the hat's history (also, I pretty much never check a hat's history...).  Will this have any bearing on my ability to sell the hat?  

edit: Also a marked scammer on steamrep for "paypal chargeback scam" in Dota 2 trading.

http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198063486880 <---steamrep profile

http://dota2traders.com/threads/scammer-76561198063486880.57430/ <---scam report

k thanks.  I've owned unusuals that had scammers in their history, but have never been the one that traded for it directly from the scammer. 

people only care if its duped.

ive seen 1 or 2 ppl that actually cares for banned ppl

Someone offered their 9 bud backpack on my gen.robo sandvich when i sitll had it. We were about to do the trade, then he realized I was banned from Ouptost. Didn't make the trade. I spent the next 3 days trying to convince him, and in the end he just deleted me.

Someone offered their 9 bud backpack on my gen.robo sandvich when i sitll had it. We were about to do the trade, then he realized I was banned from Ouptost. Didn't make the trade. I spent the next 3 days trying to convince him, and in the end he just deleted me.

that however is different. im refusing trading with people that are scammers. if you got banned for like execessive relisting i wouldnt care. but if you're banned at steamrep for something. i would refuse to trade with you. it has happened multiple times, gotten quite nice qs deals of scammers, but i always refuse it.

what i mean with that people dont care is that if you have an item history like this:

person 1

person 2

person 3

person 1

person 4

person 5

person 6

person 7

and then person 4 is a scammer, people dont care. the current owner, the seller is a scammer. people might refuse to trade.

Hmmmm think the general consensus is no?

Most people wouldn't avoid trading you just because your hat used to be owned by a marked scammer, however if they are a currently marked scammer someone people tend to avoid them. Sharkers...tend to have a hard time selling their hats at full price tho too xD

Hmmmm think the general consensus is no?

Most people wouldn't avoid trading you just because your hat used to be owned by a marked scammer, however if they are a currently marked scammer someone people tend to avoid them. Sharkers...tend to have a hard time selling their hats at full price tho too xD

sharkers are tagged, how would ppl know

Archived