Backpack.tf Secret Santa 2014

Python.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joining. 

But the description is very unclear. Do we choose the person? Do you choose the person we give the gift to?

Also, how do we know every single person will get one gift? What if one person gets chosen 5 times and three people don't get chosen at all?

I think for all of fairness that everyone gets chosen a random person. Just like irl secret santas. Everyone randomly gets assigned a number (that's their own number) and then we randomly assign other people a second number (the number to the person we're going to give the gift to.)

Otherwise this really isn't "secret" but actually pretty biased.

Yeah. Set a deadline until people can join (somewhere in the beginning of december). Then randomly assign every user to another to create some kind of a chain.

Do we choose the person? Do you choose the person we give the gift to?

Also, how do we know every single person will get one gift? What if one person gets chosen 5 times and three people don't get chosen at all?

Santa will send you the person you are to give the gift to

I don't think that's unclear. The answer to your question is directly in the thread

As for the 2nd line, everyone who enters will be assigned to someone, and everyone who enters will give something to someone

Why would I give one person to several other people and leave several out of it?

And yes, it is still random. I'm not using a randomizer, but you're gonna have to trust me when I say I am making the most random assortments I can do. It's still very much a secret in that nobody knows who is giving to who and what item they will get

I will also add that entries for this years Secret Santa will be closed the 5th of December, giving everyone who entered at least 15 days to get their gift in

In the unholy event someone (Person A) does not give a gift, but another person [Person B] sends Person A one, the gift that was given to Person A will be give to Person C, the person that Person A was supposed to give the gift to. This will lead to everyone getting something, even if 'Person A' drops out

Edit: I have decided to use a randomizer, as Blaqk makes a reasonable point

Raandom question, if someone can answer that would be helpful. 

Not sure if i want to join but if i do, am i allowed? Not sure if i'm an "active" poster yet

Not sure if i want to join but if i do, am i allowed? Not sure if i'm an "active" poster yet

It would very much depend on Python, but for all I know everyone's free to join.

Just make sure you do your job and make a good present for your receiver.

If you don't add Santa, you won't be added to the list.

Entries are restricted to active members. Making an account just to enter is not allowed, as well as only having a few posts
 -- cont.: account must have been made before August 2014 with a minimum post count of 30, some exceptions apply

Sorry, you don't meet the qualifications

will we have a voice chat conversation for the event, like skype/TS/tf2 server?

Nah, not really. Depends if the person wants to receive the item in-game and if I can accommodate that

I will announce my gift will be worth significantly less valuable than less year because I'm too poor to purchase another diary +name/desc tags and a gift wrap

Archived