Best AVP for Windows 7?

Duscoda

What would you guys say is the best AVP for Windows 7? The one I've been using has served me well but it would be foolish of me to not consider another program if it's overall better.

A good one: AVG 

The best one: Don't do stupid shit

What are the advantages of AVG over say Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, and Avast?

Of course not doing stupid things is the best to avoid viruses, but shit does happen. The real best way to not get a virus is literally never have your computer connected to the internet, ever.

Of course not doing stupid things is the best to avoid viruses, but shit does happen. The real best way to not get a virus is literally never have your computer connected to the internet, ever.

Well, Malwarebytes is antimalware, not an antivirus; the two are distinctly difference. 

AVG, Kaspersky, Avast, they're all good choices....pretty much everything but Norton is a fine choice, AVG is just lightweight and is/has been free forever. 

I got Norton Security Suite free, as a bundle deal with comcast's Constant Guard (which I ended up uninstalling)

False positives occasionally pop up, but I get little notifications whenever it does anything and it's not hard to ignore those files, and for the most part I'm satisfied.

I wouldn't pay money for it, of course. But if you can get it free like I did, it's totally worth it.

I run Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 and Malwarebytes Pro on home desktop, wife's laptop and my personal laptop.

My work laptop has MS Security Essentials and Malwarebytes free.

I think Malwarebytes free is all you need. Like others have said, don't do anything stupid. Don't install sketchy programs you find on sketchy websites, and if you do, try scanning them in Malwarebytes and run a scan afterwards. I've always done this and I've been pretty safe.

I think Malwarebytes free is all you need. Like others have said, don't do anything stupid. Don't install sketchy programs you find on sketchy websites, and if you do, try scanning them in Malwarebytes and run a scan afterwards. I've always done this and I've been pretty safe.

Malwarebytes is just an anti-malware program; its not an antivirus. 

Kaspersky is shit malwarebytes is anti malaware and avast is a piece of shit with gaming mode

AVG is the best all you have to do is not be a complete fucking moron and your good

AVG is the best all you have to do is not be a complete fucking moron and your good

What makes AVG better than Kaspersky and the other popular AVPs?

Kaspersky has a very low detection rate basically causes slow boot slows your internet down uses ALOT of RAM when scanning

free and lightweight. 

You're really thinking too hard about this. 

dafuq iz dis?

Been using avast for 6 years without troubles. What am I doing wrong?

Your obsession with avatars and gifs of people with a rare skin disease scares me

I'd never ask such a thing on a forum, you'll get thrown every existsing anti-virus at your face, and you'll not get any further.

But Malwarebytes is the way to go, together with AVG.

Archived