Interstellar

Mikusch

Has anyone watched this movie yet? It newly came out in Germany and I just watched it today. In my opinion it's a masterpiece. I don't want to spoil too much but it's really worth watching it, at some point you're crying waterfalls.

Anyone else watched it? If yes, what's your opinion on it?

Amazing movie, saw it the 2nd day it came out and this is actually the first movie close to making me cry, everything looks so good and in the end it's such a mindfuck, everyone should see this movie.

I liked how they really had a theoretical physicist on set. Even though its caused a stir in the scientific community, its still brings up a lot of things to wonder. I think there should have been more of an exploration aspect, but its excellent nonetheless. The scenes of cosmic travel are amazing, that even when there isn't any sound, it emanates the fact that there ISN'T sound in space. When it gets to the science FICTION part of the movie, that's where jaws start dropping and tears start to leak. Its a great mix of human emotion and factual science in a SciFi movie. 

When I went to see it, I was basically entirely sucked into the movie. It had me gripped for the whole 2 and a half hours. It's a very difficult movie to explain for me. It was worth the $6.50! The start of the movie is slow, but there's a lot to explain, and it shows the love between family members. Which is very important when the movies moves on. Just go watch it yourself! I could not rate it out of 10 even if I tried.

It's nothing like Gravity.

It's full of very original ideas (the robot companions are unlike anything you've ever seen). The aspects of it in space are done INCREDIBLY well, and the science is relatively solid SPOLIER (white font): until he falls into a black hole. For example, there's a dramatic moment in space in which things blow up, people die, and the entire situation looks fucked. But it's in space, so it's dead silent. The most memorable moment in the movie for me.

Keep in mind that it isn't truly a space action/adventure, but rather a very human story with space action/adventure elements.

Go see it. Haven't been so blown away by a movie since Inception.

Too much hype, didn't live up to it. But was still a great movie

Big hero 6 iz still better :v

Wear it front, back, inside outside out, & back n' front

Too much hype, didn't live up to it. But was still a great movie

Big hero 6 iz still better :v

Wear it front, back, inside outside out, & back n' front

Big hero 6 was 2gud. Bamex is a good healthcare companion. :^^^]]]]

Big hero 6 was 2gud. Bamex is a good healthcare companion. :^^^]]]]

first time Stan was a "big" part of the movie (just spoiled it a bit, now hate me)

I literally just came out of the theater- I saw it in IMAX. 

That is easily my favorite movie of all time. 

I can't say too much without spoilers, but the soundtrack to that movie moved me to tears more than once. Hans Zimmer is a god at creating music, it fit so well. The music really brought out the emotion far more than any special effects could. I'm not saying that the movie lacked special effects and genuine feeling, but without the music, it wouldn't have struck my chords the same way. 

This movie really showed me how wonderful of an actor Matthew Mcconaughey really is. 

Fuck it, spoiler warning. Do not open this spoiler if you don't want parts of the movie potentially spoiled for you. 

The moment when Cooper and Brand return from the planet near the event horizon and Cooper is looking through 23 years worth of family logs and crying really brought me to genuine tears. Just thinking about it now is making my eyes water. He was such a perfect actor for the role, and I feel that any other actor wouldn't have been able to really bring out any emotions near what he was able to bring out. 

To me, he seems like such a heroic, homey guy. He seems like the kind of guy who'd sacrifice anything to get back to his family. The fact that he was faced with 23 years worth of videos about his kid's lives as he returned from a couple hours worth of exploring really moved me. It was Matthew's aura that really did it for him.

The way things were revealed as the movie went on continued to excite me, it really spiced up the movie and kept me on the brink of tears as things continued to clear up for Cooper and the audience. Some of the realizations he had, and some of the quotes from the movie will stick with me for a while, as they were so perfectly placed where they needed to be. 

All-in-all, I could go on for ages raving about this movie. I plan on seeing it in theaters again, it was absolutely mind-boggling.

Archived