Stop pricing unusuals

AwesomeMcCoolName

63 members have voted

1. 1. Petition

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did this actually happen? Cause my backpack value just bombed, even though the unusual pricing guide still exists.

Did this actually happen? Cause my backpack value just bombed, even though the unusual pricing guide still exists.

bug, fixed

I hope all of you realize the vote doesn't matter so much as only people who are passionate about this would be here.

What an interesting way of saying this.  Also, that kid freaks me out.

You know that you can make 3 quotes in one post, and don't need to post 3 times?

You are right, if you have started some work - complete it, and then engaged in other problems. This is not a disaster, for which solutions need to throw everything in the world.

Quickly only rabbits are born. 

I think we can all wait.

sFohkV4.jpg

You know how a signature works, right? You don't have to attach it on the end of each of your posts.

You know how a signature works, right? You don't have to attach it on the end of each of your posts.

I do not understand , here can be some sort of a problem ?

I do not understand , here can be some sort of a problem ?

Well if someone quotes your post he will quote your signature too, what shouldn't be.

That's pretty much what I have in mind (well, one part of the issue) -- being able to set unusuals under a certain value to be saved in their currencies instead of dollar amount. There still needs to be a better reflection of earbud value in the $ market.

Here's an idea:

Store unusuals in 2 currencies:

1. the dollar amount when the vote got accepted

2. the number of key / buds when the vote got accepted

And report them in 2 currencies.

So let's say a vote passes for hat A for 1 bud, while bud is at $33

A price = 1 bud / $33

A few month later, the bud price becomes $40, the hat price will be:

1 bud / $33

If someone wants to buy the hat for real cash to save money good for him, if someone prefers buds and doesn't use paypal, they trade it for 1 bud (and implicitly pay $40 just without using real money). Simple.

This way you make everyone happy and leave it up to traders to pick what currency they want to use.

Here's an idea:

A price = 1 bud / $33

1 bud / $33

If someone wants to buy the hat for real cash to save money good for him, if someone prefers buds and doesn't use paypal, they trade it for 1 bud (and implicitly pay $40 just without using real money). Simple.

This way you make everyone happy and leave it up to traders to pick what currency they want to use.

I also spoke about 2 price lists above : one in $ (together with all amendments $-buds, bud-key-ref) and the second in bud-key (the price accepted on the suggestion of price).

There probably is not all clear due to my bad english

Against. The system needs an update, and the explosive growth of this thread is proof enough of its support, but that doesn't mean let innaccurate prices sit idle.

EDIT: Haha, Brad Pitt voted against, so he knows this exists xD

Here's an idea:

A price = 1 bud / $33

1 bud / $33

I support this with one change.  It should display current trade value of the accepted suggestion as it currently does.  This way people have an idea of the difference from then and now.  $ amount should voted upon based on paypal or market sales and trade price based on trade sales and a converted price to show change in currencies since the suggestion was accepted.

Against. The system needs an update, and the explosive growth of this thread is proof enough of its support, but that doesn't mean let innaccurate prices sit idle.

EDIT: Haha, Brad Pitt voted against, so he knows this exists xD

It is literally pointless to continue to do PCs. In a couple weeks the PC that you spent 15-30 mins on will be inaccurate due to a currency change.  Go back and look at previous accepted prices that are like 3 months old. I bet the "update" price is just the same as it was 3 months ago but the conversion has caused the displayed price to be artificially deflated.

We need to stand together to prove to Brad that this issue is very important.  He has continued to work on other side projects instead of addressing this glaring issue.

It is literally pointless to continue to do PCs. In a couple weeks the PC that you spent 15-30 mins on will be inaccurate due to a currency change. Go back and look at previous accepted prices that are like 3 months old. I bet the "update" price is just the same as it was 3 months ago but the conversion has caused the displayed price to be artificially deflated.

We need to stand together to prove to Brad that this issue is very important. He has continued to work on other side projects instead of addressing this glaring issue.

Have you completely missed Brad's posts?

I just find it so funny that when a glitch ( I think it was on purpose; which helped ) that removed pricing for unusuals.

Everyone basically sha* themselves and wanted it back, so even as we moan it's awful; don't take it for granted, so thank you Brad for what you've done. =)

Before I started updating unusual prices I couldn't sympathise with people's complaints. Looking to update the burning fukaamigasa made me realise that suggestions are based in two ways:

- People look only at bud/pure/unusual offers and don't consider whether the bp.tf bud USD value is accurate (e.g. 23 keys currently = $43). It overvalues the USD price. My understanding is that most people price this way. 

- People suggest prices in USD (e.g. taking buds as being worth $40), makes the bp.tf bud amount appear lower than it should. 

So if I suggested 7 buds and didn't take into consideration USD I'd be making it $21 dollars more than it should be (so around half a bud).

I think if everyone priced unusuals in USD things would be better in the long run (then a manually set bud price could reduce most glaring price problems?). But because there isn't a consist method of pricing among unusual suggesters it could portray different values when it shouldn't, e.g.  two hats, one based on USD and one in buds might have the same $ value when the actual ballpark price of one is higher. I wish Brad luck in figuring out a solution that pleases most people.

Looking to update the burning fukaamigasa made me realise that suggestions are based in two ways:

Thank you based unusual suggestions?

Have you completely missed Brad's posts?

No, i saw that he said in another 3 weeks maybe. Sounds similar to about 4 months ago when he told me he was working on it.

My point is that until its fixed, we need to continue to abstain from doing pc's.

• 3 weeks later...

I would say the time frame is something along the lines of 3 weeks or so.

No, i saw that he said in another 3 weeks maybe. Sounds similar to about 4 months ago when he told me he was working on it.

My point is that until its fixed, we need to continue to abstain from doing pc's.

:L

Just keeping this topic alive. Still on strike.

Lol im refraining from doing unusual suggestions unless if a manipulator is trying to obviously increase bp value, in that case i would update that unusual if it warrants a decrease in price. Then go to him and thank him for alerting me that it needed an update ;DDDD #troll # *sshole

i dont do unusual suggestion a lot tho

I think I mentioned this before, but this is a lot like #savethetf2keys.

They both have a

• idealistic/improbable goal
  • lack of influential people
  • a problem that cannot be fixed through current actions

I think I mentioned this before, but this is a lot like #savethetf2keys.

They both have a

• idealistic/improbable goal
  • lack of influential people
  • a problem that cannot be fixed through current actions

But even admins disagree with using this sites unusual prices so theres a difference. Its about fixing a flawed system and not tryin to change prices  to fit our ideas

Well I guess I'm off strike then, since I did a price update on the Smoking Pencil Pusher a week ago (albeit one for a friend).

I never really wanted to be on strike to begin with. You read my original post, and I also agree with Merrycatch's post about the idea being unrealistic.

But even admins disagree with using this sites unusual prices so theres a difference. Its about fixing a flawed system and not tryin to change prices to fit our ideas

Its only a flaw in your opinion. If you payed attention when the bud has dropped recently, you would notice that any hat u had, that's worth over a bud, went up a little. It did on one of mine. If u had made the price static in buds you would have lost reletive value.

Tbh I saw many deals outside the bp.tf price recently but with the current system I don't think a price update would help that much. Voted for yes.

Think unusuals are a bit unstable atm with buds fluctuating so often and keys still creeping up :S

Been seeing alot of low tier unusuals with b/os of like 9-10 keys lately...

Archived