Stop pricing unusuals

AwesomeMcCoolName

63 members have voted

1. 1. Petition

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lots of text

most lowerend unusuals arent dealt with cash though. and people that offer on those hats doesnt care if the buds are 37$ or 45$. for most people a bud is a bud. which to me is that either keys or buds should be the base, and not the value of them alone.

so like if the price is 20 keys, the price never changes, it should move. when/if buds gets to 20 keys, the value will be 1 bud. keys should be the start of the ecuation, not a cash value.

if you want to keep it in cash value somehow, make a button that you can press that says "this suggestion is based on cash offers" or something like that. then it can follow the cash prices. but when i buy a hat, i offer it in buds. i dont offer of the usd value of buds. i offer it what keys are in buds

but ill stay optimistic for the update

most lowerend unusuals arent dealt with cash though. and people that offer on those hats doesnt care if the buds are 37$ or 45$. for most people a bud is a bud. which to me is that either keys or buds should be the base, and not the value of them alone.

so like if the price is 20 keys, the price never changes, it should move. when/if buds gets to 20 keys, the value will be 1 bud. keys should be the start of the ecuation, not a cash value.

if you want to keep it in cash value somehow, make a button that you can press that says "this suggestion is based on cash offers" or something like that. then it can follow the cash prices. but when i buy a hat, i offer it in buds. i dont offer of the usd value of buds. i offer it what keys are in buds

but ill stay optimistic for the update

That's pretty much what I have in mind (well, one part of the issue) -- being able to set unusuals under a certain value to be saved in their currencies instead of dollar amount. There still needs to be a better reflection of earbud value in the $ market.

There still needs to be a better reflection of earbud value in the $ market.

Yea, there does, but no one really uses bptf to figure out what to buy/sell buds at anyway. 

P.s. Sorry if my thread seems abrasive towards you, its just that its been discussed over and over again for months, and you've been pushing out other (imo less important) updates. 

This topic has been visited so often and I get tired of explaining this but... Let's take extremes, once again.

The major problem here is not that unusuals are priced in $, the major problem is that the $ value assigned to earbuds is not accurate because it is based on the price of metal. The site doesn't take into account that earbuds are sold cheaper in $ than their value in refined. The same goes for keys. So that's what needs to be addressed and it will be addressed in the very near future.

Thanks for the feedback , honestly, I had a very pessimistic mood .

This is the first part of the problem but not all, if we can find a more accurate price in the dollars on the ref-key-bud

we will know the exact price of unusual hats in the dollars but not in the ref-key-bud.Inaccuracies appear after the first

change in the price of key in refs or bud in the keys .

Change occurs prices : bud in keys by 4% (1 key) - change occurs prices unusual hats by 4%.On the lower ranges (up to 1.5 bud)

it is almost imperceptible, on the high ranges (from 10-15 bud - ......) it can be seen perfectly.If the hat was cost 60 buds,

a bud with at decrease the value to the 1 key, it will cost 62.4 bud. And if these changes over the last month is about

8-10 + wrong price bud in $? Results prices here http://backpack.tf/unusuals .

Mathematically - all right, but in practice it does not work: a good example - Jester price suggestion (for period time) here:

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/1743-unusual-price-in-buds/page-2 The main conclusion :Then and now buyers are

willing to pay the same price in the keys- buds. It does not matter that the price of the bud has increased.

My opinion: The best way to assess an unusual hat - made a suggestion of price at this time it will be more accurate than

change the price after the suggestion of price , because of a change a bud in the dollar value of or bud in the keys- refs.

My suggestion :

1. Leave a prices unusual hats - no change ( the change in the dollar value of bud, bud change value in the keys -refs) after

the price suggestion accepted .We will have the exact price in buds -keys to a specific date (for example June 5 2013).

But the price has to be exactly in the buds - keys, without evaluation in dollars ( Price hat~20 buds =/=900 $ or ~20 buds =/=740$).

Why do I need to set the date and month?

I can not predict the price of a hat for a few weeks or months in future (it is impossible make exactly), but at the time when

my price suggestion is accepted - my price exact .I see this as the basic goal of price suggestion : we can not create a prediction

of prices, but we can accurately determine the price of the item at the moment of acceptance of the suggestion price, the word

statistics - it is the goal of the site.

Will the price in the buds-keys topical in a few weeks-months ?

I think that yes, Jester example ( http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/1743-unusual-price-in-buds/page-2 ) shows that prices

in the bud, the key remained stable at 3 and 6 months. If fluctuations price on the market occur, you can change the price through

the suggestion of price (I think on the site now a lot of people who make a good suggestion)

2.Alternatively, you can make a second price list in the dollars, with all the changes bud - the dollar , the bud - key - ref ,

but without mention of prices in the bud - key: hat is worth ~ 126 Dolar.Evaluate the cost of backpacks in the dollar, but

considering all of the changes: bud - the dollar , the bud - key - ref , and price for unusual hats should be indicated in dollar

but not in bud-key .This will help to avoid confusion (If you want to know how much cost your unusual hat in Buds - looking in a

price unusual in Buds or vice versa, but do not equate these price lists).

What this will give the us ?

I think such a system of evaluation will help to assess the value of community backpacks and keep more accurate and stable

prices for unusual hats.

Maybe I'm not here all taken into account and the idea a little crude, but I think possible to work in this direction .

Me always interested in your opinion !!!

sFohkV4.jpg

Thanks for the feedback , honestly, I had a very pessimistic mood .

This is the first part of the problem but not all, if we can find a more accurate price in the dollars on the ref-key-bud

we will know the exact price of unusual hats in the dollars but not in the ref-key-bud.Inaccuracies appear after the first

change in the price of key in refs or bud in the keys .

Change occurs prices : bud in keys by 4% (1 key) - change occurs prices unusual hats by 4%.On the lower ranges (up to 1.5 bud)

it is almost imperceptible, on the high ranges (from 10-15 bud - ......) it can be seen perfectly.If the hat was cost 60 buds,

a bud with at decrease the value to the 1 key, it will cost 62.4 bud. And if these changes over the last month is about

8-10 + wrong price bud in $? Results prices here http://backpack.tf/unusuals .

Mathematically - all right, but in practice it does not work: a good example - Jester price suggestion (for period time) here:

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/1743-unusual-price-in-buds/page-2 The main conclusion :Then and now buyers are

willing to pay the same price in the keys- buds. It does not matter that the price of the bud has increased.

My opinion: The best way to assess an unusual hat - made a suggestion of price at this time it will be more accurate than

change the price after the suggestion of price , because of a change a bud in the dollar value of or bud in the keys- refs.

My suggestion :

1. Leave a prices unusual hats - no change ( the change in the dollar value of bud, bud change value in the keys -refs) after

the price suggestion accepted .We will have the exact price in buds -keys to a specific date (for example June 5 2013).

But the price has to be exactly in the buds - keys, without evaluation in dollars ( Price hat~20 buds =/=900 $ or ~20 buds =/=740$).

Why do I need to set the date and month?

I can not predict the price of a hat for a few weeks or months in future (it is impossible make exactly), but at the time when

my price suggestion is accepted - my price exact .I see this as the basic goal of price suggestion : we can not create a prediction

of prices, but we can accurately determine the price of the item at the moment of acceptance of the suggestion price, the word

statistics - it is the goal of the site.

Will the price in the buds-keys topical in a few weeks-months ?

I think that yes, Jester example ( http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/1743-unusual-price-in-buds/page-2 ) shows that prices

in the bud, the key remained stable at 3 and 6 months. If fluctuations price on the market occur, you can change the price through

the suggestion of price (I think on the site now a lot of people who make a good suggestion)

2.Alternatively, you can make a second price list in the dollars, with all the changes bud - the dollar , the bud - key - ref ,

but without mention of prices in the bud - key: hat is worth ~ 126 Dolar.Evaluate the cost of backpacks in the dollar, but

considering all of the changes: bud - the dollar , the bud - key - ref , and price for unusual hats should be indicated in dollar

but not in bud-key .This will help to avoid confusion (If you want to know how much cost your unusual hat in Buds - looking in a

price unusual in Buds or vice versa, but do not equate these price lists).

What this will give the us ?

I think such a system of evaluation will help to assess the value of community backpacks and keep more accurate and stable

prices for unusual hats.

Maybe I'm not here all taken into account and the idea a little crude, but I think possible to work in this direction .

Me always interested in your opinion !!!

sFohkV4.jpg

Too lazy to read all that but i totally AGREE (since you always price unusuals)

This might be over-simplifying everything but wouldn't this all be resolved if BPtf takes a huge step by taking absolute control of the main currencies (keys, metal, Buds)?

This might be over-simplifying everything but wouldn't this all be resolved if BPtf takes a huge step by taking absolute control of the main currencies (keys, metal, Buds)?

then they would be inaccurate.

Profiteers like you would be able to profit off many bp.tf biblists.

I have said this in another thread but I am against changing this.  Also, many of you seriously sound like the "save the keeyyyssss" group.  If you pay attention you will realize your hat is not losing value at all.  Nor is the work you are doing making suggestions a waste of time.

What is that you see as the problem really?   Is it just that it no longer lists at the same amount of buds as it did before?  Well that should be changing right now as Buds have moved to 23 keys.  How is it that you can't recognize that you are dealing with a flawed currency?  IDK

I think you understand that really.  I believe you also understand the principle that the price of the hat hasn't changed at all.  I just believe that you can't get past what you paid for something and what it now appears to be.  IDK

At the end of it all, Brads choice of tying the price to refined is the best choice (note several people think that the site converts the paypal price of buds and uses that.  This is not true).  Refined is the most stable currency in the game mainly due to it being the most commonly used trade currency (I believe there is around 1.2 million ref, 800k rec and 1.3 million scrap. All of which is used solely for trade currency).  Most items introduced into the game are most often priced and traded in refined so that it will always be in demand for what item is new.  Its $ value is only effected by its volume in the game so it is very predictable.

BTW if you want, I can start pricing Unusuals again.

Edit:  Look back at all recent price changes.  Nearly all Unusuals are getting price bumps.  If you consider the fact that 16 new effects are in the game and piles of hat options are there than it is inconceivable that all would be receiving bumps.

then they would be inaccurate.

Profiteers like you would be able to profit off many bp.tf biblists.

True, the prices would be inaccurate but it SHOULD be able to make the market stable.

A fixed price of metal would stop the rising price of keys which would stop the fluctuating prices of Buds. Making those seem fixed too.

Also, this isn't about profit. This is finding an alternative to the problem: removing Unusual Prices at BPtf.

Additionally, it's just a thought :3

What is that you see as the problem really?  

Its kind of annoying to reply to you and read your comments when i have to repeat the problem is buds are higher $$ on the site then they sell for. And brings in wrong conversion. 

Not low unusual prices that you seem to think and we are trying to profit but i want the suggested $$ be displayed with the correct $$ conversion

The problem is that prices don't remain accurate. There are some hats which are pretty much always 1 bud, no matter what 1 bud is in usd. So, prices aren't all accurate.

Plus the majority of people don't look past the listed price in buds, few people who use bptf for unusuals actually check the usd value.

You have to understand though that something like this is a major change in the site's logic, and I can't just change one line of code to make that happen. A lot of checks and testing need to be done. I've been working on some major backend rewrites for the past few weeks and I can't start working on other major changes until those are completed. If something goes wrong, it'd just make it worse. I would say the time frame is something along the lines of 3 weeks or so.

You are right, if you have started some work - complete it, and then engaged in other problems. This is not a disaster, for which solutions need to throw everything in the world.

Quickly only rabbits are born. 

I think we can all wait.

sFohkV4.jpg

Its kind of annoying to reply to you and read your comments when i have to repeat the problem is buds are higher $$ on the site then they sell for. And brings in wrong conversion. 

Not low unusual prices that you seem to think and we are trying to profit but i want the suggested $$ be displayed with the correct $$ conversion

Liddo, the site doesn't use the market price of buds.  As follows; Bud = 23 keys, Key = 5.44 ref, Ref = $0.34.  So an accepted suggestion on a 2 bud hat today will be locked in at $85.08.  Literally speaking, Brad doesn't need to use a dollar value at all and could take away the $ symbol and it would mean the same.  The dollar value stored has nothing to do with it's market price, the market price of buds or keys.  I displayed multiple times how you are not losing any value with the current system.  It is a simply a way to lock in a price of an item where trade currency very so much in relation to each other.

True, the prices would be inaccurate but it SHOULD be able to make the market stable.

A fixed price of metal would stop the rising price of keys which would stop the fluctuating prices of Buds. Making those seem fixed too.

Also, this isn't about profit. This is finding an alternative to the problem: removing Unusual Prices at BPtf.

Additionally, it's just a thought :3

Buds fluctuate based on general desire to buy Unusuals as keys are preferred for any other purchases. 

I hope all of you realize the vote doesn't matter so much as only people who are passionate about this would be here.

You are right, if you have started some work - complete it, and then engaged in other problems. This is not a disaster, for which solutions need to throw everything in the world.

Quickly only rabbits are born. 
I think we can all wait.

sFohkV4.jpg

What an interesting way of saying this.  Also, that kid freaks me out.

I hope all of you realize the vote doesn't matter so much as only people who are passionate about this would be here.

What an interesting way of saying this.  Also, that kid freaks me out.

Well I'm petioning because I care about bptf and don't want it to fall any further. Most unusual traders already hate the unusual price Guide, which could eventually lead to a general hatred if the site.

Well I'm petioning because I care about bptf and don't want it to fall any further. Most unusual traders already hate the unusual price Guide, which could eventually lead to a general hatred if the site.

We have to define who we are here for.  Is it the profit seeking trader or the average player wanting to buy something?  The profit trader knows the market while the player doesn't.  We are obviously here to protect, inform and help them.  That is were our reputation comes from.  That traders are angry with a price guide is to be expected and Unusual traders especially.  There are so many people who's, voice is not here, that are indeed thankful for this site.  Do not be afraid of hate, it is to be expected.

I know that you care about the site, I do to.  My concern is that it fulfill its role as the chief information site for players to gain knowledge so as not to be scammed or to pay more than they need to.

We have to define who we are here for.  Is it the profit seeking trader or the average player wanting to buy something?  The profit trader knows the market while the player doesn't.  We are obviously here to protect, inform and help them.  That is were our reputation comes from.  That traders are angry with a price guide is to be expected and Unusual traders especially.  There are so many people who's, voice is not here, that are indeed thankful for this site.  Do not be afraid of hate, it is to be expected.

I know that you care about the site, I do to.  My concern is that it fulfill its role as the chief information site for players to gain knowledge so as not to be scammed or to pay more than they need to.

You are thinking about it from only one side. What about the guy that unboxes a nice hat and gets sharked b/c he accepts the unrealistic, low bp.tf price?

The prices are just wrong, plain and simple. Its hurting buyers and sellers alike.

Is it the profit seeking trader or the average player wanting to buy something?  The profit trader knows the market while the player doesn't.  We are obviously here to protect, inform and help them.  That is were our reputation comes from.

And that is exactly y reasoning behind why the storage system should change. While storing prices in USD tends to be more accurate for higher tier unusuals, storing prices in buds tends to be more accurate for lower tier unusuals. If you look at whose buying each, its usually the newer less experienced trader thats buying the low-mid tier unusuals, which is why i'd rather protect the price of low-mid tier unusuals over high-god tier unusuals. 

@Jester, thats less of an issue, because no matter what the listed price is he'll probably end up getting screwed anyway (sadly). Plus, while thats still a common scenario (actually very common---pretty sure the burning/moon ke were both sharked, as well as at least one of the burning tcs) its far less important of an issue then everyday trades. 

Archived