Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AwesomeMcCoolName

Stop pricing unusuals

63 members have voted

1. 1. Petition

AwesomeMcCoolName

inb4 ban and a change

inb4 Brad fixes the current system. 

Liddojunior
100% of the unusuals i say are wrongly priced. Becuase most of them use other unusuals to price them and they are wrong because they were shifted down by the usd thing

Simon the Giver

I may only have an orange belt, but I 100% agree. I see no reason for you guys or myself to work hard on making accurate suggestions when they just lose their value in a week. It is completely flawed and something needed to be done a long time ago. 

ThatOtherChigga #Mack

万å²é©å‘½ï¼

MC22

万å²é©å‘½ï¼

Simplfied nub

Use the report system. Mob rule is not an appropriate way to moderate unusuals.

macascfl

I don't make suggestions too often, but I'll join in on this too.

ERASER BY

万å²é©å‘½ï¼

é©å‘½ä¸ä¼šè§£å†³é—®é¢˜

sFohkV4.jpg

ThatOtherChigga #Mack

é©å‘½ä¸ä¼šè§£å†³é—®é¢˜

sFohkV4.jpg

you chinese like me and merry?

ThatOtherChigga #Mack

Also, lawl at the quality of unusual suggestions having gone down somewhat since this petition started. And I'm really not going to bother changing that.

you insulting me?

MC22

But nubs make bad suggestions :P

SOtru

you insulting me?

you'd think so

you chinese like me and merry?

He's Korean I think.

There's always goog translate

ThatOtherChigga #Mack

SOtru

you'd think so

He's Korean I think.

There's always goog translate

translate sucks

ThatOtherChigga #Mack

Yes

you wanna fight meh?

Brad Pitt

This topic has been visited so often and I get tired of explaining this but... Let's take extremes, once again.

3500$ unusual hat, today with earbuds being 37$ in the market, this makes this hat worth 3 ~94 buds. Just a couple weeks ago, when buds were 33$, that would make the hat worth ~106 buds. That's 12 buds difference. Now go back a couple months ago, when buds were 25$ and that hat was worth ~140 buds. Nobody in their right mind would pay 140 buds for this hat today, considering the $ value of buds -- so using buds as a currency doesn't make any difference, in fact it's worse. I know this is hard to understand for a majority of people, but tracking the actual $ value of unusual hats is much better than tracking them via the value of some currency item that fluctuate. Don't tell me the price of buds have been stable, cause they haven't been.

The major problem here is not that unusuals are priced in $, the major problem is that the $ value assigned to earbuds is not accurate because it is based on the price of metal. The site doesn't take into account that earbuds are sold cheaper in $ than their value in refined. The same goes for keys. So that's what needs to be addressed and it will be addressed in the very near future.

You have to understand though that something like this is a major change in the site's logic, and I can't just change one line of code to make that happen. A lot of checks and testing need to be done. I've been working on some major backend rewrites for the past few weeks and I can't start working on other major changes until those are completed. If something goes wrong, it'd just make it worse. I would say the time frame is something along the lines of 3 weeks or so.

Baloo

Thank you for the reply. While it carries merit I'd like to address the fact that unusuals do not necessarily fit into the same overarching category, so by using extremes you miss some of the finer details. Take for instance unusuals <10 buds or more exactly unusuals <5 buds. The majority of them are outdated and underpriced and the market for people buying them are focusing on backpack.tf prices. I have seen multiple people make offers higher than backpack.tf value and then rescind them or ask if the owner would be willing to take more or add because of the price listed on the price list. Granted this only strikes the low-tier unusuals, but it is still an issue since I believe the majority of updates are occurring in this range.

All that said I am looking forward to the update and will be optimistic about how it all pans out.

AwesomeMcCoolName

While you're right that buds do fluctuate in usd, in general a hats price doesn't change all that much. Most people are still asking for very similar bud prices. Since most people don't deal with usd nit everyone values there items in usd.

So, keep prices in usd, just eliminate the bud conversion. Store and list all prices in usd. Uts the conversion which really starts to mess things up.

I understand it's not an easy change, it requires a lot of work, but rather than pushing out other, less important updates, the focus really needs to be on fixing the unusual storage and conversion issues.

Jester

The major problem here is not that unusuals are priced in $, the major problem is that the $ value assigned to earbuds is not accurate because it is based on the price of metal. The site doesn't take into account that earbuds are sold cheaper in $ than their value in refined. The same goes for keys. So that's what needs to be addressed and it will be addressed in the very near future.

I think quite a few of us understand the massive issues with fixing it and the causes in the first place. This isn't really about that. It's about making a point that we love the site and it's contribution to the community.  It's just that it is a complete waste of time until the system is fixed.  You have a passionate group of ppl that want to help and PC hundreds of hats, but until the system is fixed we can not justify the effort.

I can't wait until the changes are implemented!

The Spycrab Risotto

I am in. Even though I just made an unusual suggestion before this....

I'm sorry guys.

Please fix this problem Brad.

The Spycrab Risotto

Thanks Brad for the reply. I understand how hard html codes are and i wish you good luck

Iris★

buds arent being sold for 37 dollars really theyre like 40

Liddojunior

buds arent being sold for 37 dollars really theyre like 40

Not according to Tf2 Finance 

♠Derpeh♤

Not according to Tf2 Finance 

I havent hear "tf2finance" for a while since long and the others stopped updating the price of keys a few times every week xD