Stop pricing unusuals

AwesomeMcCoolName

63 members have voted

1. 1. Petition

A petition to stop pricing unusuals until Brad updates the storage system...

Its been discussed for almost 6 months now in various different threads that the price of unusuals should NOT be tied to USD as it results in too much of a variation in unusual pricing, and results in a horribly inaccurate price list. As a result turning more and more people away from Backpack.tf.

I have personally stopped pricing unusuals for the last 3 or so months due to the flaw in the current system, and even after months of being told to change it, nothing has happened, so lets all join together and go on STRIKE!

The problem with the current system is that most low-mid tier unusual trading is done in buds rather than USD. While most high tier unusuals are frequently traded for USD. So, low-mid tier unusuals are usually traded for buds, and often times their bud price doesn't change even when the USD value of buds (some 1 bud unusuals are always 1 bud unusuals whether that be $36 or $42.).

But higher tier unusuals tend to be more affected by USD-bud changes since higher tier traders tend to think in USD. I personally always convert to USD and then back to promos when calculating prices (especially since the key change from $1.30 to $1.75). I bought a lot of items in bulk when keys were $1.30 and still hadn't sold them once keys hit $1.75, so i would go through the items (lets say its 12 Keys), i would convert it to USD (12*1.30=$15.6), and then find out how many keys that is now ($15.6/$1.75=9 Keys). In general newer traders (or traders who tend to buy cheaper unusuals) don't think in terms of USD, they think in terms of keys/buds, but more experienced traders (or traders who tend to buy god tier unusuals usually think in terms of USD rather than buds/keys. 

Alternatives:

• Store prices in the currency they were suggested in. 
  • Store low-mid tier unusuals in buds, and high tier unusuals in USD (0-5/6 buds in buds, 5.1/6.1+ in USD)
  • Store all prices in Buds

BRAD, we're done updating unusual prices until the current system is fixed. 

P.s. Nothing personal, you've done a great job with backpack.tf and its implementation but something needs to change before everyone stops using backpack.tf for unusuals. The majority of people already hated it before the prices got completely screwed up. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i never really priced unusuals lol.

But yes, my peace modest was 3-4 when i got it, now after 2 days i look at it and it is 3.2-4.2 ,, WAT lol

BRAD, we're done updating unusual prices until the current system is fixed.  mwahahahahahahahaha

BRAD, im done updating unusual prices until the current system is fixed. 

(Unless i can make a profit out of it)

I LIKE THIS IDEA

WHY WOULD PEOPLE UPDATE A PRICE ONLY TO HAVE IT SCREW UP IN LIKE 1 WEEK?!

BRAD, we're done updating unusual prices until the current system is fixed

strikeeeeee \O/\O/\O/\O\

Not like ive done alot of unusual pricing tho

BRAD, im done updating unusual prices until the current system is fixed. 

(Unless i can make a profit out of it)

BRAD, we're done updating unusual prices until the current system is fixed. 

Revolt revolt revolt revolt

Of course...mah rep...

The more I think about this situation the more I am sure what we do not know much, that what know Brad, seems to me it forces him not to change the current system. Yes you are right, this pricing system is not working as it should and need changes.

My last suggestions prices ( see for last month  http://backpack.tf/vote.php?skip=15&all=1&steamid=76561198006049632 ) were created with great difficulty, the reason: it is necessary to check all the prices on unusual hats several times, because 90% of the prices here  http://backpack.tf/unusuals   are not true . 

I would not to aggravate the situation and organize demonstrations - the site has been established primarily thanks to the work and initiative of Brad, but there must be a clear answer and explanation from Brad,can not wait forever . I do not see that this problem is very worried him (maybe just my imagination) .

I been with you

sFohkV4.jpg

I somehow stopped anyway, I think I lost my addiction to it...

Brad I'm not in this thing if you care at all. At least trying to be in it. Nubs'll keep changing the price anyhow, us stopping will affect nothing.

Also, lawl at the quality of unusual suggestions having gone down somewhat since this petition started. And I'm really not going to bother changing that.

I somehow stopped anyway, I think I lost my addiction to it...

Brad I'm not in this thing if you care at all. At least trying to be in it. Nubs'll keep changing the price anyhow, us stopping will affect nothing.

But nubs make bad suggestions :P

Archived