New PC

boogaloo92

My friend is looking to buy a PC that he can play games like TF2 with at least 60 FPS for probably $600 maximum, or a little bit over. It would be nice if you can dumb down some stuff because me and him aren't the greatest with computers lol. He also prefers to buy a pre-built computer, any help is appreciated, thanks.

Anything with a core 2 duo or i5 and a dedicated graphics card will work for those games.

lol integrated graphics can run tf2. 

Don't let him buy a pre-built system. You get much more bang for your buck with one you build yourself. 

This will easily be able to max out TF2, and then some. If you're only goal is to max out TF2, then you could just drop the video card. As for the ssd, it's not necessary, and it won't improve gaming performance, but it makes everything--with general use--feel much snappier. 

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($114.97 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($41.34 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.93 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDuo Video Card  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.22 @ Mwave) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($88.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $594.39
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-08 20:35 EST-0500

lol integrated graphics can run tf2. 

Don't let him buy a pre-built system. You get much more bang for your buck with one you build yourself. 

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($114.97 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($41.34 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.93 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDuo Video Card  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.22 @ Mwave) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($88.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $594.39
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-08 20:35 EST-0500

This. If you need to save some cash the SSD isn't required to run games, just makes the PC boot faster and run slightly faster.

My friend is looking to buy a PC that he can play games like TF2 with at least 60 FPS for probably $600 maximum, or a little bit over. It would be nice if you can dumb down some stuff because me and him aren't the greatest with computers lol. He also prefers to buy a pre-built computer, any help is appreciated, thanks.

Dude, no need to spend that much money. I have a 2nd gen intel core i3 at 3.30 ghz, 4 gb ram and even with the integrated video card is enough. With this specs, i can run my tf2 at 60 - 120 fps

Archived