Don't update unusual prices without (recent) sales.

∞Ramses

If there are no recent sales and only offers bellow high end doesn't it imply a deminishing demand?

yeah i agree. but to a certain degree. if the hat has been up for ~3-4 months and havent pulled the offers of the current range. then it would be totally fine to do the suggestion. obviously people dont want to offer what he wants.

however if its 1:1 without a price, no. then it needs to sell atleast once.

So I shouldn't have closed my suggestion, then.

i dont think so no. if the offers are recent, then you're just confirming the price

yeah i agree. but to a certain degree. if the hat has been up for ~3-4 months and havent pulled the offers of the current range. then it would be totally fine to do the suggestion. obviously people dont want to offer what he wants.

however if its 1:1 without a price, no. then it needs to sell atleast once.

Certainly.

I'm in these a case would say : that the seller can itself lower the price and sell the hat , if it is not sold at a high price, but you can not reduce the site price of a hat if the seller does not lower the price on it and does not sell at a lower price .

sFohkV4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If there are no recent sales and only offers bellow high end doesn't it imply a deminishing demand?

No. Many hats are just plain difficult to sell. Examples would be like expensive engie hats (beams VRH) or God tier hats.  The demand might be low but the values doesn't diminish.

Ferrari only sells a few thousand cars a year. Does that make them worth less?

No. Many hats are just plain difficult to sell. Examples would be like expensive engie hats (beams VRH) or God tier hats. The demand might be low but the values doesn't diminish.

Ferrari only sells a few thousand cars a year. Does that make them worth less?

The ferrari example is not comparable for many reasons. If a hat is priced correctly it shoukd not take ling to sell, period. Remember, the guy whi wants a rare hat has been looking before it was posted. If taste changes, even previously valuable hats could lose out.

The ferrari example is not comparable for many reasons. If a hat is priced correctly it shoukd not take ling to sell, period. Remember, the guy whi wants a rare hat has been looking before it was posted. If taste changes, even previously valuable hats could lose out.

the amount of people who want it and can afford it is low

therefore it takes a long time efore someone finds the thing.

the amount of people who want it and can afford it is low

therefore it takes a long time efore someone finds the thing.

It is possible for previously valuable hats to lose favor you know.  If a hat is priced right it will go.

It is possible for previously valuable hats to lose favor you know.  If a hat is priced right it will go.

they are priced with less proof then cancer hats

because there is less sold to be found.

Wrong. The demand for some hats is very low regardless of the price.  You can put no B/O on some hats and you still won't get any offers b/c no one is looking for that hat.

Your lack of understanding of this concept indicates your inexperience.

I think you don't remember Mr.Button having his Burning TC for sale for several months without any decent offers. Then Tacos came out of nowhere and offered 115 buds. Your logic may be right but it can't be applied to higher tiers,  especially if the seller wants only offers in pure since far not everyone has 30+ buds collecting dust in their backpack.

Edit: after looking through your bp history, I'll have to ask you to stop trying to prove your point regarding items worth 30+ buds. No offence but it's not how it works in this case.

I think you don't remember Mr.Button having his Burning TC for sale for several months without any decent offers. Then Tacos came out of nowhere and offered 115 buds. Your logic may be right but it can't be applied to higher tiers, especially if the seller wants only offers in pure since far not everyone has 30+ buds collecting dust in their backpack.

Edit: after looking through your bp history, I'll have to ask you to stop trying to prove your point regarding items worth 30+ buds. No offence but it's not how it works in this case.

Yeah, I don't remember that historic honered day because I was either not trading then or didn't care.

How does someonw swoop in out of no where with 115 buds to buy a hat. They don't wake up one morning and decide that, unlike the previous day, they do actual want that massively priced hat. They wanted it or ine like it forsome time and waited until the right moment to get it. U refer to this idea of a decent offer. How can u know this. I can just as easily summize that fewer people felt the hat was worth that amount.

Yes I do take some offense at ur suggestion. A lack of expierience or acclimation to traditional practice does not have a effect on a public discusion of something. You should understand the negative results that come from not questioning expierience and traditional thinking.

Archived