Will creepy crates expire?

cranwell96

Your opinion?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Will they expire?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Will they drop halloween unusuals(if they remain)?

• yes
    • no
  3. 3. Will opening be holiday restricted(if they remain)?

• yes
    • no

Bc8DLui.png

As of now, they have no expiration date so there's a small chance they'll be sticking around.

If they don't expire, their regular drops will be worthless. Although, the chance at a halloween unusual / strangifier will make them fairly expensive.

I wouldn't risk to keep 100 of those though cause if they do expire that is a big loss.

but if the last year spooky crates didn't I don't see how those are any different.

the bad also weird is that those are not marketable for a reason.but I cant see why yet.

Seems like the most likely thing that will happen is that they will either turn into a different crate series, or pull a late summer crate and stick around in people's inventories but only take up space.  

• Administrators

Seems like the most likely thing that will happen is that they will either turn into a different crate series, or pull a late summer crate and stick around in people's inventories but only take up space.  

I have never seen any crate turning into a different crate when they expire. The thing you mentioned only happens to event keys.

• Administrators

This is the first time Valve did something like this to Tf2 (The crate itself being a key, meaning no keys required), so its hard to say what will happen. However, Valve always mentions if a crate will be unboxable or will expire after the event. Since I don't see any warning or any sort of that stuff on this crate, my absolute thought on this will be that this can still be opened after the event, since no warning signs are given.

there is absolutely no possibility for valve to remove something from your bp and replace it with something random

if it was to be expired it would be on the notes

if it was to be replaced it would be on the notes

but the notes say clearly that you can only buy them during halloween

but you can use them whenever you want full moons or halloween.

• Administrators

This is the first time Valve did something like this to Tf2 (The crate itself being a key, meaning no keys required), so its hard to say what will happen. However, Valve always mentions if a crate will be unboxable or will expire after the event. Since I don't see any warning or any sort of that stuff on this crate, my absolute thought on this will be that this can still be opened after the event, since no warning signs are given.

there is absolutely no possibility for valve to remove something from your bp and replace it with something random

Yes, basically what Gr said. If it was to be expired, Valve would have definitely thrown a note saying that, as they always have on other crates and keys.

Glitched circuit board was from valve removing an item from people's bps and replacing it with the circuit board. Although I highly doubt anything will happen to these crates

My guess is that it will be removed from mann co, but it will still be open able after halloween, although you won't get halloween unusual effects.

But who wants to open a full moon restricted crate and not use whatever you find?

Glitched circuit board was from valve removing an item from people's bps and replacing it with the circuit board. Although I highly doubt anything will happen to these crates

Wasn't the item they were removing something people weren't supposed to have?

the circuit board was given more like a sorry guys we fucked up.here have this rare shit and sell it on market in a while it will worth a hand and a leg.

My guess is that it will be removed from mann co, but it will still be open able after halloween, although you won't get halloween unusual effects.

But who wants to open a full moon restricted crate and not use whatever you find?

there is not only the halloween restricted items that worth to find in this crates.

some strangifiers already worth more than a lot of unusuals.

not talking about the pro HHHH kit witch is worth as much as 3 unusualas allready.

hoarding them crates for future unboxes sounds like a plan.but yeah the rate of finding those tools is extremely low: 4 out of 200 crates its something like 2% or so.

It doesn't make sense for them to expire though. Event keys don't expire, they just revert to normal keys. Lot of the event crates stay around, etc

If anything happens to them, you'd expect the crate to revert to a "normal" crate or not spew out Halloween items anymore, not to completely expire. That would be a massive unneeded shitstorm for them

• 3 weeks later...

FYI... rather than speculate, ponder and guess... I sent an e-mail to Valve via the TF2 web site.  Here's the info I received:

"The Creepy Crates contents are listed as is. So to answer your questions, yes they still contain the contents listed for that specific class and yes they will continue to have a chance to contain a Halloween-themed Unusual."

FYI... rather than speculate, ponder and guess... I sent an e-mail to Valve via the TF2 web site.  Here's the info I received:

"The Creepy Crates contents are listed as is. So to answer your questions, yes they still contain the contents listed for that specific class and yes they will continue to have a chance to contain a Halloween-themed Unusual."

So you now have a chance to unbox Halloween effects at any given time, not just on full moons and halloween?  Hmm.....

Well seeing as they're gone now and no halloween effects have been unboxed since the end of the event, I believe you are spewing bullshit Sir.

Well seeing as they're gone now and no halloween effects have been unboxed since the end of the event, I believe you are spewing bullshit Sir.

Most people won't waste 3-4keys per crate unboxing. It's going to take a long time to prove they can't be unboxed.

And the people that will buy the crates off the SCM probably haven't set their inventories to public.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived