Xbox 360 VS PS3

Sheep

Yeah i know, PC mustard race, but if you couldn't play games on a PC for some odd reason then which one would you choose?

Xbox 360 all the way for me.

Please try and keep it calm.

I've personally owned both, and am a large multiplayer buff.  Just a few key points for each in my book.

Xbox360:

- The ability to party chat. (Ability to voice chat without having to be in a special menu, or in the exact same game as the other player.)  This was a very sad moment for me when I found out that the PS3 could not do this.

- All those awesome indie games

PS3:

- You're not required to pay for online services. Unless the pre-owned game that you purchase requires a code and you do not get one, though gamestop gives you a fresh code on the receipt now (might not be for all games, but with the past few it's been that way.)

- If you do pay for the subscription, you get free games every month.  (Yes, you may not have the harddrive space, but as long as you attempt to download it, you own it for as long as you have PS+)  The downside to this is that you will no longer own these games when your playstation plus subscription ends, unless you renew ofcourse.

- All those awesome PS1 & PS2 games (I love me some Pandemonium, Spyro, Ratchet & Clank, etc)

Can't say I have a "side", but I am very much enjoying my PS3 :wub:

Fun fact: I played the Xbox360 version of Team Fortress 2 for 5 months straight before moving to the PC version. (The only reason I changed to the PC version is they stopped making The Orange Box disc, and mine was played enough to have heat cracks, and could only be played when I had it downloaded to my harddrive..Yes, I played that much.)  Before that, I had never played a KB+M FPS.  I hated PC TF2 for so long, but now I wouldn't be able to play console TF2 because of the lack of epic sexy items.

Choosing one over the other is like going into McDonald's and saying you're better than the people eating there because you eat KFC instead.

Gran Turismo, Uncharted, MGS, God of War, LittleBigPlanet, MAG, Motorstorm, Resisitance, Killzone, Infamous and so on. I don't remember any Xbox exclusive worth mentioning except Halo. PS3 wins hands down for me.

--Controller (Much MUCH better) 

--More friends play it 

PS3

--Free Online

--Better Players

Type of Player from what i've noticed (in COD anyway)...

--PS3, players are either average or amazing (90% decent, 5% amazing, 5% crap) 

--360, players are either crap or l33t (80% crap, 10% decent, 10% amazing) 

Conclusion: PS3 with XCM adapter (allows 360 remote to be used without any modification) 

I prefer the 360. Don't get me wrong the PS3 has its upsides like the free online and some good exclusives. But I prefer the controller and more of the 360s exclusives. Plus its cheaper and I have more friends that own a 360 compared to the PS3.

I have a PS1 and an XBOX (old one).

The Xbox was fun, never tried the PS1.

Conclusion: I should stop rhyming with "un"

Edit: wow some CoD for ps3 ad is up there.

Yeah that is the console I played the most. All Pokémon games available for it several times. <3

• 4 weeks later...

neogeo1.jpg

NeoGeo will still be the best console for me. KoF and Samurai Shodown. <3

However, of the two mentioned.

360 controller > Dual Shock

Bluray/DVD player > DVD Player/HDDVD Addon

PS3 graphics > 360 graphics

Gears of War > God of War

Free internet > Pay for access internet

PS3 Exclusives > 360 Exclusives 

Most of my friends and family all have PS3 few have 360

Vote goes to PS3.

EDIT: As far as pokemon goes, i still boot up my hacked PSP and play all the old school gameboy versions.

Archived