Unusuals

F  CHARLIE

Tbh, i'd expect halloween effects to go up leading up to halloween, but then drop as people will shortly be unboxing more halloween effects

Well, i have a lantern toque.  We shall see but that makes sense.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, i have a lantern toque.  We shall see but that makes sense.

I mean, i'd love to be wrong, maybe valve won't re release old effects, but dunno...

No, Crates 1-30 ONLY unboxed original effects. In comparison crates 31-60 unbox all effects (not sure about 2013 effects, but i'd assume only #71-->can get 2013 effects). 

The userbase was a lot smaller when crates 1-30 were in circulation leading to far fewer unboxes. 

#61+ --> 2013 effects afaik.

Also I would like to see halloween effects dropping. :D

I mean, i'd love to be wrong, maybe valve won't re release old effects, but dunno...

What's amazing is that if they release new holloween effects this year (they will) it would mean that the volume of effects will have almost doubled the number of effects in one year. That should be very scary if you consider what they will do next year. I think they should back and release very few next year and instead focus on the game. Introducing new maps, gameplay and trying to insure that side of the equasion stays strong. I actually like the two new maps and will play them more but I can't always find a server that us running the board I want to play on. A lot of severs are running the common maps. I have had problems finding a nucleus map at times. There are a ton of maps and you should be able to play them at any time. They should also include more maps in highlander in order to promote them.

I also have a lantern blokes now. I need to turn these two halloween effect hats into one, in demand hat, that will yield strong pure.

After trading in several higher priced hats I have determined that most if not all higher priced hats are overpriced.  I began to refer to it as "legacy" pricing.  It comes from what Blind Polar Bear is trying to stop; hype pricing.

Example:  http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51f2582d4bd7b8cc0b000004

I can tell you for certain that this hat won't get that price.  A friend did something similar with the terrorwatt version making it overpriced also.  What is now happening with these hats is that guys are getting them and finding that don't trade for that price and quicksell them or trade for another hat banking on the next person referring to the bp.tf price.  On and on the hat goes until a sale of it is made public so that someone can do a new price suggestion.  Note, there are so many hats that transact in servers or from private adds it is hard to know when many hats are moved and for how much.

The idea of "legacy" price is that many hats have a very high price that takes a really long time to come down to market demand levels.  Look at some of the towering all classes.  So many are out of date because sellers refuse to recognize that all-class has limited value.  That hat still has to be liked and as many are craft hat priced it is clear they are not preferred.

• 4 weeks later...

I do not see a single hat that I would ever pay list for although I was interested in the terrorwatt/killawatt rack but the seller was asking too much for it and it took a long time for him to sell what was actually a mid lvl hat and not well received effect. I have 2 hats I like but noth were qyickbuys and I am still trying to sell them. The PE Berliners I don't care for. I acquired that in trade thinking it had solid desirability. The only bids I have are free upgraders.

The PE Berliners I don't care for. I acquired that in trade thinking it had solid desirability. The only bids I have are free upgraders.

Berliners has shit demand for some reason.....its really not a bad looking hat :/ 

It just feels as if there are way too many Unusual traders and no "homes" for many hats.  I was offered 2 buds a select crate and 2 keys for it.  Didn't take as I am concerned about buds and being able to use them during the Halloween event to pick up a hat for resell.  Should I have taken it?  Btw, how do I prep for Halloween?  My goal is to get a new effect hat for "x" and sell for more.  Didn't work during robo or summer so...

It just feels as if there are way too many Unusual traders and no "homes" for many hats.  I was offered 2 buds a select crate and 2 keys for it.  Didn't take as I am concerned about buds and being able to use them during the Halloween event to pick up a hat for resell.  Should I have taken it?  Btw, how do I prep for Halloween?  My goal is to get a new effect hat for "x" and sell for more.  Didn't work during robo or summer so...

called sharkin m8

What's amazing is that if they release new holloween effects this year (they will) it would mean that the volume of effects will have almost doubled the number of effects in one year. That should be very scary if you consider what they will do next year. I think they should back and release very few next year and instead focus on the game. Introducing new maps, gameplay and trying to insure that side of the equasion stays strong. I actually like the two new maps and will play them more but I can't always find a server that us running the board I want to play on. A lot of severs are running the common maps. I have had problems finding a nucleus map at times. There are a ton of maps and you should be able to play them at any time. They should also include more maps in highlander in order to promote them.

I also have a lantern blokes now. I need to turn these two halloween effect hats into one, in demand hat, that will yield strong pure.

I agree. Adding gameplay content is the thing that will introduce more people into the game and overall making the game vibrant. A lot of new people joined TF2 because of MvM. We need another MvM type gamemode.

Unless Valve adds something to get more users for tf2, tradings gonna hit a wall shortly....

There are so many hats, and only so many people who want each that eventually, everyone is going to have everything they want and they're won't be a reason to trade. Unfortunately adding new hats/effects doesn't really solve this problem it just pushes it off a little bit. 

called sharkin m8

I know, I can't do that tho.  Not in my character.  Ill have to stick to quickbuying as soon as the event starts.

I agree. Adding gameplay content is the thing that will introduce more people into the game and overall making the game vibrant. A lot of new people joined TF2 because of MvM. We need another MvM type gamemode.

I don't think they will tho.  It is a lot of work and as I said it is already hard enough to find all the maps one can currently play on.  Diversity is out there but all I see is piles of dustbowl, harvest.  Regardless, it will be hard for them to invest in this game with new modes again although I hated that they made MvM a pay for play when I am already paying for the game.  I only played it once.

Unless Valve adds something to get more users for tf2, tradings gonna hit a wall shortly....

There are so many hats, and only so many people who want each that eventually, everyone is going to have everything they want and they're won't be a reason to trade. Unfortunately adding new hats/effects doesn't really solve this problem it just pushes it off a little bit. 

Exactly,  I don't think it can grow tho.  Sad

Exactly,  I don't think it can grow tho.  Sad

inb4

TF2 Zombies 

TF2 MVM-Survival 

TF2 Search and Destroy

TF2 w/ spells 

New classes

3rd Misc Slot

trading/ economic activity has slowed down because there isnt enough currency/ money supply to support the many new high value assets/ items. The economy is trying to expand but it lacks support. like irl more money is printed to support the economy.

Archived