Unusuals

F  CHARLIE

I hav, up till now, quickbought baby unusuals for flipping. It has gone well but I have noticed a major slowing in sales recently. Whats the history on this? Sadly, why can't I get what I want of my Terrorwatt Heavy Rag?

I cant get get offers when my b/o is based off a previous offer.

robo effects and new effects cannot be seem due to outpost, so no one but quickbuyers are interested.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im a newbie in unusuals, i have never paid 3 buds for a single item.  So i dont really have the knowledge on expensive unsuals, i.e. how much it will get despite what bp.tf says, how to value dear unusuals offers... Perhaps i have been asking for a big margin on those dear ones... i need some help. i also need to restructure my bp.

im a newbie in unusuals, i have never paid 3 buds for a single item.  So i dont really have the knowledge on expensive unsuals, i.e. how much it will get despite what bp.tf says, how to value dear unusuals offers... Perhaps i have been asking for a big margin on those dear ones... i need some help. i also need to restructure my bp.

Start with small unusuals. Quickbuy them. Hard to get pure for big ones.

I hav, up till now, quickbought baby unusuals for flipping. It has gone well but I have noticed a major slowing in sales recently. Whats the history on this? Sadly, why can't I get what I want of my Terrorwatt Heavy Rag?

Don't quick sell. Go on steam community market and look for Great unsual deals. Ey come once a month. Got a sunbeams big elfin deal for 120 dollars and sold it for 200 dollars. And most importantly be patient

Don't quick sell. Go on steam community market and look for Great unsual deals. Ey come once a month. Got a sunbeams big elfin deal for 120 dollars and sold it for 200 dollars. And most importantly be patient

Must hijackers dump their hats there though.

how do they get the money out of the system

They use steam cash to buy keys, games or whatever, and paypal sell those.

• 4 weeks later...

I just want to see if how things are going in the market. I am calling this current period a summer lull. Sales and action has really slowed. I closed my buy offers. Way too many people wanting to sell and no one buying. Well there is always too many selling it seems. Thoughts.

Also, is it time to plan for holloween?

I wouldn't buy any Halloween unusuals now, they're rare until the imminent mass unboxing spree that will start on Oct 31st. I've been checking trade.tf for decent low tier quicksells and have so far been able to sell 2 of the 5 I have bought for more in pure. Currently have 2 low tier Fettis, a Planets Grimm Hatte and a TF Logo Toe (soon to be sold).

I wouldn't buy any Halloween unusuals now, they're rare until the imminent mass unboxing spree that will start on Oct 31st. I've been checking trade.tf for decent low tier quicksells and have so far been able to sell 2 of the 5 I have bought for more in pure. Currently have 2 low tier Fettis, a Planets Grimm Hatte and a TF Logo Toe (soon to be sold).

I have sold every hat so far for profit but now have 5 hats that r not moving. One of which appears to have been a bad move where I will take a loss. I have droped the price on all of them but am still not getting action.

I have sold every hat so far for profit but now have 5 hats that r not moving. One of which appears to have been a bad move where I will take a loss. I have droped the price on all of them but am still not getting action.

Low tier unusuals with old effects are the best unusuals to buy, they sell quicker than any others. I got a 17 key offer on a TF Logo Toe within days and a 16 key offer on a Bubbling Robin in under a week.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this topic has come up before but not sure.  I was just reviewing the KE section of the price list and noticed that there are 3 scorching and 26 planets.  Planets are second generation, how are there more of them.  This seems very common to me when looking at a lot of prices.

I think this topic has come up before but not sure.  I was just reviewing the KE section of the price list and noticed that there are 3 scorching and 26 planets.  Planets are second generation, how are there more of them.  This seems very common to me when looking at a lot of prices.

New effects have a higher unbox rate. This isn't new news check out the starter hats as well, they all had the original effects for over a year longer than the new effects, yet the new effects still outweigh the old ones.

New effects have a higher unbox rate. This isn't new news check out the starter hats as well, they all had the original effects for over a year longer than the new effects, yet the new effects still outweigh the old ones.

Base said it was .6 instead of 1%.  So it was well below that before the second generation?

Base said it was .6 instead of 1%.  So it was well below that before the second generation?

No, Crates 1-30 ONLY unboxed original effects. In comparison crates 31-60 unbox all effects (not sure about 2013 effects, but i'd assume only #71-->can get 2013 effects). 

The userbase was a lot smaller when crates 1-30 were in circulation leading to far fewer unboxes. 

I second this.

Guys, its not hard. In December last year my pack was pretty low value. The only thing i had was a crate 40 drop to me that i unboxed into a s huntsman. Some guy tried to shark me out of the crate too. I bought a couple winter keys, unboxed naughty/nice items, sold them and smelted all my weapons down and began reselling stuff making a rec or so each time. Did the same thing with keys. I now have 5 unusuals that I quickbought and am selling.

Guys, its not hard. In December last year my pack was pretty low value. The only thing i had was a crate 40 drop to me that i unboxed into a s huntsman. Some guy tried to shark me out of the crate too. I bought a couple winter keys, unboxed naughty/nice items, sold them and smelted all my weapons down and began reselling stuff making a rec or so each time. Did the same thing with keys. I now have 5 unusuals that I quickbought and am selling.

I never said it was. I do have one now. Just not when I posted that comment months ago. Idk why he necro'ed my very old post

No, Crates 1-30 ONLY unboxed original effects. In comparison crates 31-60 unbox all effects (not sure about 2013 effects, but i'd assume only #71-->can get 2013 effects). 

The userbase was a lot smaller when crates 1-30 were in circulation leading to far fewer unboxes. 

its 1-25 that only unboxes old effects. new effects came with crate 26

I never said it was. I do have one now. Just not when I posted that comment months ago. Idk why he necro'ed my very old post

Because I don't fucking know.

I was commenting on Silent's post and I also meant for anyone else to read.

I just want to see if how things are going in the market. I am calling this current period a summer lull. Sales and action has really slowed. I closed my buy offers. Way too many people wanting to sell and no one buying. Well there is always too many selling it seems. Thoughts.

Also, is it time to plan for holloween?

what plans...

what plans...

Such as making an effort to acquire Halloween effect hats, having more pure on hand hand for quick-buying new Halloween effect hats

Such as making an effort to acquire Halloween effect hats, having more pure on hand hand for quick-buying new Halloween effect hats

Tbh, i'd expect halloween effects to go up leading up to halloween, but then drop as people will shortly be unboxing more halloween effects

Archived