backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

23 hours ago, Antosheek said:

Anyone knows something to do with this? 

My bot works and can't find any errors in my bot's logs.

I dunno, may be relogin in steam in bot might help.

Probably Steam oAuthToken expired, or someting like that.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Nøbødy said:

Does the bot can automatically accept items with specific paint ?

So far I know that he doesnt recognize items with parts.

Bot can accept items havign any paints or strange parts, spells, etc. But, bot can't recognize what parts exactly an item has.

Bot just buys an sell painted or strange items as if it was a regular clean item, no special treatment for customized items.

23 hours ago, Ant said:

Bot can accept items havign any paints or strange parts, spells, etc. But, bot can't recognize what parts exactly an item has.

Bot just buys an sell painted or strange items as if it was a regular clean item, no special treatment for customized items.

That's what I thought, thanks

• 5 months later...

hello,

i have the same problem as Nøbødy , the program succesfully reading trade request, it just won't accept it, because it can't find a matching listing(but the listing is on my account). but me, i can't find a <base 64> in my account.json. i am using the "fixed" version of backpack.tf automatic(the normal version of backpack.tf automatic don't display as user agent), but it wasn't working at the normal version of backpack.tf automatic, so i don't think it change anything

yeah, so visibly the problem was just the token being invalid(it do the same thing after that i reloaded the backpack.tf token) but now the with the good token i am blocked with cloudflare(error 401, but it can't be backpack.tf down because i can acces to backpack.tf), anybody know how to don't have cloudflare?

edit: oh wait no it's just that i'm dumb: i've put the token into identity secret, and not bp.tf token. just need now to see now if it work or not

edit 2: yep, now it's working, i think it was just the backpack.tf token who wasn't working

edit 3 : speaked too rapidly, always dosn't working.  oh yeah and i have noticed that sell order good, but the buy orders aren't working

Edited by serzak

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2020 at 12:50 PM, serzak said:

but the buy orders aren't working

Buy orders work for me.

I also had an loging error recentyl, to resolve it I just have removed oAuthToken from accounts.json and logged in Steam via bot. 
I didn't test sell orders, but buy orders should work.

yeah i don't know why they didn't work. but because it didn't worked(and that we can't set a limit of the numbers of items that we take) i am now on tf2-automatic

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have issues with the bot not accepting buy orders on certain items? I set a buy order for a Genuine Firefly, but whenever an offer is received I see the message "No matching listings found for offer, skipping." Sell orders for this item work fine.

I thought maybe there was a problem accepting buy orders for Genuine items, but when I placed a buy order for a Genuine Aperture Labs Hard Hat, the offer went through successfully.

I have a problem were my backpack wont load in. it has been like this for almost 14 day where it just tells me that it was "unable to fetch my backpack" does anyone hacve a solution to this? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I used to use Backpack automatic, but haven't done any trading for a couple of years. I'm thinking of getting back into trading.

What software are people using these days? Is there a version without security holes?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hey, so im trying to install the bot but when i click the automatic.bat file its showing me the 'node' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. error. I restarted my computer several times but it kept showing me the error

• 8 months later...

Hi, i have questions, im new on this bot, i dont understand somethings;

-Can this cause me to get a VAC ban?

-Is it dangerous or not recomended to install this on my main account? (the one I use for other games and more personal stuff).

-Can other people scam me and lose profits or can I only earn them? 

-Will I have any kind of punishment if I do so?

-If I try to do this on a NEW secondary account what happens to the Steam Guard confirmations?

-Does putting my account and password mean that someone will be able to get into my account and modify things?

-IS IT SAFE?

Sorry for putting so many questions but I'm not sure about doing this, I want to make profit in trades in tf2, but I don't have so much time to look for good deals, I will be attentive to the answers, in advance thank you very much.

9 hours ago, λGhostSlayerλ said:

Hi, i have questions, im new on this bot, i dont understand somethings;

-Can this cause me to get a VAC ban?
- VAC is valve Anti Cheat, so no - it is only applied on profiles that are using hacks

-Is it dangerous or not recommended to install this on my main account? (the one I use for other games and more personal stuff).
- I have previously used it on my main account, (this is heavily outdated though, do not use on any account unless you can update it)

-Can other people scam me and lose profits or can I only earn them? 

- Depends on if you use the old software, it messes up trade accepting etc, (if i remember right the old version wasnt able to recognize australiums)

-Will I have any kind of punishment if I do so?

- No

-If I try to do this on a NEW secondary account what happens to the Steam Guard confirmations?

- You need steam desktop authenticator to use this

-Does putting my account and password mean that someone will be able to get into my account and modify things?

-IS IT SAFE?

Just Dont use the old version, this was not developed or supported after a certain point. 

Sorry for putting so many questions but I'm not sure about doing this, I want to make profit in trades in tf2, but I don't have so much time to look for good deals, I will be attentive to the answers, in advance thank you very much.

Answers to your questions in bold.

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much! where can I get the updated software? also I apologize for my bad English, I am Latin American.

• 1 year later...

Hello!

I have noticed next.backpack.tf have festivized filter (and some other useful) but calls look pretty different compared to older version.

Question is: is there new version of API? If so how to use it/maybe some docs exist? If no - how may I search classified with festivized filter with old API? 

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hello. As you know, Steam recently change authentication mechanism. So, my old free version of "backpack.tf automatic" does not work anymore. Can anyone help with this? How to fix the script, add a new authorization method to it? Or maybe you know where do I can download the new version?

1 hour ago, Impressive said:

Hello. As you know, Steam recently change authentication mechanism. So, my old free version of "backpack.tf automatic" does not work anymore. Can anyone help with this? How to fix the script, add a new authorization method to it? Or maybe you know where do I can download the new version?

https://backpack.tf/classifieds/agents

You're SOL for a new version and probably will have to fix it yourself. Unless someone else has a maintained fork'd repo somewhere that is actively working on it.

🖕to steam for how much shit their login changes are breaking.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 4:54 PM, serzak said:

hello,

i have the same problem as Nøbødy , the program succesfully reading trade request, it just won't accept it, because it can't find a matching listing(but the listing is on my account). but me, i can't find a <base 64> in my account.json. i am using the "fixed" version of backpack.tf automatic(the normal version of backpack.tf automatic don't display as user agent), but it wasn't working at the normal version of backpack.tf automatic, so i don't think it change anything

I am interested in

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, verum said:

So, it doesn't work right, it wasnt only me ?

The original project has not been supported in years so unsurprisingly it's not going to work.