Brad Pitt

backpack.tf automatic help thread

Ant
23 hours ago, Suͫpͤrͫeͤme said:

I also  get this pretty often. Not sure if it has anything to do with that other problem

It's pretty normal and I think it's doesn't break the bot at all.

Too many requests code means that clients (trading bot in our case) should wait some time and retry their request later.

It's looks like bot just makes too many requests, may be increasing a request retry timeout may fix the issue.

Bank Bot Bob  trade.tf

How to fix node:1621 UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection (rejection id : ) : Errpr HTTP error 401

Ant

If someone need a "working" version of automatic bot, I mantain code of backpakc.tf bot for myself.

I use word quotes around work "working" because the bot still has lots of critical bugs.

But you understand and accept risks of using such a bugged bot, than you can download it from my automatic fork

PLS MUTE ME
On 1/3/2018 at 2:09 AM, A Delicious Cashew said:

On 1/1/2018 at 3:22 AM, A Delicious Cashew said:

The way I fixed buy order support, autobumping, and showing the lightning bolt for my bot required these steps:
- In the heartbeat function in backpacktf.js, change the path to automatic/v1/pulse. Set buy_orders to "true" in the parameters. Get rid of the version, steamID, and method parameters as well. Change to these two highlighted linesAIddLf9.png

- In the postJSON function in utils.js, return axios.post() instead of axios.get(). Also change to these two highlighted lines.BaycEEW.png

IAutomatic/IHeartbeat is basically dead, so don't use that anymore

What you meant by change the path, where can I find the path?? please respond and please send me screenshot of the path

PLS MUTE ME
On 1/3/2018 at 2:09 AM, A Delicious Cashew said:

I haven't tried anything with the new tokens, and I would be surprised if that was the issue, but I guess it's possible. Maybe try JRichi's code since it looks like he got it to work with the long tokens

what you meant by the path? please reply and send me screenshot where I can find it, i did everything except that and still no lightning

PLS MUTE ME
On 9/11/2018 at 7:21 PM, Ant said:

If someone need a "working" version of automatic bot, I mantain code of backpakc.tf bot for myself.

I use word quotes around work "working" because the bot still has lots of critical bugs.

But you understand and accept risks of using such a bugged bot, than you can download it from my automatic fork

dude thats not working?

A Delicious Cashew
On 5/15/2018 at 12:06 AM, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

Attn: "Fixed" versions of automatic may put you at risk, and it highly advisable that you do not use automatic if you don't know what you're doing.

20 hours ago, PLS MUTE ME said:

What you meant by change the path, where can I find the path?? please respond and please send me screenshot of the path

« SɱokEy »

This thread should be locked off. I mean automatic its fully losing support soon.

SvicidalBug

Hi all, I've been using the "fixed" fork of backpack.tf automatic by ThePoot for ~5 months but today I'm seeing the error "warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (Request failed with status code 500; backpack.tf may be down, or you are captcha'd by Cloudflare (only if you experience this problem with other sites).), trying again in 1 minute". I usually see this error when backpack.tf is down, but obviously this is not the case. I still have the lightning bolt icon but when sent a trade nothing happens. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks

Zeus_Junior
1 hour ago, SvicidalBug said:

Hi all, I've been using the "fixed" fork of backpack.tf automatic by ThePoot for ~5 months but today I'm seeing the error "warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (Request failed with status code 500; backpack.tf may be down, or you are captcha'd by Cloudflare (only if you experience this problem with other sites).), trying again in 1 minute". I usually see this error when backpack.tf is down, but obviously this is not the case. I still have the lightning bolt icon but when sent a trade nothing happens. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks

Backpack.tf has just released an update to classifieds. This is most likely whats causing all trade bots / programs to fail.

The developer is working on any bugs that are found. If you have any to report please join the discord and tell us in the #site-discussion channel https://discord.gg/j7cMkGF

SvicidalBug
On 10/28/2018 at 3:02 PM, Zeus_Junior said:

Backpack.tf has just released an update to classifieds. This is most likely whats causing all trade bots / programs to fail.

The developer is working on any bugs that are found. If you have any to report please join the discord and tell us in the #site-discussion channel https://discord.gg/j7cMkGF

This must have been it. Automatic is able to connect to backpack.tf and respond to sell orders, but now gives the no matching listing error when sent a buy order offer. I noticed many other bots don't have buy order listings anymore, so I'm going to wait it out

Edit 10/31/18: All seems to be functioning normally now.

Don Martin
On 8/30/2018 at 12:11 PM, Bank Bot Bob trade.tf said:

How to fix node:1621 UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection (rejection id : ) : Errpr HTTP error 401

Same problem. Has someone solved this problem?

FIX! 

BankingBot

any current working version of the bot?

Ant
On 7/3/2019 at 11:48 AM, BankingBot said:

any current working version of the bot?

I maintain one for myself.

You can grab last build here https://bitbucket.org/savethejungle/backpack.tf-automatic/downloads/

Couple minor bugs were fixed, but mostly it's original bot with lot's of serious bugs, use it at your own risk.

No warranties whatsoever.

And check last commits or even download the source code and build it yourself.

Cause, you know, using builds from some guy in the internet may be dangerous for your TF2 backpack. I hope you understand that.

BankingBot

someone says your bot isnt working from a link above, i might try out another guy's one from a few pages before

Mar

Is this the way to get your inventory to appear so you can start trading with it?

Nøbødy

[FIXED]

I did everything but when it ask for my backpack.tf token, I get this warning message :

"warn: Invalid backpack.tf token: THIS SOFTWARE IS DEPRECATED AND WE DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR IT.
                The backpack.tf automatic client has severe vulnerabilities and can be exploited, resulting in you losing items.
                If you know what you are doing and are managing a fork of this software that does not have the vulnerabilities of the official client,
                add a POST field of i_understand_the_risks set to true."

What should I do ?

P.S : I found out that I needed to download a fixed version, I downloaded it but node was missing so I took it from the 1.3.0 version, and now I have this warning message since 4 minutes

"warn: Error  occurred contacting backpack.tf (Request failed with status code 401; backpack.tf may be down, or you are captcha'd by Cloudflare (only if you experience this problem on other sites).), trying again in 1 minute"

I also tried to update the node with https://nodejs.org/en/download/ but I still have the same problem.

P.S : I downloaded this one https://github.com/mninc/automatic-v2 did everything but when it says that :

"Please enter your steam guard one time code."

It doesn't matter what I write it always end up crashing.

P.S : I downloaded this  https://bitbucket.org/savethejungle/backpack.tf-automatic/downloads/ from Ant and it seems to work, but for my identity secret I downloaded and rooted BlueStack but I didn't found anything in  /data/data/com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community/files/ [using Root Browser] I should have found that /Steam-(Your Steam64 ID) but I didn't, any suggestions ?

P.S : I deleted Steam Guard from my phone and added it on my (BlueStack) Steam then I found the file in /data/data/com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community/files/ [using Root Browser] and copy/pasted the identity secret in automatic.py, now it seems to work.

Edited by Nøbødy

Zeus_Junior
On 9/29/2019 at 12:50 PM, Nøbødy said:

"warn: Invalid backpack.tf token: THIS SOFTWARE IS DEPRECATED AND WE DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR IT.
                The backpack.tf automatic client has severe vulnerabilities and can be exploited, resulting in you losing items.

This should tell you enough