backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

<---- stupid asf person who doesn't know what to do (fixed) so how do i get rid of i_understand_the_risk = true (ik i fucking suck at automatic)

On 4/29/2018 at 2:27 AM, GKPeng said:

<---- stupid asf person who doesn't know what to do (fixed) so how do i get rid of i_understand_the_risk = true (ik i fucking suck at automatic)

Go to page 82 and download the latest version.

23 hours ago, De Boz Mann said:

Go to page 82 and download the latest version.

What? Latest vesion? O_o Maybe fork(to which there is no trust)?

20 hours ago, Don Martin said:

What? Latest vesion? O_o Maybe fork(to which there is no trust)?

If you don't trust it yet you want help then learn to code it by yourself. However, it is sitting right in front of you to use and I have used it; it is safe.

On 4/23/2018 at 7:32 AM, Don Martin said:

We would like to see the history of the change in the source code. Without this there is no trust. It is also not right to upload archives to this site. He is not meant for this.

my problem is if i dont have it in an archive i can't have all the apps/node_modules. i did try it once. but the problem was that github said i needed less that 100 files.

check

https://github.com/ThePoot/Backpack.tf-automatic-all-fixes-are-in-this/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

yes it would be nice to see what is changed. 

i only add community suggested fixes, im not very good at coding. even just following their directions im having trouble

so because of that recent bot.tf drama i decided to add 15 keys check on bot but i cant really decide how to handle potential trades with refined

my usual code is:

if (theirs.keys >= 15) {
  offer.log("info", `received from ${offer.partner64()} is higher than safe limit, skipping.`);
  offer.logDetails("info");
        return false;
    }

aGDz6U9.png

put below if (!metalOk || !keysOk) checks in backpacktf.js

what else could be done to kinda automate those scammer checks?

Can someone help, for some reason there is no bolt symbol on my Sell Orders, http://prntscr.com/jeywj3, but the bot is running and has been for the past 10 minutes, how can I change this

Thanks

Edit : had to wait 11 minutes, it works now, story of my life :/

• Haha 2

On 04.05.2018 at 4:03 PM, De Boz Mann said:

If you don't trust it yet you want help then learn to code it by yourself. However, it is sitting right in front of you to use and I have used it; it is safe.

I made all the corrections myself, and also added useful functions.

On 05.05.2018 at 4:58 AM, Poot said:

my problem is if i dont have it in an archive i can't have all the apps/node_modules. i did try it once. but the problem was that github said i needed less that 100 files.

check

https://github.com/ThePoot/Backpack.tf-automatic-all-fixes-are-in-this/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

yes it would be nice to see what is changed. 

i only add community suggested fixes, im not very good at coding. even just following their directions im having trouble

Do not add a folder node_modules. To install the modules it will be enough to execute one command in root folder: npm install 

On 06.05.2018 at 7:24 PM, rafiozol said:

so because of that recent bot.tf drama i decided to add 15 keys check on bot but i cant really decide how to handle potential trades with refined

my usual code is:

put below if (!metalOk || !keysOk) checks in backpacktf.js

what else could be done to kinda automate those scammer checks?

I probably missed something. What is the drama with bot.tf?

8 hours ago, Don Martin said:

I probably missed something. What is the drama with bot.tf?

TL;DR: they banned the biggest bot.tf bot for trading with obvious alts of scammers

What automatic should I run? I notice bp.tf has officially removed theirs and installing it yields errors when run. I also read that one of their recent versions had a huge vulnerability where others could literally take your entire backpack. I'm also afraid of giving away my steamguard code to the program when ran.

Does anyone know a stable, safe version? 

1 hour ago, Toad said:

What automatic should I run? I notice bp.tf has officially removed theirs and installing it yields errors when run. I also read that one of their recent versions had a huge vulnerability where others could literally take your entire backpack. I'm also afraid of giving away my steamguard code to the program when ran.

Does anyone know a stable, safe version? 

There are no such versions. All of them are vulnerable :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, Don Martin said:

There are no such versions. All of them are vulnerable :rolleyes:

Oh geez, I mean, so many high value traders are still using it though? And do you know what version they use?

36 minutes ago, Toad said:

Oh geez, I mean, so many high value traders are still using it though? And do you know what version they use?

They use a different service

if you are wondering where to fix backpack.tf automatic you can do it by downloading the zip with all the fixes.

Get a FIXED backpack.tf automatic here -> https://github.com/ThePoot/Backpack.tf-automatic-v1.3.3--all--fixes-are-in-this

with all the latest fixes

Latest fixes include

-1.3.4- (1). updated metal counting!

-1.3.4- (2). updated message saying you understand the risks. meaning you can still use bp.tf automatic

-1.3.5 -(3). LIGHTNING BOLT! The lightning bolt is fixed, meaning your trades now contain the power of zeus himself!

-1.3.5- (4). Fixed bumping for premium members

•  

• Administrators

Attn: "Fixed" versions of automatic may put you at risk, and it highly advisable that you do not use automatic if you don't know what you're doing.

I mean, does automatic do the mobile confirmation as well? If the above linked "fixed" automatic simply sends it to mobile for you to manually confirm, all should be good, no?

Hello. I get some errors today. How to fix it?

warn: Cannot get trade offer count: write EPROTO 20116:error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number:openssl\ssl\record\ssl3_record.c:252:

• 1 month later...

image.png.8ccfb3abac906e780f0b13b4c51ba684.png

I get this whenever i try to confirm a trade, How do i fix it? 

EDIT: It was the time zone that caused that. 

On 5/15/2018 at 12:23 AM, Poot said:

if you are wondering where to fix backpack.tf automatic you can do it by downloading the zip with all the fixes.

Get a FIXED backpack.tf automatic here -> https://github.com/ThePoot/Backpack.tf-automatic-v1.3.3--all--fixes-are-in-this

with all the latest fixes

Latest fixes include

-1.3.4- (1). updated metal counting!

-1.3.4- (2). updated message saying you understand the risks. meaning you can still use bp.tf automatic

-1.3.5 -(3). LIGHTNING BOLT! The lightning bolt is fixed, meaning your trades now contain the power of zeus himself!

-1.3.5- (4). Fixed bumping for premium members

•  

Any fix for that issue?