backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

Just now, Poot said:

Actually i may have figured it out.

Don't worry about uploading, it doesn't take long to unzip.

Since its a new page might as well update new people why may be wondering whats going on

Hello everyone. if you are wondering where to fix backpack.tf automatic you can do it by downloading the zip with all the fixes.

Get a FIXED backpack.tf automatic here -> https://github.com/ThePoot/Backpack.tf-automatic-v1.3.3--all--fixes-are-in-this

with all the latest fixes

Latest fixes include

-1.3.4- (1). updated metal counting!

-1.3.4- (2). updated message saying you understand the risks. meaning you can still use bp.tf automatic

-1.3.5 -(3). LIGHTNING BOLT! The lightning bolt is fixed, meaning your trades now contain the power of zeus himself!

-1.3.5- (4). Fixed bumping for premium members

• Like 1

On 4/5/2018 at 12:52 PM, De Boz Mann said:

Has anybody found a fix for killstreak items? They seem to always be a bit buggy.

I think someone may be working on it. but it wont be right away.

but im also looking for a fix for automatic. id like to update the one i have up on git hub

Hello everyone!

I want to post and say that ive updated the fixed backpack.tf automatic.

i recently noticed that  i had fixed the metal exchanges but i must have unzipped an older one 

and uploaded that one.

so. i just want to say anyone looking for the fix can just down load the new one i made.

Get a FIXED backpack.tf automatic here -> https://github.com/ThePoot/Backpack.tf-automatic-all-fixes-are-in-this

with all the latest fixes

Latest fixes include

-1.3.4- (1). updated message saying you understand the risks. meaning you can still use bp.tf automatic

-1.3.5 -(2). LIGHTNING BOLT! The lightning bolt is fixed, meaning your trades now contain the power of zeus himself!

-1.3.5- (3). Fixed bumping for premium members

-1.3.6- (4). Updated the metal exchange once more!

ill release another version to fix the 4.01 metal counting.

somthing to do with their metal +.005 and not .01.

just download 1.3.6 again should be fine

https://github.com/ThePoot/Backpack.tf-automatic-all-fixes-are-in-this

if anyone else has the 4.01 bug or any metal counting with an extra .01 then just download the latest one again.

i updated it. thanks for pointing it out!

15 hours ago, Suͫpͤrͫeͤme said:

Australium thing isn't fixed yet im guessing. but why does it say 4.01 ref 

pxQweR.jpg

Yup aussie bug still exist, So does war paint bug

17 hours ago, « SɱokEy » said:

Yup aussie bug still exist, So does war paint bug

Never done war paints so not exactly a problem. But can't we use the old version of automatic that had a working aussi buy order thing. Like way back when you could do it and not get fucked like in my screenshot 

22 minutes ago, Suͫpͤrͫeͤme said:

Never done war paints so not exactly a problem. But can't we use the old version of automatic that had a working aussi buy order thing. Like way back when you could do it and not get fucked like in my screenshot 

You dont need to buy warpaints to get exploited, automatic is not able to differentiate between normal unique/strange weapons or those with warpaints. Like the strange disciplinary action with a skin goes for less than a key while a normal strange disciplinary action is 1.8 keys upwards. Automatic will accept both as a strange disciplinary action. There are a couple of other bugs I dont want to disclose publicly(cos people still use automatic and may get ripped off), but would recommend you stay away from automatic.

Btw the warpaint bug is cos automatic uses defindexes to differentiate between items, but valve is reusing defindexes for warpaints(these are not the only items), also there is a full series of bugs where automatic wont run reliably for stock weapons cos most stock weapons do not have a unique defindex anymore. All in all just go on github and use someone else's bot ,stay away from trying to use the current codebase.

In simple words of what Appy said. 
If you have a buyorder for say Strange PRO KS iron bomber (can be any strange or non strange item) at 7 keys and if you receive an offer for a strnage PRO KS werpainted Iron bomber for the strange KS buyorder price the trade will get accepted. (an equivalent war painted item can get accepted)
This is a similar to how the aussie bugs works ~ Strange weapons getting accepted instead of aussies for aussie buyorders. 

Also as appy said there are quite a few more exploits on automatic that can be abused so it was best he did not say it publicly.
The counting (rounding issue) is just a minor bug along with the stock weapon thing he said, (Most stock weapon trades will not get accepted instead it will skip saying "No listing found skippng" )

In short the automatic has more exploits that most of you are not aware of can be abused if people find out so best not use it even if these small counting and other bugs are fixed. Until someone wants releases a full fix. 

• Like 1

I'm just waiting for the new automatic client being released by backpack.tf. I do feel like that might never be released as they have been saying this for so long.

52 minutes ago, De Boz Mann said:

I'm just waiting for the new automatic client being released by backpack.tf. I do feel like that might never be released as they have been saying this for so long.

https://bitbucket.org/jessecar/backpack.tf-automatic

THIS SOFTWARE IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED!

You use this software at your own risk. Backpack.tf may also completely disable usage soon. You may lose items due to bugs. A new automatic is coming eventually, read more -->  https://backpack.tf/classifieds/agents

yup its been ages since this announcement. I dont think they will make new one until the devs are free

On 05.04.2018 at 1:04 PM, Poot said:

-1.3.5- (4). Fixed bumping for premium members

It always worked. Even now (I do not use your fork). So a questionable fix

I think I fixed the problem with Australium, but I can not check how the purchase goes because I do not have Australium items =(

Need a volunteer for the experiment with Australium

Australium.thumb.png.edc8eb24c65022d5b940b5b90e432409.png

10 hours ago, Don Martin said:

I think I fixed the problem with Australium, but I can not check how the purchase goes because I do not have Australium items =(

Need a volunteer for the experiment with Australium

I ran with the same problem, so i made a trade simulator for this same reason. Files are here: https://gist.github.com/SunriseM/65e206d49f764999e1c485aed0433481

in simulate.js i made a offer of Strange Flame Thrower for 2 Ref but you can modify it. I included TF2 Key, Refined/Reclaimed/Scrap Metal, Strange/Australium Flamethrower data in items.js, so you can simulate an offer with any of those items. If you want to test a Sell Listing of a australium ft for 10 keys it would be like this:

setTimeout(simOffer, 1000*10, [...Array(10)].map(() => items['TF2 Key']), [items['Aussie FT']]);

Using node v8.3.0

Instructions:

1- Download files. Copy items.js and trade.js to app folder.

2- Copy simulate.js to root folder (automatic.bat folder)

3- You must have setup automatic correctly

4- Open console prompt in the folder, and run node simulate.

If everything goes right it should look like this (Offer wont be accepted obviusly):

OBWvMog.png

On 4/14/2018 at 7:34 PM, Don Martin said:

It always worked. Even now (I do not use your fork). So a questionable fix

questionable fix maybe to you. the fix went along with the lightning bolt fix

I would really recommend not to use this. I keep telling people but still everyone wants to. Here are some of the major bugs it has. 

Craft Weapons bug - 2 craft weapons wont be read as a scrap.

War Painted weapons are considered as normal weapons

Festivized are read as normal weapons (not much of a big deal) 

Currency Exchange bug (its disabled from 1.3.1 onwards) 

Defindex bug for primary stock weapons (most of the time primary weapons get skipepd saying no listings found)

Calculation bug

Aussie_Bug

There are more minor bugs Its a long list, So if you wanna use it. Use it at your own risk. The ones I have listed above are the major ones

5 hours ago, « SɱokEy » said:

I would really recommend not to use this. I keep telling people but still everyone wants to. Here are some of the major bugs it has. 

Craft Weapons bug - 2 craft weapons wont be read as a scrap.

War Painted weapons are considered as normal weapons

Festivized are read as normal weapons (not much of a big deal) 

Currency Exchange bug (its disabled from 1.3.1 onwards) 

Defindex bug for primary stock weapons (most of the time primary weapons get skipepd saying no listings found)

Calculation bug

Aussie_Bug

There are more minor bugs Its a long list, So if you wanna use it. Use it at your own risk. The ones I have listed above are the major ones

1 - It was in the past versions. This is probably not a bug, but just removed this functionality ( possibly can add  having studied the previous versions)

2 - This can also be fixed

3 - Can you tell what kind of weapon is the problem?

4 - This is really a serious bug

5 - I first hear about such a problem. Can you describe in some detail the process of this problem?

6 - A very rare problem and most likely depends on a combination of circumstances (version of node.js, OS, automatic bp and so on). I have not had such an error for the entire time of use (more than 1 year)

7 - What is this bug? о_О

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Don Martin said:

1 - It was in the past versions. This is probably not a bug, but just removed this functionality ( possibly can add  having studied the previous versions)

2 - This can also be fixed

3 - Can you tell what kind of weapon is the problem?

4 - This is really a serious bug

5 - I first hear about such a problem. Can you describe in some detail the process of this problem?

6 - A very rare problem and most likely depends on a combination of circumstances (version of node.js, OS, automatic bp and so on). I have not had such an error for the entire time of use (more than 1 year)

7 - What is this bug? о_О

Thanks!

1. Maybe but if you bank craft hats you can see mostly people send trade offer with 1 ref and 4 weapon for 1.22 which gets skipped instead of getting accepted
2. Yup and easy fix
3. Any weapon on which you use the festivizer on - Not much of a problem (its actually good :P )

4. Yeah technically what happens if if you are selling an item for say 1.75 keys and you get a trade offer for 2 keys taking ref back as change the automatic is not able to calculate the conversion so the trade gets skipped
5. Its simple Happens mostly with primary weapons started after the war paint update since war paint items also have the same defindex (thanks to valve) it sometimes skips the trade saying no active listing founds (I dont know exactly why this is happening though) 

6. What ever one talks about here the 0.01 rounding issue.

7. Aussie = Australium weapons :P 

A friend of mine (do not wanna mention his name) has fixed all these bugs and I do have a fully working version of the automatic. We did a lot of testing to get everything sorted out, Even australiums are safe to bank in his version. 
I really wanna release it to everyone but since he is the one that did all the hard work he doesn't wanna release it.

Everyone I know who is a coder have fixed the automatic in their own way and keeps it to themselves.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2018 at 4:41 AM, « SɱokEy » said:

1. Maybe but if you bank craft hats you can see mostly people send trade offer with 1 ref and 4 weapon for 1.22 which gets skipped instead of getting accepted
2. Yup and easy fix
3. Any weapon on which you use the festivizer on - Not much of a problem (its actually good :P )

4. Yeah technically what happens if if you are selling an item for say 1.75 keys and you get a trade offer for 2 keys taking ref back as change the automatic is not able to calculate the conversion so the trade gets skipped
5. Its simple Happens mostly with primary weapons started after the war paint update since war paint items also have the same defindex (thanks to valve) it sometimes skips the trade saying no active listing founds (I dont know exactly why this is happening though) 

6. What ever one talks about here the 0.01 rounding issue.

7. Aussie = Australium weapons :P 

A friend of mine (do not wanna mention his name) has fixed all these bugs and I do have a fully working version of the automatic. We did a lot of testing to get everything sorted out, Even australiums are safe to bank in his version. 
I really wanna release it to everyone but since he is the one that did all the hard work he doesn't wanna release it.

Everyone I know who is a coder have fixed the automatic in their own way and keeps it to themselves.

Fair enough that they don't want loads of people using (at no cost) something that they put their time into. If you know any trusted person who is willing to release it could you direct them to this post?

1 hour ago, De Boz Mann said:

Fair enough that they don't want loads of people using (at no cost) something that they put their time into. If you know any trusted person who is willing to release it could you direct them to this post?

Everyone I know who has fixed the automatic have already commented on this posts in the past. 

i have some fixes but smokey if you want to keep spamming the bugs go ahead.

without the fix saying i understand the risks people couldnt use automatic. so im sure they know.

the gut hub link  -> https://github.com/ThePoot/Backpack.tf-automatic-all-fixes-are-in-this

I have a few fixes but i know its not perfect, and unless someone can help, then this is as far as i can go.

ive taken all the suggestions through these pages. ive been watching this thread for more than 4 months

Suggestions like the currency counting, lighting bolt, i understand the risks are there.

smokey. we know that this is risky. the only way to even use automatic is to go in and say i understand the risks.

ive said many times that this is unsupported and to use at your own risk.

14 minutes ago, Poot said:

without the fix saying i understand the risks people couldnt use automatic. so im sure they know.

the gut hub link  -> https://github.com/ThePoot/Backpack.tf-automatic-all-fixes-are-in-this

I have a few fixes but i know its not perfect, and unless someone can help, then this is as far as i can go.

ive taken all the suggestions through these pages. ive been watching this thread for more than 4 months

Suggestions like the currency counting, lighting bolt, i understand the risks are there.

smokey. we know that this is risky. the only way to even use automatic is to go in and say i understand the risks.

i_understand_the_risk = true is just something fisk added to make sure people know what they are doing. Doing that gets the heartbeat back.

a week ago a guy in my friends list got hit by someone who knew about the wapaint bug. Sold him 6 strange pro ks warpaint items for the strange pro ks buyorder. He lost about 40 keys

only reason I pointed out most of the major bugs here is because I see people here only talk about the calculation and aussie thing.

On 20.04.2018 at 4:32 AM, Poot said:

We would like to see the history of the change in the source code. Without this there is no trust. It is also not right to upload archives to this site. He is not meant for this.