backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

9 minutes ago, Versal said:

somebody know how to generate 24 digits token, cuz automatic does not work with token like this 
2s3GN5X0QtlguJgBjIqRHhnWzFsMcSltdK4JFtgiWOE=

the IAutomatic/IHeartBeat endpoint which automatic uses seems to be written in such a way that it cannot handle 44 character tokens, there is no fix cos the fix needs to be from bp.tf's end :/

2 minutes ago, appy said:

the IAutomatic/IHeartBeat endpoint which automatic uses seems to be written in such a way that it cannot handle 44 character tokens, there is no fix cos the fix needs to be from bp.tf's end :/

So automatic is still unavailebale because of this :(

Just now, Xerye trade.tf 📱✔ said:

Oh no thats sadddddd D: :(

i am hoping for a replacement soon, if you want check out the open source bots that are around(zwork's for example), they are pretty good :P 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, appy said:

i am hoping for a replacement soon, if you want check out the open source bots that are around(zwork's for example), they are pretty good :P 

you might have a link for zworks? ^^

There's some workaround with the new tokens, but I'm not sure at all if it's secure. Comment the following line in the backpacktf.js file:

return reject("getToken"); by putting // in front

NVM, it works only for autoaccepting confirmations.

Edited by shadyfan
Not a real workaround

24 minutes ago, shadyfan said:

There's some workaround with the new tokens, but I'm not sure at all if it's secure. Comment the following line in the backpacktf.js file:

return reject("getToken"); by putting // in front

That is not a fix, it's just ignoring the error you get because of the wrong token. 
Only bp developers can fix this by making the heartbeat api accepting long tokens and they're not gonna do that.

So, basically, they are making impossible (almost) for new users to have an user agent or a bot while the old ones (the big ones) can still operate. 

This is probably because the number of bots in the backpack community was rising too much because of the open source bots.
Today I did the stupid thing of updating my token (I didn't knew this issue yet) and now I'm screwed.

5 minutes ago, JRichi said:

That is not a fix, it's just ignoring the error you get because of the wrong token. 
Only bp developers can fix this by making the heartbeat api accepting long tokens and they're not gonna do that.

So, basically, they are making impossible (almost) for new users to have an user agent or a bot while the old ones (the big ones) can still operate. 

This is probably because the number of bots in the backpack community was rising too much because of the open source bots.
Today I did the stupid thing of updating my token (I didn't knew this issue yet) and now I'm screwed.

Yeah, now that I tested it, you're right, it can only autoaccept confirmations. And yep, did the same stupid thing today, just because of the misleading warning text: "warn: Invalid backpack.tf token: The old backpack.tf automatic client has severe vulnerabilities, and people still keep trying to use it."

5 hours ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

It's accessible if you know what you're doing, but we're unwilling to put people who do not at risk so will not be expanding further.

OK, this might be accessible, but what about if people were mis-leaded to generate a new token with 44 characters? Because that was what the error was starting with - Invalid backpack.tf token.

Just now, shadyfan said:

Yeah, now that I tested it, you're right, it can only autoaccept confirmations. And yep, did the same stupid thing today, just because of the misleading warning text: "warn: Invalid backpack.tf token: The old backpack.tf automatic client has severe vulnerabilities, and people still keep trying to use it."

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. That's the same reason that led me to generate a new one. By the combo of long tokens and that warning they are getting rid of a lot of bot's user and they removed the possibility for new users to use automatic or create bots.
Now that's a privilege of an elite. 

6 minutes ago, JRichi said:

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. That's the same reason that led me to generate a new one. By the combo of long tokens and that warning they are getting rid of a lot of bot's user and they removed the possibility for new users to use automatic or create bots.
Now that's a privilege of an elite. 

I also updated the token and lost bp.tf automatic. Im paying on 6 accounts for it and now its useless. I hope they still will fix this, else no more monthly money from me.

1 hour ago, Suͫpͤrͫeͤme said:

Yea i just made a new token fuckme 

Would've been nice if you made a new bot before killing this one 

Not work =(

• Administrators

sorry

(yes, user tokens for automatic will work now, they've been working for the other user token apis for months however automatic apis had their own checks away from the usual middleware for some reason.)

(also you lot are power users, me gimping automatic today was to prevent complaints from newbies getting their australium items stolen)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, shadyfan said:

Good news guys! I think it got fixed! That's the first thing I see being fixed urgently by fisk:

https://backpack.tf/issue/59f4a14744325a5aeb4f8b1a

So try again with the new token (the 44 characters one), at least it works for me now.

It works again! :D
With the long token :D
Im glad that his has been fixed allready today yay :)))

25 minutes ago, Xerye trade.tf 📱✔ said:

It works again! :D
With the long token :D
Im glad that his has been fixed allready today yay :)))

Are you sure? I mean, the long token now gets accepted but it seems like the heartbeat api is not returning any buy listing. Does this happens to you too? I tried downloading a new fresh backpack.tf automatic and it doesn't seem to work neither. :thinking:

46 minutes ago, fisk said:

sorry

(yes, user tokens for automatic will work now, they've been working for the other user token apis for months however automatic apis had their own checks away from the usual middleware for some reason.)

(also you lot are power users, me gimping automatic today was to prevent complaints from newbies getting their australium items stolen)

Thank you very much for making the heartbeat api accepting the long tokens too!
However it looks like the api is now kinda broken. It doesn't get the buy listings anymore, so buy orders cannot be accepted automatically. I'm gonna give you some examples:
cmd_2017-12-19_00-13-23.png.656bfefb08a223917a72c72efdb8fea2.pngCode_2017-12-19_00-13-54.thumb.png.073e72e6ae4a57c539151601b13b2abe.pngchrome_2017-12-19_00-15-09.png.a585997156c1297fffa76f9d2e87a6da.png

So, I have some buy listings but the API is not returning them. (listings: shouldn't be empty). (yes, my buy listings are just for testing)

If you paste https://backpack.tf/api/IAutomatic/IHeartBeat?i_understand_the_risks=true&method=alive&version=1.3.3&steamid=mysteamid&token=my44characterstoken&buy_orders=true        (with your steamid and token instead of "mysteamid" and "my44characterstoken")

on google chrome (or another browser) in the same session where you are logged on backpack.tf it works. If you are not logged in in that session the response of the api won't show the part with the buylistings. 

So it looks like you can only make the API works if you send the right cookies too.

@fisk Can you just tell us if that's done on purpose and will stay like this or if it will be eventually changed back to how it was before? So I can know what I should do.

12 hours ago, Suͫpͤrͫeͤme said:

the fix isn't working for me with sell orders. Also does the lightning icon not show anymore? 

And the icon is not working for the same reason

EDIT1:  The api only works with cookies. If you are logged in the same browser session the api will work even if you put a random token and a random steamid. So it seems that the token and the steamid are no longer checked properly and that's why it never works without cookies. 

• Like 1

On 20.12.2017 at 12:12 AM, JRichi said:

If you paste https://backpack.tf/api/IAutomatic/IHeartBeat?i_understand_the_risks=true&method=alive&version=1.3.3&steamid=mysteamid&token=my44characterstoken&buy_orders=true        (with your steamid and token instead of "mysteamid" and "my44characterstoken")

on google chrome (or another browser) in the same session where you are logged on backpack.tf it works. If you are not logged in in that session the response of the api won't show the part with the buylistings. 

So it looks like you can only make the API works if you send the right cookies too.

@fisk Can you just tell us if that's done on purpose and will stay like this or if it will be eventually changed back to how it was before? So I can know what I should do.

And the icon is not working for the same reason

7 hours ago, zol said:

And if i got old token? what i have to post? 

As I said in the "EDIT1" of my previous post you can use anything as a token as long as you are logged in on backpack.tf on the same session. I don't think this was something intended.