backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

Hey everyone.

I've been away from trading for a bit and thought I would start up again. Previously I extracted my identity_secret and everything was working great (this was in thespring). Since then I got a new phone, downloaded the Steam app. Since I got new stuff, my old identity_secret will no longer work. Today I used Xven's guide to get my identity_secret like I did in the past and it can't create a backup. It looks like it starts to create the .tar file and then stops at 1KB. Reading though the thread it looks like Valve did something to prevent this method from backing up the Steam app and allowing the extraction of a users identity_secret as was done previously. Is this right? 

I am going to read back through the thread further, but I wanted to see if it was even worth it or if I'm out of luck until someone finds another way through this latest Valve barricade.

Thanks!

Thanks for this. I kept reading back and it looks like I have the issue with running Android 6.0 with the latest Steam app. It's so frustrating to have to jump through all these hoops just to set up a trade bot. I used to play TF2 all the time and part of what made the game so fun was the trading. Valve has done such a great job of making the trading so difficult and the game less accessible it's harder and harder to want to be a part of it. This forum is great though. Thanks to everyone who post here and helps us less savvy traders out.

How to run bot in Node.js v0.10.32? I cannot install 0.12 and above

It good work in Node.js v0.10.29. Just need to edit the Node.js version check. This is all do at your own risk =)

I still got the issue that once in a time (usually after few hours of being up) the automatic will STOP confirming, and simple restart will always fix it immediately.

So, although I mentioned it before and the creator couldn't reproduce my problem, could I ask for adding a command "restart" that would upon writing restart the software? would be really helpful, although it's not a big deal, always having to close and find the icon again is somehow bothersome :) 

Hi, i have a Problem whereit downloads, but then new captcha wont work, i answer it correctly hundreds of times but still it asks me to do it again, ive tried restarting my computer the cmd, everything. what can i do..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've created an api token for one of my other accounts, when I try to make a web request, this is the response: {"success":0,"message":"steamid+token combination does not exist.","user":null}.

This is the account I was using: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198280497159/

I made the token on that account, I tried to revoke the token a few times, nothing helped, but I hope you can  :)

Thanks!

I there.

I have the "HTTP error 429" too.

I have a premium account , recently added Steam wallet found, a working APi key (used it recently on a project)... but the error is still here.

It seem i am not alone with this problem and It is a strange coincidence that others have the same at about the same time , right?

So, is that a problem with the bot itself or with Steam ?

I opened an issue on bitbucket :

I have same problem!

Appeared suddenly!

After much fucking around I have a working update to this method, thank you to the original author. The reason why it stopped working is that Valve disallowed newer versions of the Steam app from being backed up.

Edit: This works for me on unrooted Android 6.0.

1. Enable app installation from non Play Store sources on your phone.

2. Install latest ADB:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=48915118#post48915118

3. Download an older version of the Steam Mobile App, I used version 2.1:

http://www.apkmirror.com/uploads/?q=steam

Place this in your ADB install directory.

4. Enable USB debugging, install drivers, connect phone to PC as per original guide. Copy run me.bat and android-backup-extractor-20151102-bin folder into adb install folder.

5. Uninstall current Steam Mobile App from phone without removing its data:

- Open up a command prompt, navigate to adb install folder (this will make later steps easier).

- Run "adb shell pm uninstall -k com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community"

6. Install older version of Steam Mobile App:

- Run "adb install -r com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community-2.1-3000986-minAPI8.apk"

7. Execute run me.bat from original guide. Follow rest of original guide. Voila.

I think this entitles me to a small rant: Fuck you Valve for wasting so much of my time with your endless self serving bullshit.

Really appreciate this, thanks for figuring out how to do this on a non-rooted phone.

How do i buy items with this bot ?

for example, i have set up some classified listings and some tf2 outpost threads regarding me buying some taunts and other items.

How do i manage to set up the prices and the items that im buying with this bot ?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you are running older node.js version and this syntax probably requires v6 or higher.

You can find out your node version by running "node -v" in the console.

Sometimes a strange text appears in the log

(node:6636) DeprecationWarning: Calling an asynchronous function without callback is deprecated.

Confirmations don't work. Does anyone know what is the problem?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a module not found exception even though the whole archive is unzipped, and I'm running the automatic.bat. Version is 1.2.7. Node.js is installed.

Full error message and stacktrace:

module.js:472
    throw err;
    ^

Error: Cannot find module './lib/rsa'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:470:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:418:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:498:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:20:19)
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\sealedinterface\Downloads\backpack.tf-automatic-1.2.7-all\node_modules\node-bignumber\index.js:31:18)
    at Module._compile (module.js:571:32)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:580:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:488:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (module.js:447:12)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:439:3)
Press any key to continue . . .

1.2.7 issue:

It typically works correctly for a few hours after starting it (accepting trades and all), than, a trade offer will come in and trigger these messages, which repeat every min as long as the program is running. My log file is full of this stuff. I was using a 1.2.7 beta and would get the occasional errors, but it still worked most of the time.

09:44:47 - error: Cannot login to Steam: HTTP error 401

09:44:47 - warn: Saved login cookies are no longer valid.
09:44:47 - warn: Web session no longer valid. Steam could be down or your session might no longer be valid. To refresh it, log out (type logout), restart Automatic, and re-enter your credentials
10:32:14 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND backpack.tf backpack.tf:443,(unknown),), trying again in 1 minute 

This is a screenshot while it is still working. http://i.imgur.com/k9Rt1dG.png

Can post more logs if needed.

• 3 weeks later...

my ip address is blacklisted by cloudflare and i constantly get captcha checks or challenge page when browsing backpack.tf or some other websites protected by cloudflare. when i start the backpack auto 1.2.8 i get the error posted below. my isp provides dynamic ip address so sometimes i have the same ip address for multiple days during which i am not able to run backpack auto, is there any way i can bypass or solve this ?

16:29:10 - info: backpack.tf Automatic v1.2.8 starting

16:29:10 - info: Logging into Steam with oAuth token

16:29:11 - info: Logged into Steam!

16:29:13 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 403,403,<!DOCTYPE html>

<!--[if lt IE 7]> <html class="no-js ie6 oldie" lang="en-US"> <![endif]-->

<!--[if IE 7]>    <html class="no-js ie7 oldie" lang="en-US"> <![endif]-->

<!--[if IE 8]>    <html class="no-js ie8 oldie" lang="en-US"> <![endif]-->

<!--[if gt IE 8]><!--> <html class="no-js" lang="en-US"> <!--<![endif]-->

<head>

<title>Attention Required! | CloudFlare</title>

<meta charset="UTF-8" />

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge,chrome=1" />

<meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow" />

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1,maximum-scale=1" />

<link rel="stylesheet" id="cf_styles-css" href="/cdn-cgi/styles/cf.errors.css" type="text/css" media="screen,projection" />

<!--[if lt IE 9]><link rel="stylesheet" id='cf_styles-ie-css' href="/cdn-cgi/styles/cf.errors.ie.css" type="text/css" media="screen,projection" /><![endif]-->

<style type="text/css">body{margin:0;padding:0}</style>

<!--[if lte IE 9]><script type="text/javascript" src="/cdn-cgi/scripts/jquery.min.js"></script><![endif]-->

<!--[if gte IE 10]><!--><script type="text/javascript" src="/cdn-cgi/scripts/zepto.min.js"></script><!--<![endif]-->

<script type="text/javascript" src="/cdn-cgi/scripts/cf.common.js"></script>

</head>

<body>

<div id="cf-wrapper">

<div class="cf-alert cf-alert-error cf-cookie-error" id="cookie-alert" data-translate="enable_cookies">Please enable cookies.</div>

<div id="cf-error-details" class="cf-error-details-wrapper">

<div class="cf-wrapper cf-header cf-error-overview">

<h1 data-translate="challenge_headline">One more step</h1>

<h2 class="cf-subheadline"><span data-translate="complete_sec_check">Please complete the security check to access</span> backpack.tf</h2>

</div><!-- /.header -->

<div class="cf-section cf-highlight cf-captcha-container">

<div class="cf-wrapper">

<div class="cf-columns two">

<div class="cf-column">

<div class="cf-highlight-inverse cf-form-stacked">

<form class="challenge-form" id="challenge-form" action="/cdn-cgi/l/chk_captcha" method="get">

<script type="text/javascript" src="/cdn-cgi/scripts/cf.challenge.js" data-type="normal"  data-ray="313a58188b640a78" async data-sitekey="6LfOYgoTAAAAAInWDVTLSc8Yibqp-c9DaLimzNGM" data-stoken="w544lymazwGjwIrzS5FkbRpLGDKC3NJ3l_5J9-gHKt6Y1h1mtMzKO7GOC-yMlxm5SO-kGxhJcu3IMMHyXaVeRHASeQ-cEaik7fwFD5NpBx0"></script>

<div class="g-recaptcha"></div>

<noscript id="cf-captcha-bookmark" class="cf-captcha-info">

<div><div style="width: 302px">

<div>

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/fallback?k=6LfOYgoTAAAAAInWDVTLSc8Yibqp-c9DaLimzNGM&stoken=w544lymazwGjwIrzS5FkbRpLGDKC3NJ3l_5J9-gHKt6Y1h1mtMzKO7GOC-yMlxm5SO-kGxhJcu3IMMHyXaVeRHASeQ-cEaik7fwFD5NpBx0"frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="width: 302px; height:422px; border-style: none;"></iframe>

</div>

<div style="width: 300px; border-style: none; bottom: 12px; left: 25px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; right: 25px; background: #f9f9f9; border: 1px solid #c1c1c1; border-radius: 3px;">

<textarea id="g-recaptcha-response" name="g-recaptcha-response" class="g-recaptcha-response" style="width: 250px; height: 40px; border: 1px solid #c1c1c1; margin: 10px 25px; padding: 0px; resize: none;"></textarea>

<input type="submit" value="Submit"></input>

</div>

</div></div>

</noscript>

</form>

</div>

</div>

<div class="cf-column">

<div class="cf-screenshot-container">

<span class="cf-no-screenshot"></span>

</div>

</div>

</div><!-- /.columns -->

</div>

</div><!-- /.captcha-container -->

<div class="cf-section cf-wrapper">

<div class="cf-columns two">

<div class="cf-column">

<h2 data-translate="why_captcha_headline">Why do I have to complete a CAPTCHA?</h2>

<p data-translate="why_captcha_detail">Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property.</p>

</div>

<div class="cf-column">

<h2 data-translate="resolve_captcha_headline">What can I do to prevent this in the future?</h2>

<p data-translate="resolve_captcha_antivirus">If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware.</p>

<p data-translate="resolve_captcha_network">If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices.</p>

</div>

</div>

</div><!-- /.section -->

<div class="cf-error-footer cf-wrapper">

<p>

<span class="cf-footer-item">CloudFlare Ray ID: <strong>313a58188b640a78</strong></span>

<span class="cf-footer-separator">•</span>

<span class="cf-footer-item"><span data-translate="your_ip">Your IP</span>: 103.26.56.74</span>

<span class="cf-footer-separator">•</span>

<span class="cf-footer-item"><span data-translate="performance_security_by">Performance & security by</span> <a data-orig-proto="https" data-orig-ref="www.cloudflare.com/5xx-error-landing?utm_source=error_footer" id="brand_link" target="_blank">CloudFlare</a></span>

</p>

</div><!-- /.error-footer -->

</div><!-- /#cf-error-details -->

</div><!-- /#cf-wrapper -->

<script type="text/javascript">

window._cf_translation = {};

</script>

</body>

</html>

), trying again in 1 minute

Also the backpack automatic v 1.2.4 doesn't work when i have that blacklisted ip but the steam confirmation checker runs fine.

16:06:21 - info: backpack.tf Automatic v1.2.4 starting
16:06:21 - info: Logging into Steam with oAuth token
16:06:22 - info: ===================================================
16:06:22 - info: Update available! Current: v1.2.4, Latest: v1.2.8
16:06:22 - info: ===================================================
16:06:22 - info: Logged into Steam!
16:06:24 - info: Starting steam confirmation checker
16:06:25 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 403), trying again in 60 seconds
16:07:26 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 403), trying again in 60 seconds
16:10:14 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 403), trying again in 60 seconds
16:11:15 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 403), trying again in 60 seconds
16:12:15 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 403), trying again in 60 seconds
16:13:15 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 403), trying again in 60 seconds
16:14:16 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 403), trying again in 60 seconds
16:15:16 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 403), trying again in 60 seconds
16:16:16 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 403), trying again in 60 seconds
16:17:17 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 403), trying again in 60 seconds
16:18:18 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 403), trying again in 60 seconds
16:19:18 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 403), trying again in 60 seconds
16:20:19 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 403), trying again in 60 seconds
16:21:19 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 403), trying again in 60 seconds
16:22:19 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 403), trying again in 60 seconds
16:23:20 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 403), trying again in 60 seconds
16:24:20 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 403), trying again in 60 seconds
16:25:21 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 403), trying again in 60 seconds
16:26:21 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 403), trying again in 60 seconds