backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

So I know that there's a feature where Automatic will confirm trades, but I need some keys from my phone

003248bede.png

I have already rooted my phone a long time ago, but have no idea what keys I'm suppose to get.

Thanks.

you need to get the file from data>data>com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community>files called Steamguard-YOURSTEAMID64 open that file with any text editor. in there you will find your identity_secret

Thank you very much <3

Seams like this way stopped working on the newest android version with the newest version of the steam app!

[Guide] How to get your shared secret from android 4.x and up WITHOUT ROOT! (Steam Mobile) v1.3

https://youtu.be/1rby7r2Z7qo

Step 1 :: Preparing

• download a copy of adb(android debug bridge comes with android sdk) for your android version aswell as android backup extractor i made a prepared rar archive you can get it here
  • extract the files of the rar archive anywhere on your pc e.g. desktop
  • enable usb debugging on your phone (it might be different for your device/android version example here)
  • connect your phone to your pc using a usb cable
  • you also need Java installed. so if its not installed install it ;) however most pcs have that already
  • (optional) check if adb is working using the command adb devices (if a device shows up its working)
  • for some phones you have to install usb drivers first just google for it if needed
Step 2 :: Create a Backup of your Steam App
  • run "run me.bat"
  • confirm that you want to backup the steam app on your phone (as written in the console window)
  • open steam.tar (i used winrar) your steamguard file should be inside \apps\com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community\f extract it
Step 3 :: Setting up your bp.tf Automatic
  • open your Steamguard-YOURSTEAMID file with any texteditor you like
  • you will find something like "identity_secret":"kjv2654uo76v21698936fhn3161fd5=" in the middle of the file. in this example the identity secret would be kjv2654uo76v21698936fhn3161fd5=
  • start backpack.tf automatic as usual. after its all loaded and you are logged in run the command identity_secret YOURIDENTITYSECRET directly in the automatic console. in our example it would be

identity_secret kjv2654uo76v21698936fhn3161fd5=

• afaik backpack automatic is a little bugged you have to put it in there every single time you start the bot! => Fix
Step 4 :: ???

Step 5 :: Profit!

Troubleshooting!

anti virus is poping up and no steam.tar file is generated

• your antivirus software might prevents the extractor from creating the file. yes that happened to someone before. just disable your antivirus and start again
1 line: 'adb' is no recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
  • you didnt extract all files from the rar archive. make sure all files are in the same folder. just keep the folder structure from the rar archive
1/3 line: adb: unable to connect for backup

you device is not reachable for adb. there are many reasons which can cause that error.

• Make sure you are running at least android version 4.0 (you can check that in the settings app) this guide does not work with android below 4.0!
  • you may don't have usb-debugging enabled on your phone
  • you may need to install usb drivers for your phone
  • maybe this or this video will help you
whatever java error.(you can check if this is your problem by checking if you have a tmp folder and if you have a 0KB file named steam.ab in there (should be the case if you are using android version 5.0 or higher))
  • it doesn't seam to be working on the newest version of the steam app anymore if you use a very new android version
  • your device doesn't allow backups WITHOUT password. so you have to put a password on your phone when its asking about the backup
  • to extract it rightclick the runme file and put the password at the long line at the end (make sure you put a space between it)
  • you will also have to install whatever java extension. the console will tell you where to download it from
if you still are having problems feel free to add me or just write in this thread

After much fucking around I have a working update to this method, thank you to the original author. The reason why it stopped working is that Valve disallowed newer versions of the Steam app from being backed up.

Edit: This works for me on unrooted Android 6.0.

1. Enable app installation from non Play Store sources on your phone.

2. Install latest ADB:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=48915118#post48915118

3. Download an older version of the Steam Mobile App, I used version 2.1:

http://www.apkmirror.com/uploads/?q=steam

Place this in your ADB install directory.

4. Enable USB debugging, install drivers, connect phone to PC as per original guide. Copy run me.bat and android-backup-extractor-20151102-bin folder into adb install folder.

5. Uninstall current Steam Mobile App from phone without removing its data:

- Open up a command prompt, navigate to adb install folder (this will make later steps easier).

- Run "adb shell pm uninstall -k com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community"

6. Install older version of Steam Mobile App:

- Run "adb install -r com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community-2.1-3000986-minAPI8.apk"

7. Execute run me.bat from original guide. Follow rest of original guide. Voila.

I think this entitles me to a small rant: Fuck you Valve for wasting so much of my time with your endless self serving bullshit.

• Like 6

After much fucking around I have a working update to this method, thank you to the original author. The reason why it stopped working is that Valve disallowed newer versions of the Steam app from being backed up.

Edit: This works for me on unrooted Android 6.0.

-snip-

Sadly, this process isn't working for me..

When im Executing run me.bat this error shows..

post-19397-0-41634200-1464158874_thumb.png

(sorry if image is too small, i dont know how to enlarge it.)

Like previous error, when i manually make an .ab file and extract it to .tar file, it still gives me a 1kb file (the error file).

Read the error message, it tells you what is wrong - it can't find the file/path.

Look at his run me.bat, it's only 2 commands:

adb backup -f .\tmp\steam.ab -apk com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community
java -jar android-backup-extractor-20151102-bin\abe.jar unpack .\tmp\steam.ab steam.tar

Google how the adb backup command works. Either change .\tmp\steam.ab to something that suits you or omit it to use the default file name. Then also change the java command accordingly.

Sorry but I'm not here to spoonfeed people. If you can't make sense of such an informative error message and apply basic troubleshooting then you probably shouldn't be messing with this.

I log into steam, everything good, then I get this error with Node:

ReferenceError: Self not defined

Anyone know what that is?

Alright, hate to look like an ass, but I'm having a horrible time trying to set up the automatic bot on my Mac.

This is what I get if I do the 'easy install' (clicking on automatic.bat) in Terminal:

Last login: Sun May 1 19:20:19 on ttys000

/Users/Ned/Desktop/backpack.tf\ bot/backpack.tf-automatic-1.2.4-all/automatic.bat ; exit;

/Users/Ned/Desktop/backpack.tf bot/backpack.tf-automatic-1.2.4-all/automatic.bat: line 1: @ECHO: command not found

module.js:327

throw err;

^

'rror: Cannot find module '/Users/Ned/automatic.js

at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:325:15)

at Function.Module._load (module.js:276:25)

at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:441:10)

at startup (node.js:139:18)

at node.js:968:3

/Users/Ned/Desktop/backpack.tf bot/backpack.tf-automatic-1.2.4-all/automatic.bat: line 3: IF: command not found

/Users/Ned/Desktop/backpack.tf bot/backpack.tf-automatic-1.2.4-all/autom: command not foundause

/Users/Ned/Desktop/backpack.tf bot/backpack.tf-automatic-1.2.4-all/automatic.bat: line 5: :QUIT: command not found

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

It appears that it can't find my automatic.js file, even though it is in the exact same folder as the automatic.bat file is. Everything is in a custom folder located in Desktop.

Any suggestions why this doesn't work?

EDIT: This is what the folder looks like:

3b95757938cf408551b2fe0a00ac3958.png

Someone please help me with this???

Someone please help me with this???

Because its looking for automatic in the wrong place

/Users/Ned/automatic.js

When it's actually located at

/Users/Ned/Desktop/backpack.tf\ bot/backpack.tf-automatic-1.2.4-all/automatic.js

Try removing the "backpack.tf bot" folder, and doing it directly, might fix it.

So it'll be just 

/Users/Ned/Desktop/backpack.tf-automatic-1.2.4-all/automatic.js

When will this work with cs go, or does it and the bitbucket page was just never updated.

no it doesn't

unknown when, Mckay is working on buy orders more

Hi, after setting up automatic and stuff, I get this error:

18:34:07 - info: backpack.tf Automatic v1.2.4 starting
18:34:07 - info: Logging into Steam with oAuth token
18:34:07 - info: Logged into Steam!
18:34:08 - verbose: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf.
18:34:09 - verbose: Setting Trade Offer Manager cookies.
18:34:09 - error: Cannot get API key: Access Denied
Press any key to continue . . .

Can anyone tell me what this means? I've reinstalled it multiple times and excluded node.exe from firewall and SSL filtering. Same outcome.

Many thanks.

no it doesn't

unknown when, Mckay is working on buy orders more

So that the economy can be ruined even more than it already is =P

AND I QUOTE

In fact automatic buy orders would ruin trading

Posted by Spirit on 30 November 2015 - 05:08 PM

But unfortunately its what bp.tf admins want =P

GG Thank you,

Spirit

i wonder when you stop being a .... after all you offer the same thing seams like you are just in this thread to either troll/trash talk.

after all buy orders are a thing on trade.tf for like... ever already. including their bot system

I offer the same thing, in order to prove a point, I am gathering data in order to prove it.

I would not say i am here to troll/trash talk. I have provided many helpful replies over the year.

I thought the buy orders on trade.tf were.... only for a select few items.... And fortunately enough those items have a profit margin of..... .11 .22 scrap?

And i also thought some trade.tf traders also stopped trading them lately because someone has started to trade them?

I have buy orders for like.... ever already....