backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

Pull request #20. Identity_Secret Fix.

Identity_Secret issue facing a lot of users including mewhile secret must be reentered everytime. Here is a fix for it by John C. I have tested by myself and it is working, I can run automatic in vps server without worrying about trade confirmations.

Fix only at your own responsibility.

Pull request #20 by John C

Thanks John C for this fix.

has anyone else tried this? I'll be honest it looks a bit fishy dude

It works. You no longer have re-enter identity_secret every time you restart automatic, as long as you had the identity_secret saved already.

it literally runs the function the program runs when you normally put identity_secret in

nothing else

lol

it literally runs the function the program runs when you normally put identity_secret in

nothing else

lol

yeah, but with this fix you dont need to add identity_secret everytime you start automatic.

• Like 1

Hello,

Brad Pitt,

Mckay,

Husky,

What is the new attribute "priceindex". I think its been added with the recent updates... and for the most part i see it set at 0... but if you can provide me details because i belive you guys use it with the new buy order listings....

• item

{
    • defindex30170,
    • quality6,
    • priceindex0
    },

Thank You,

Spirit

Hello , Im looking for a little help. I used automatic for a year or more with no issues at all. I recently upgraded my android OS to Marshmallow. Now Automatic wont confirm the trade. It checks for correct items finds them and then cancels the listing and doesn't confirm.  Did my secret and shared keys change with the celly upgrade?

post-10049-0-55078800-1458573100_thumb.png

Thanks for the insight on what to look at. Looks like changing your OS or phone will trigger a change in identity_secret. Will removing mobile authenticator trigger that too? Just trying to add some help if this happens for others.

Thanks for the insight on what to look at. Looks like changing your OS or phone will trigger a change in identity_secret. Will removing mobile authenticator trigger that too? Just trying to add some help if this happens for others.

Yes, it does change it

Hello,

I have a question about the bot. Its probably a dump question but i cant find the settings.json file...

I searched in every folder and when i press strg + f and enter settings it only shows me this: 

https://gyazo.com/f3d99a36c15b857e44b5dbbc3e7cf8de- template.settings.json is not the right one.

In the article it says " Automatic has some optional configuration to it, which you can change by editing the settings.json file."

So I would be happy if somebody could tell me where i can find it.

Thanks

~ Andro

Hey oddball,

Thanks I already set it up but the file where i can change the settings is called 

config.json and not settings.json well i think the article should get updated. ^^

P.S. Wow you answered very fast xD

Thanks again,

~ Andro

[Guide] How to get your shared secret from android 4.x and up WITHOUT ROOT! (Steam Mobile) v1.3

https://youtu.be/1rby7r2Z7qo

Step 1 :: Preparing

• download a copy of adb(android debug bridge comes with android sdk) for your android version aswell as android backup extractor i made a prepared rar archive you can get it here
  • extract the files of the rar archive anywhere on your pc e.g. desktop
  • enable usb debugging on your phone (it might be different for your device/android version example here)
  • connect your phone to your pc using a usb cable
  • you also need Java installed. so if its not installed install it ;) however most pcs have that already
  • (optional) check if adb is working using the command adb devices (if a device shows up its working)
  • for some phones you have to install usb drivers first just google for it if needed
Step 2 :: Create a Backup of your Steam App
  • run "run me.bat"
  • confirm that you want to backup the steam app on your phone (as written in the console window)
  • open steam.tar (i used winrar) your steamguard file should be inside \apps\com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community\f extract it
Step 3 :: Setting up your bp.tf Automatic
  • open your Steamguard-YOURSTEAMID file with any texteditor you like
  • you will find something like "identity_secret":"kjv2654uo76v21698936fhn3161fd5=" in the middle of the file. in this example the identity secret would be kjv2654uo76v21698936fhn3161fd5=
  • start backpack.tf automatic as usual. after its all loaded and you are logged in run the command identity_secret YOURIDENTITYSECRET directly in the automatic console. in our example it would be

identity_secret kjv2654uo76v21698936fhn3161fd5=

• afaik backpack automatic is a little bugged you have to put it in there every single time you start the bot!
Step 4 :: ???

Step 5 :: Profit!

Troubleshooting!

anti virus is poping up and no steam.tar file is generated

• your antivirus software might prevents the extractor from creating the file. yes that happened to someone before. just disable your antivirus and start again
1 line: 'adb' is no recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
  • you didnt extract all files from the rar archive. make sure all files are in the same folder. just keep the folder structure from the rar archive
1/3 line: adb: unable to connect for backup

you device is not reachable for adb. there are many reasons which can cause that error.

• Make sure you are running at least android version 4.0 (you can check that in the settings app) this guide does not work with android below 4.0!
  • you may don't have usb-debugging enabled on your phone
  • you may need to install usb drivers for your phone
  • maybe this or this video will help you
whatever java error.(you can check if this is your problem by checking if you have a tmp folder and if you have a 0KB file named steam.ab in there (should be the case if you are using android version 5.0 or higher))
  • your device doesn't allow backups WITHOUT password. so you have to put a password on your phone when its asking about the backup
  • to extract it rightclick the runme file and put the password at the long line at the end (make sure you put a space between it)
  • you will also have to install whatever java extension. the console will tell you where to download it from
if you still are having problems feel free to add me or just write in this thread

So, I had your software working before in December and was able to get my shared secret. However, my phone bricked, had to get a replacement, and now I need to get the shared secret again. I can't get the adb server to work though so I can run the runme.bat script and have the steam.tar download. 

I have Android SDK tools installed, the latest drivers for my LG G4, and everything else necessary. However when I run the runme.bat, I get this issue that it says my adb server is out of date. My computer is still recognizing my phone though when I search for it via ADB devices, so I'm stuck and don't know where to go from here. Can anybody help with some advice?

ADB%20Server%20Issue_zpskcb8xn31.jpg

So, I had your software working before in December and was able to get my shared secret. However, my phone bricked, had to get a replacement, and now I need to get the shared secret again. I can't get the adb server to work though so I can run the runme.bat script and have the steam.tar download. 

I have Android SDK tools installed, the latest drivers for my LG G4, and everything else necessary. However when I run the runme.bat, I get this issue that it says my adb server is out of date. My computer is still recognizing my phone though when I search for it via ADB devices, so I'm stuck and don't know where to go from here. Can anybody help with some advice?

ADB%20Server%20Issue_zpskcb8xn31.jpg

check if your device is REALLY connected by doind "adb devices" in cmd

It must show random numbers.

Also few posts ago guy said he upgraded os to marshmallow, well, as far as i know, you cant just upgrade it, you have to wipe data, So i would recommend backuping steam app data using titanium backup, so later you can restore everything, thats what im doing.

check if your device is REALLY connected by doind "adb devices" in cmd

It must show random numbers.

Also few posts ago guy said he upgraded os to marshmallow, well, as far as i know, you cant just upgrade it, you have to wipe data, So i would recommend backuping steam app data using titanium backup, so later you can restore everything, thats what im doing.

Yeah when I type adb devices in command prompt I get 

"List of devices attached"

"adb sever is out of date. killing...."

"* daemon started successfully"

"LGLS9911a3e3925 device"

Also when I look at device manager or windows explorer it shows it as connected as my G4 and that is if I'm connected as (PTP) or (MTP). 

since the console clearly says now unlock your phoen and confirm the backup it is conencted. did you get a popup on your phone? if so confirm the backup also make sure to NOT put a password if you are below android version 5. if you are using android version over 5 you HAVE to put a password. whcih also means you have to edit the run me file and put the password behind the longest line (and a space infront of the password) you would also have to install whatever java extention to extract using password.

Yes I have Marshmallow Android 6.0. 

So when I'm editing the runme.bat where would the password go?

@echo off
adb backup -f .\tmp\steam.ab -apk com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community
java -jar android-backup-extractor-20151102-bin\abe.jar unpack .\tmp\steam.ab steam.tar
echo Done, now Open steam.tar (with Winrar/7zip) and go to apps\com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community\f and extract Steamguard-YOURSTEAMID open this with Notepad++/sublimetext or any other text editor to get your identity secret
pause

This issue worries me lately a lot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lr2mqjqek8tgf08/Automatic%20confirm%20breaking.png?dl=0

After "can't renew web session" the confirming stopps working. 

It's easily fixed after simply closing it and starting it again (+ adding id secret.)

So, is there a way to "automatically" relog after the session expires to confirm trades again? 

This issue worries me lately a lot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lr2mqjqek8tgf08/Automatic%20confirm%20breaking.png?dl=0

After "can't renew web session" the confirming stopps working. 

It's easily fixed after simply closing it and starting it again (+ adding id secret.)

So, is there a way to "automatically" relog after the session expires to confirm trades again? 

Never experienced that problem and I don't see why failing to renew the web session should affect your confirmation at all. Regardless, if you want to save a bit of time, John C has pulled a version of Automatic that automatically enters your Secret Id when starting. If the problem continues, I can 'hot fix' it by making the bot reboot itself upon the http error. :=) 

Hi! So I've been using Automatic for a while and since the implementation of the Steam Mobile Authenticator I've been wondering.. How does one get it to where Automatic also Auto-Confirms trades? I noticed there is a console command for it (identity_secret), however I'm not sure how to set it up. If ANYONE can help, I'd very much appreciate it!

Console Command:

identity_secret - If you have the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator enabled and you've extracted your keys from your phone (via rooting or jailbreaking), you can use identity_secret <your identity_secret key> and Automatic will accept all trade confirmations automatically for you.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

-Sarth

-snip-

Guides that I know of for finding you identity secret:

For iOS devices

For Andriod devices (of a certain version)

After that just enter you code in the automatic like "identity_secret your_code", some have to enter it in every time they restart the program so it would probably be a good idea to save it somewhere so you can just copy and paste it in each time if needed.