backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

the last sign in identity_secret is =. I was using the same identity_secret for past 2 months approx & I never faced any problems with it. It used to accept and confirm the trades on its own without using steam app but it has been almost a day it simply wont work. I have tried everything that i could. I re installed it again & edited the steamclient with the new johnc fix. I have done every single thing that i can do on my own. I have even started an issue on bitbucket but I have got no response from any of the mods or the creator itself yet.

the last sign in identity_secret is =. I was using the same identity_secret for past 2 months approx & I never faced any problems with it. It used to accept and confirm the trades on its own without using steam app but it has been almost a day it simply wont work. I have tried everything that i could. I re installed it again & edited the steamclient with the new johnc fix. I have done every single thing that i can do on my own. I have even started an issue on bitbucket but I have got no response from any of the mods or the creator itself yet.

hmm, thats really interesting how it doesnt work. There might be a problem that you have restriction for confirmations or whatever reason it is and simply you dont receive trade confirmations. If this still happens probably you will have to reset identity secret but this would lead you to 7 days trade hold or even 7 days trade ban not sure really.

I need some help I typing in the captchas like it asks but they don't stop coming. I get captcha after captcha with no stop. Please help.

Try a reinstall, but wait 24 hours. Make sure to enter your password correctly the FIRST TIME.

adb cant seam to find your phone make sure that you are using adroid version at least 4.0 aswell as its conencted using usb and that you have enabled usbdebugging on your phone (on first try you have to allow the pc to use adb on your phone. if you are sure that all those point are correct you may have to install usb drivers for your phone since some phones need special debug drivers whcih come with the drivers for your phone however are not preinstalled you may also try installing the android sdk and check their usb driver section in the downloadmanager window

I helped him. His phone was rooted, so we just did an adb pull on the file. Worked fine. Had to use insecure adbd and revoke the usb debugging certs. I think the certs were the problem, after we reset them, adb pull worked after it had not before.

I helped him. His phone was rooted, so we just did an adb pull on the file. Worked fine. Had to use insecure adbd and revoke the usb debugging certs. I think the certs were the problem, after we reset them, adb pull worked after it had not before.

haha its easiest way with root.

/data/data/com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community/files/ and copy steam guard file or just open and copy identity secret.

i have to agree with Edvis_Knife if you have root just use something like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rhmsoft.fm and copy the file to your sd card, connect your phone to a pc ??? profit

not sure if it was him however someone wanted help when i was in the middle of a dnd game thats why i didnt help i hope that person figured it out somehow

i would recomend this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.popits one of the best and the most functional file explorer for android device.There is also root mode.

could someone help me with running backpack.tf automatic on openshift

if i log on in putty i can start the bot and it works fine, but when i close putty stops maby i dont upload it to the server or maby you need to type a commend to keep it running in there when putty is offline

would be nice if you could help

you can add me too if you want :)

if i log on in putty i can start the bot and it works fine, but when i close putty stops

If you're SSHing into a Linux machine you can use screen to keep the backpacktf-automatic program running after logging out.

After resetting my pc, my automatic no longer works. Just spits out info, doesn't actually confirm or accept trades (have identity_secret, no confirmations)

After resetting my pc, my automatic no longer works. Just spits out info, doesn't actually confirm or accept trades (have identity_secret, no confirmations)

Steam guard cool down?

Same issue. Any suggestions?

it would be super nice if you'd do something about the cloud issue...automatic crashed at least 15 times today because it lost connection to bp.tf

The bot keeps telling me I'm putting in the wrong username/password even though I'm absolutely SURE I'm putting in the right info. I'm using the username i use to log into steam and the password I use to log into Steam. The fact that the password is hidden is a little annoying too. Anyone else with this problem?

it would be super nice if you'd do something about the cloud issue...automatic crashed at least 15 times today because it lost connection to bp.tf

That was the backpack.tf servers going down for maintenance. Due to the site going down and coming back up frequently throughout the day, all bots have been experiencing slight issues with checking the prices =P

The bot keeps telling me I'm putting in the wrong username/password even though I'm absolutely SURE I'm putting in the right info. I'm using the username i use to log into steam and the password I use to log into Steam. The fact that the password is hidden is a little annoying too. Anyone else with this problem?

Not sure about this =P

Asking for a friend here, he's having some issues with the identity secret thing. When he types it in the backpack.tf automatic program, any trade offers sent to him aren't automatically confirmed, and he still has to confirm via mobile. Anyone know what he's doing wrong?

Asking for a friend here, he's having some issues with the identity secret thing. When he types it in the backpack.tf automatic program, any trade offers sent to him aren't automatically confirmed, and he still has to confirm via mobile. Anyone know what he's doing wrong?

I'm having the same issue, not sure whats going on.

I'm having the same issue, not sure whats going on.

Pull request #20. Identity_Secret Fix.

Identity_Secret issue facing a lot of users including mewhile secret must be reentered everytime. Here is a fix for it by John C. I have tested by myself and it is working, I can run automatic in vps server without worrying about trade confirmations.

Fix only at your own responsibility.

Pull request #20 by John C

Thanks John C for this fix.