backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

I'm using automatic 1.2.4 and get bug - auto accepting items not working due to various errors, but my items from this trades removed from listings! That's annoying.

Step 2 :: Create a Backup of your Steam App

• open steam.tar (i used winrar) your steamguard file should be inside \apps\com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community\f extract it

5b9726b96c.png

So I'm on step 2, and looking for steam.tar, but I can't find it.

Hi I'd like some help with the bot. What does it mean when it says "Offer ##### contains non-currency item "item name""? I tend to get that a lot for some reason but the trade offer seems to match the item and the buying price? Also, if I put up a classified sell item that I want to sell all of, does it sell all or just one at a time per classified? Thanks.

Hi I'd like some help with the bot. What does it mean when it says "Offer ##### contains non-currency item "item name""? I tend to get that a lot for some reason but the trade offer seems to match the item and the buying price? Also, if I put up a classified sell item that I want to sell all of, does it sell all or just one at a time per classified? Thanks.

Do you mean that it matches the selling price? The bot doesn't handle buy orders atm. The last time I got the "non-currency" notification was before the last automatic update. I'd check to make sure you're running the newest version.

If you want to sell 5 of the same item you have to list all 5 for the automatic to work on all 5. It matters which item so if the buyer chooses the wrong item, even if they are identical, the automatic won't accept it.

So I have tried everything to get this to work, and I do not think my phone is outdated because it shows up in the "adb devices" but once I try to adb back up it, it says unable to connect for backup, please help.

post-24678-0-53500400-1455842663_thumb.png

that outdated warnign was only for the adb server. i put an oulder version of adb in the rar archive sicne it has more support for older devices however should work fine with never onse. strange error you got there... may i ask if you have at least android version 4.0.0?

I have a android 2.3.4

well sry the guide i posted is only for android 4.0.0 and up since older versions do not know the backup command which i used to get the data from the phone

Ok, there is one more thing I found, I backed up my steam app onto my sd card and it saved as a apk file, can I possibly find the Identity_secret on that?

Hello,

On my vps i tried to git pull && npm install and this is what i get:

root@edvis:/var/lib/backpack# git pull && npm install
Already up-to-date.
npm ERR! Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64
npm ERR! argv "/usr/bin/nodejs" "/usr/bin/npm" "install"
npm ERR! node v5.6.0
npm ERR! npm  v3.6.0
npm ERR! path /var/lib/backpack/node_modules/node-steam-tradeoffers
npm ERR! code EISGIT

npm ERR! git /var/lib/backpack/node_modules/node-steam-tradeoffers: Appears to be a git repo or submodule.
npm ERR! git     /var/lib/backpack/node_modules/node-steam-tradeoffers
npm ERR! git Refusing to remove it. Update manually,
npm ERR! git or move it out of the way first.

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR!     /var/lib/backpack/npm-debug.log
root@edvis:/var/lib/backpack#

anyone has an idea what is going on? how can i fix this? im new in this so yeah

Hi, I'm trading again and using this bot again. A LOT has changed to what I used to know. What the hell is the mobile authentificator? I understand how it works and i heared something about shared secret'n shit? Everytime the bot accepts something i need to confirm it on my phone. I couldn't find where it starts here and searching through 76 sites is quite a lot. 

So how to setup the bot to auto accept without the mobie authentificator? Does anybody have a link how to set it up?

I'D be so thankful!

Hi, I'm trading again and using this bot again. A LOT has changed to what I used to know. What the hell is the mobile authentificator? I understand how it works and i heared something about shared secret'n shit? Everytime the bot accepts something i need to confirm it on my phone. I couldn't find where it starts here and searching through 76 sites is quite a lot. 

So how to setup the bot to auto accept without the mobie authentificator? Does anybody have a link how to set it up?

I'D be so thankful!

The mobile authentication is confirming the trade via your phone, or else you have to wait 72 hours for trades to be completed.

To get the backpack.tf automatic to automatically confirm trades without the need to open up the Steam app and do it by hand, you need to enter in the identity_secret that is found by extracting it from you phone. How to do it depends on what phone you have, the only guides that I know of are for iOS devices and certain Androids. Once that is entered it will confirm ANY trades that are accepted, even ones you have to do manually so be careful. That is, assuming it is working properly, there are still times I have to restart mine because it just stops confirming for some reason. That has become rarer though. 

So I've done everything and got my identity_secret. I filled it in the bot, restarted bot and pc. But it doesn't work? I still need to accept with my mobile phone. Is the secret saved or do i  need to fill it in with every bot start? Do i need to leave my phone + app running? What did i do wrong? 

Edited by Gurkenkuchen_

So I've done everything and got my identity_secret. I filled it in the bot, restarted bot and pc. But it doesn't work? I still need to accept with my mobile phone. Is the secret saved or do i  need to fill it in with every bot start? Do i need to leave my phone + app running? What did i do wrong? 

I only have to enter it once and it remembers it after that. You don't need the app to be running either. 

Make sure you're entering it correctly, it should look something like:

identity_secret A1b2n3m45q0w990e8r6fjfic86djdie8=

I am having the same problem. Everything is running fine and I entered my secret_identity identity into the console, but I still have to confirm every trade through my app. Has anyone found a solution to this or know what the problem is? I'm not getting any kind of errors, it's just not working.

There are quite a lot of errors with automatic that still need attention. Every time I restart the bot, I enter identify secret (even though it saves it), otherwise it will not auto accept my trades. It does confirm, just doesn't accept, so you might have a slightly different issue. In any case, try entering your identity secret every restart and see how that goes. 

Edit: You do know that you enter the identity secret from the console? Entering it in the config.json file has no effect.

Other issues you might see are http 403 errors. If you see this the bot is broken and will not accept ANY offers. You will need to restart it. I have tried auto restarting it every so often, but the fact that the identify secret is not saved and used correctly means that won't help unfortunately. There are also some errors relating to weapon counting on occasions and an error relating to  "Cannot read property 'metal' of undefined" as well as http 401 errors. 

For all errors except the weapon counting error and the http401 error, you will need to stop and restart the bot as it ceases to function. This happens to me about 4-5 times a day and means you WILL miss trades. Unfortunately there is no alternative to restarting it and no bypass I have found yet.

There are quite a lot of errors with automatic that still need attention. Every time I restart the bot, I enter identify secret (even though it saves it), otherwise it will not auto accept my trades. It does confirm, just doesn't accept, so you might have a slightly different issue. In any case, try entering your identity secret every restart and see how that goes. 

Edit: You do know that you enter the identity secret from the console? Entering it in the config.json file has no effect.

Other issues you might see are http 403 errors. If you see this the bot is broken and will not accept ANY offers. You will need to restart it. I have tried auto restarting it every so often, but the fact that the identify secret is not saved and used correctly means that won't help unfortunately. There are also some errors relating to weapon counting on occasions and an error relating to  "Cannot read property 'metal' of undefined" as well as http 401 errors. 

For all errors except the weapon counting error and the http401 error, you will need to stop and restart the bot as it ceases to function. This happens to me about 4-5 times a day and means you WILL miss trades. Unfortunately there is no alternative to restarting it and no bypass I have found yet.

This is because the confirmations module only loads when you enter the "identity_secret" command. I'm gonna work on a custom version with a new command, "start_confirm"

This is because the confirmations module only loads when you enter the "identity_secret" command. I'm gonna work on a custom version with a new command, "start_confirm"

Great. Thanks, I was starting to despair at the lack of updates. Some of these issues have been open for months with no visible action. You don't have a handle on the 403 errors do you?

I've lost so many trades with the bot breaking overnight, or during the day when I'm out.

It sounds like my issue is part of an ongoing issue with identity_secret. I enter my identity_secret in the console and it is accepted. I check the json file to make sure it's updated there and it is. My trades are accepted no problem, but I still get asked to confirm any trades on my app. 

I re-downloaded the latest version of the bot this morning and re-entered all my info so we will see if that helps. Hopefully there will be a new version released soon that will address this issue. This is a nice, helpful community. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

EDIT: So re-downloading the bot didn't help. I am still being asked to confirm trades in my app. I am getting a new error though: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf <HTTP error 522>, trying again in 60 seconds. I don't think this has anything to do with the identity_secret problem but thought I would put it here is case is it helpful to any of the developers.