Pricing suggestions

Explosion-chan

I got a bunch of 80GB hard drives my school was throwing away. Do these prices sound reasonable?

80GB blank $10

80GB with linux (Zorin unless otherwise specified) $15

80GB with windows (must have install disk)

OS installation $15

Computer part installation $15

The last two are cheap because I am not a trained IT professional, but I do know how to do these things well.

I would probably say cheaper. And less for the install. 

They are 80gb drives not many will have the need for them, reason why school was dumping them. 

If they are 80 I suspect them to use ribbon cables which no one can really use now a days. The only time I ever worked on a computer with ribbon cables were the ones inside school and even then those were being replaced

I would probably say cheaper. And less for the install. 

They are 80gb drives not many will have the need for them, reason why school was dumping them. 

If they are 80 I suspect them to use ribbon cables which no one can really use now a days. The only time I ever worked on a computer with ribbon cables were the ones inside school and even then those were being replaced

They are SATA drives and use the modern day cables (sorry, forgot what they are called) I put one in my own PC and it worked.

and use the modern day cables (sorry, forgot what they are called)

Sata cables. 

Why would you possibly buy an 80gb drive....

Sata cables. 

Why would you possibly buy an 80gb drive....

People who have a bit older computers would. I have seen them go, and the place I want to advertise them on would be different than just putting them on ebay.

Archived