Mass Inflation? Why?

DjKagamine13

Been trading for awhile and thing's i notice when people want to increase price is usually

"Only Few in Existence" 

"Price is Old Needs to be bumped up"

Whats with this? Noticed it while voting for prices and alot of people do this

Alot of items really really raised in value and things seem to be getting more expensive overtime.\

What ever happened to keys at 2.5refined

lol well i guess no complaints or anything more of just asking,

Why do people keep saying the price is old needs to increase.

Price is old doesnt means it needs to be increased, Stop thinking like that people

Yes, there are few in existence that's good, Low Supply 

But if the item (usually hat) is not something people want (Low or No Demand)

then there shouldn't be a reason for it to go up in price.

If someone wanted to buy your hat at a higher price then feel free to suggest a new price when u can sell at that price.

Also wondering why keys are getting more and more expensive.

Check the chart in this page if your new to keys and their price 

http://backpack.tf/stats/5021/6/0

Like every month it goes up and it's like wow

Just wondering why.

When the demand is there, the price goes up. That's just how capitalism in closed and limited environments works. The TF2 community's base are growing at an even rate, hence the inflation.

Price is old doesnt necissarily means it requies a change, best example ? Bill's hat.

And for the keys topic, refer here http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/1503-the-one-and-only-key-price-topic-no-flame-wars-please-discussion-only/

There is no inflation, demand and supply is what makes the price of an item, people agree to sell and buy for that price so the price gets changed to go with the market

When the demand is there, the price goes up. That's just how capitalism in closed and limited environments works. The TF2 community's base are growing at an even rate, hence the inflation.

black

I am not sure that the amount of active players is growing. I believe it is not. If you check steam it shows volumes of players has not really increased.

I am not sure that the amount of active players is growing. I believe it is not. If you check steam it shows volumes of players has not really increased.

It could so be, but capitalism is still marking it's prices by demand. There is no real production from sellers other than actually spending money, therefor quantities are somewhat limited, and sellers can charge whatever they feel like.

Also, keys are a genius way to make money for wealthy (IRL) people. It's a rich mans world. :ph34r:

Price is old means price needs to be updated. 

But updated doesn't necessarily mean changed, just means it needs recent validation. 

Price is old means price needs to be updated. 

But updated doesn't necessarily mean changed, just means it needs recent validation. 

normal weps

bills are now about 7.5 keys. Oh well.

normal weps

bills are now about 7.5 keys. Oh well.

You're talking about the smallest possible commonly used currency.  Weapons don't need updating unless there is a major change that favors a specific weapon and spikes the demand.  

And yes, I think Bills should be updated, if they are indeed being traded for less now. 

Your title is very mis-leading. I though you meant mass inflation of paints and tools and other items.

But no. Its yet ANOTHER key rant.

Archived