Regarding "Pointless Comments"

RDusk

Can the mods or admins please enforce a rule that prevents things like this:

6VguC3s.png?1

This was found easily in 5 minutes and it's comments like these that really make a lot of people dislike this site. Within minutes of a proofless or bad suggestion, multiple of these "trol-worthy" comments come up, and they are utterly pointless. These comments add nothing to the pricing suggestions, make the site as a whole look bad, and only serve to "le epicly rek peepl xDDD." So for my suggestion, I would like to have some sort of enforcement against comments that are meant to be "ironic" and making fun of people. Humor is fine, but this kind of sarcasm shouldn't be tolerated.

>cleverpun

WHOOOOOOOOOOOPS puns. This thread is now invalid. Did not even mean to do that, just couldn't think of another word for it

a couple mods have already been warning several comments.  As much as I wish the voters would take action, I think as much is being done as can be done.

a couple mods have already been warning several comments.  As much as I wish the voters would take action, I think as much is being done as can be done.

Alright, I guess what would be nice is if they made an actual statement regarding their statement on it. I don't think I've seen an announcement nor anything in the FAQ / Help section (unless there's a rules section that I'm missing?). I think this would really make this site more accessible to newer people

Alright, I guess what would be nice is if they made an actual statement regarding their statement on it. I don't think I've seen an announcement nor anything in the FAQ / Help section (unless there's a rules section that I'm missing?).

http://backpack.tf/vote?showrules=1

this was recently implemented as a mandatory click before submitting your first suggestion.  As you might expect, it isn't entirely successful, but it is there to link to when comments get warned.  It takes a lot more effort to read rules than write a rude comment :/

http://backpack.tf/vote?showrules=1

this was recently implemented as a mandatory click before submitting your first suggestion.  As you might expect, it isn't entirely successful, but it is there to link to when comments get warned.  It takes a lot more effort to read rules than write a rude comment :/

Thanks for the quick response. I guess it is very hard and tedious to actually implement. I would love to see something brought to the attention of the general public, say a steam announcement or something on the front page of backpack.tf. Anything that prevents these posts from happening would be greatly appreciated

Warnings mainly occur on key suggestions because those are the ones moderators watch the closest. When the average suggestion only gets 5-10 comments and keys get anywhere from 250-300 comments there's a lot more to sort through and make sure everyone is focused on the task at hand. If you noticed from before warnings were enforced as they are currently a majority of comments on key suggestions were just "Downvote", "Suggester is corrupt", "backpack.tf sucks if they allows this", but now with earnings being given the number of people doing that has greatly decreased. That's why keys tend to have the most warnings and not necessarily other suggestions on the site. Most other suggestions are viewed by moderators only when they go to actually review the evidence and either close or accept a suggestion. That's why you don't see warnings on other suggestions as frequently.

Archived