Seriously

F  CHARLIE

I saw this Unusual suggestion got accepted and was shocked.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51b0cbf94bd7b88d2e000011

Here is the current owner trying to sell it.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/11423482

B/O is in old range

Here is its recent history.

Day Man got it from;

Pentagon Pytson, a few days ago for 8 keys which is why Day Man says nothing below 9 keys

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/11422345

Pentagon Pytson got it from cwg| Acewinner a day before that.  In no way did he pay more than 8 keys for it just to try and B/O list it for 8 keys as soon as he got it.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/11412060

cwg | Acewinner got it a day before that from cbs. Artemis.  I find it really difficult to accept the idea that he would buy it from him for the BMOC and 7 keys, which are not in Artemis pack, to just the next day sell it for what we presume is less then 8 keys.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/11355243

All of the proof links to transactions are the same hat moving through hands over 4 day period and not for even 10 keys.  There are no other hats like it being sold.

If I am wrong about most of these assumptions, in the very least the transaction between Day Man and Pentagon at 8 keys should never have allowed this hat to get a price increase.

Did anyone look at any of this?  Explain this to me please.

The only trade of a clean fetti sack was the suggester's original demonstration of item overpay ending with an equivalent pure value of 14 keys. Everything else is the irrelevent matter of a gifted fetti sack. Beyond that, extremely positive votes, not a single comment of disagreement.

I can't see a single thing wrong in it.

I saw this Unusual suggestion got accepted and was shocked.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51b0cbf94bd7b88d2e000011

Here is the current owner trying to sell it.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/11423482

B/O is in old range

Here is its recent history.

Day Man got it from;

Pentagon Pytson, a few days ago for 8 keys which is why Day Man says nothing below 9 keys

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/11422345

Pentagon Pytson got it from cwg| Acewinner a day before that.  In no way did he pay more than 8 keys for it just to try and B/O list it for 8 keys as soon as he got it.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/11412060

cwg | Acewinner got it a day before that from cbs. Artemis.  I find it really difficult to accept the idea that he would buy it from him for the BMOC and 7 keys, which are not in Artemis pack, to just the next day sell it for what we presume is less then 8 keys.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/11355243

All of the proof links to transactions are the same hat moving through hands over 4 day period and not for even 10 keys.  There are no other hats like it being sold.

If I am wrong about most of these assumptions, in the very least the transaction between Day Man and Pentagon at 8 keys should never have allowed this hat to get a price increase.

Did anyone look at any of this?  Explain this to me please.

Did you notice the gift tag? Yes? The op showed that he sold a clean one. Also improper format.

Format fail.

Explain format

The only trade of a clean fetti sack was the suggester's original demonstration of item overpay ending with an equivalent pure value of 14 keys. Everything else is the irrelevent matter of a gifted fetti sack. Beyond that, extremely positive votes, not a single comment of disagreement.

I can't see a single thing wrong in it.

The hat in the proofs is the exact same hat (item history) which was gifted by "richo" which is the owner two owners before artemis.  Why is that proof there for then? 

Why would gifting have such an effect on the hat? 

I thought pure was preferred for proof and item overpay is expected.  The overpay percentage can't be known for every trader and we haven't set one here.  This trader's expectation of 10% overpay in a pile of stuff  may not be some other traders expectation.  They may want 20% or 30%.  For one transaction (his own) he wants you to raise its value.

Yes, it was part of the suggestion's proof. People sometimes include irrelevent proofs in their suggestions. The important thing was the clean transaction, which was very much valid.

Gifting lowers value on every hat that isn't otherwise untradeable by nature. Prices are based on clean items.This isn't new ground.

Pure equivalent being 90% of item/unusual payment has been the standard in unusual suggestions for a long time.

Pedantic nonsense.

Having a format to file a complaint is not pedantic. Its for efficiency and also helps to ensure that the moderators can better assist you to the answer you are looking for whether you after with it or not. Without regulation and structure you could be sharked without even knowing it like we see countless people have happening to them with these new robo-unusuals that have no listed price.

Pedantic nonsense.

There was a high chance I would have missed this thread which is directed to me. How is that helpful?

You mean the format for someone to place objection about the result of thier suggestion. I was not the suggestor nor was that my goal but instead to object to the philosophy of how unusuals are treated here. You can not honestly tell me that there is a new level of demand for the cancer/cancer purple fetty sack. Yet that is what is being shown here. Where are buying offers a12 keys that shows honest interest in this hat.

It is protocol to set the high end to what appears to be the most recent highest amount paid but that does not mean that the remaining hats of that type could sell for that. Other owners of the hat see that it had a price increase and think they can sell thiers at this price too. WRONG. This suggestion does not show demand at all. In fact, your philosophy of suggestion for unusuals leads to disappointment as the hat u just got is not really worth what u paid for it because u were the 1% buyer or the ONLY buyer who would pay it. Most of these hats have no competition for them at the price the sellers r asking for.

All sellers claim the hat is worth more than bp.tf when in reality it only worth what I could resell it for within a short period of time. Si many owners end up recycling their hat at quickbuyers because its not worth what u paid and never really was.

You're complaining about nothing. It's a 1 key difference. USD has dragged it down more since previous suggestion than this price has increased it. The proof was solidly there of it selling at high range. What you're saying about the others on the market is meaningless as the others on the market are gifted.

You're complaining about nothing. It's a 1 key difference. USD has dragged it down more since previous suggestion than this price has increased it. The proof was solidly there of it selling at high range. What you're saying about the others on the market is meaningless as the others on the market are gifted.

Technically speacking, why r gifted unusuals cheaper? And thank you for responding.

Technically speacking, why r gifted unusuals cheaper?

Fear of being duped. Unusuals were the most duped item during the November 2011 event where the bug that allowed people to dupe items through gift wrap was exposed. Also people are just picky in general, that's why they'll pay a lot more for blue (vintage) or green (genuine) item when it makes no difference.

Also fear of being duped is why Level 1 and Level 7 max heads are generally considered to be worth less than other levels.

Technically speacking, why r gifted unusuals cheaper? And thank you for responding.

Nearly every gifted item is worth less in this economy.

Fear of being duped. Unusuals were the most duped item during the November 2011 event where the bug that allowed people to dupe items through gift wrap was exposed. Also people are just picky in general, that's why they'll pay a lot more for blue (vintage) or green (genuine) item when it makes no difference.

Also fear of being duped is why Level 1 and Level 7 max heads are generally considered to be worth less than other levels.

If valve did not remove the dupped unusual from the game up to this point and since that was done some time ago there is neither the danger of losing the item or being associated with the activity as to receive punishment yourself.  Vint and Gen are a way to distinguish an item as special in your ownership.  People who love to use a certain weapon but don't care about stats or can't afford a strange will get the vint or gen version.  With vint or gen hats/misc, the value of paint and tags is enhanced.  Even just looking at the 50% or 2x value of item limit.

Ovewrall, this seems like another idiotic reason for something to be devalued/valued inconsistently as there is no functional difference between a dupped hat and regular (also the gifted hat in the proof could not have been dupped as it was gifted recently).  It is also another trick for traders to scam a buyer.  Acquire dupped unusual for nothing and sell at list.  That max head thing is also stupid, the hat is the same as a regular max and valve adjusted those.

Nearly every gifted item is worth less in this economy.

Not true, many low/mid tier items have been gifted and trade at list.  Sometimes the gifting adds value if the gift-er is well known.  I imagine an item gifted by Brad Pitt would have some additional trade value.  A little while ago I had an item that was owned by Brad at one time and considered asking for more just because of that.

That, and it's a permanent tag with a person's name that you probably don't recognize slapped on it.

Again, kind of weird to devalue an unusual by 20 - 50% for that.  There was a suggestion that valve should make a tool to remove gift text.

My overall point is that the method of pricing unusuals implies an increase in demand that is not really apparent.

Archived