Nostalgia Thread

Baloo

Describe backpack.tf when you first started using it.

- No notification system (you didn't know if a suggestion had been accepted or denied unless you checked)

- Scores had +/- scores available for public to see while voting

- Moderators were on top contributors list

- Chief had just been made a moderator because I only remember Chancellor (Puddington), Smitty (Bucket), and Vincent being moderators

- You couldn't reply to someone, like or dislike.

- You only needed about 2-3 links to get a suggestion passed

- You had a word limit in the number of words in your opening statement and set limit of 5 links that none of it could be edited once you hit submit

- No profile page to see personal stats

- No item information page

- No classifieds

- Old forums in Steam Group

- In-game symbols for unusual effects were used

- No dual spreadsheet type

- Different main page layout with recently accepted prices and Announcements taking up most of the front along with some suggestions down at the bottom

- No monthly raffle

- Everything was priced in refined except unusuals

- Festive Enemy (Killjoy) and Soundtrack were #3 and #4 after Puddington and Bucket, so effectively #1 and #2 without moderators

- I was easily influenced by what a suggester stated, I specifically remember upvoting this: http://backpack.tf/vote/id/50557e629ae21a9142000000 because I thought what he was saying was an actual trend.

psh 12 months later: I remember when keys were 5.33 ref. now I can get keys for about 11 ref!

Earbuds used to be worth 27

Max used to be worth 2 buds.

b.m.o.c was less than 8 keys

No such bs as unrelated comment on suggestions.

Trading without SteamREP, trade drama, spreadsheets, and outpost was a really fun experience.

2010-early2011 was the best time to trade.

Team Fortress Trade window

4 items per party per trade (imagine buying a backpack today with those regulations!)

Believe it or not, there was once a time where people cheered you on and had a great time when you made a super deal.

This is not really a nostalgic to bp.tf, but to trading in general.

Trading without SteamREP, trade drama, spreadsheets, and outpost was a really fun experience.

2010-early2011 was the best time to trade.

Team Fortress Trade window

4 items per party per trade (imagine buying a backpack today with those regulations!)

Believe it or not, there was once a time where people cheered you on and had a great time when you made a super deal.

This is not really a nostalgic to bp.tf, but to trading in general.

I think there's a trading nostalgia thread somewhere.

Anyways, when I joined there were no comments and the suggestion window looked like a backpack, you could only see the image of the item and I think you had to click it. You only got like 2-5 votes and it was a success.

The first time I used backpack.tf, I recall finding (somewhere) a large argument between Ace of Crates and [probably Puddinghead but possibly Vincent or someone else who later got promoted]. When I started using it regularly, Jon still had about a month to go before being promoted.

Archived