Update Stats Tracking for Crate #50

Dr. McKay

The Crate #50 page lists that Bacon Grease drops about 3.34% of the time, but that number is inaccurate due to the Bacon Grease being used on Frying Pans. Bacon Grease is the only way to get a Strange Frying Pan, so why not count Strange Frying Pans as Bacon Grease for the purpose of tracking the percentage of drops from Crate #50?

brought it up here when these percentages were first added to the site.  Considering how horribly inaccurate and misleading they are (not just for bacon grease), I'm surprised they're still on the site.

Items that have been crafted away or used cannot be counted.

so that means bacon grease is a LOT rarer then pans

i don't see why its a needed change, but if it makes people happy whatever

i don't see why its a needed change

the point is that it is very inaccurate as far as the likelihood of unboxing it.  It says bacon grease is uncrated only 3% of the time, but that is because it doesn't count all the bacon greases that have been applied already.

my issue is more for items like strange jarate, which is depicted as being uncrated far more often than it should be because it comes out of multiple crates.  or in early crates which include items in the drop system.

What you see are not drop rates, what you see is how many of those items are still in existence that came from a crate.. Drop rates would never be accurate because of people crafting etc.

• 4 weeks later...

What you see are not drop rates, what you see is how many of those items are still in existence that came from a crate.. Drop rates would never be accurate because of people crafting etc.

don't you think the context in which it is provided is misleading?  what use does this information have?

Archived