Board Games: Yes, the non-electronic sort

cleverpun

Anyone here into the non-electronic tabletop type of game? I just bought the latest expansion for Dominion, and I think it may be the best one so far. I now own base set + 4 expansions (plus everything is sleeved), and it remains the most popular game of my collection.

Also got a new army and reinforcements for Summoner Wars, but it tends to be a little too heavy for my playgroup.

A buddy of mine bought Arkham Horror a while back, and three of us managed to plow through a game: naturally we died horribly, but it was fun. A bit too long for most sessions, though

Anyone else recognize any of these? If not, what board games are in your collections?

Anyone here into the non-electronic tabletop type of game?

What is this "board game" that you speak of?  I have never heard of such nonsense!

Anyway, I'm not a huge board game person, but I'm a MTG card game nerd if that counts for anything.

Edit: Actually, one of my family members got a cool tabletop game for Christmas called Perpetual Commotion.  It's like the game speed but with up to 8 players and very very fun.

I hate monopoly. Or perhaps I merely hate playing monopoly with my family.

Anyway, I'm not a huge board game person, but I'm a MTG card game nerd if that counts for anything.

Edit: Actually, one of my family members got a cool tabletop game for Christmas called Perpetual Commotion.  It's like the game speed but with up to 8 players and very very fun.

Magic: the Gathering is a trading card game, not a board game. Feel free to make a separate thread for it though.

If you like fast party games like that, then try Scrabble Slam--it's simple but really fun, and it's cheap so you can easily buy two decks and smush em together so more people can play.

The Settlers of Catan has sold over 15 million copies worldwide and is available in thirty languages besides German. It was the first European-style board game to become popular in the US. It is way too slow-paced for me personally, but "not well known" is a massive understatement.

Unless you were being sarcastic.

Good damn I should have just searched on Wikipedia. xD Well I like it.^^ But I only play board games with my familiy from time to time and since I don't live anymore at home it becomes even more rare. ;)

Risk... Best strategic game I have ever played, the time when you finally capture Russia, its a memorable moment xD

Risk... Best strategic game I have ever played, the time when you finally capture Russia, its a memorable moment xD

Risk is originally a French game  :lol:

I love Risk. Played the living daylights out of that when I was a kid.

Werewolves, ever play it? What about Munchkins? Or cards against humanity? There are a ton of other obscure board games that I'm sure nobody has ever heard about... Board games can be fun, if I'm stuck in a room with no electricity and no internet.

Last board game i ever remember playing was Mouse Trap.

Though really it was always just setting up the pieces and watching the thing do it's black magic.

Werewolves, ever play it? What about Munchkins? Or cards against humanity? There are a ton of other obscure board games that I'm sure nobody has ever heard about... Board games can be fun, if I'm stuck in a room with no electricity and no internet.

All those games are really popular. Werewolf has half a dozen versions and updates, and was first published in the 1980s. Munchkin has FIFTY-TWO expansions. Cards against Humanity has a free PnP version, but has also sold at least 80,000 physical copies.

Last board game i ever remember playing was Mouse Trap.

Though really it was always just setting up the pieces and watching the thing do it's black magic.

When I was kid I never even got that far. We just got confused by the set up and played something else.

All those games are really popular. Werewolf has half a dozen versions and updates, and was first published in the 1980s. Munchkin has FIFTY-TWO expansions. Cards against Humanity has a free PnP version, but has also sold at least 80,000 physical copies.

Indeed, I choose to name a few that people have actually heard of. Others include Pit, Settlers of Catan, Dune, Stone Age, Twilight Imperium, and Zombies.\

Another one that some people like is the game called Bang!, but I much prefer (and taught all my friends how to play it) the game Sanguosha, which is very similar.

I also like to play various games using standard poker cards and mahjong, but that would fall more under gambling than board games.

Indeed, I choose to name a few that people have actually heard of. Others include Pit, Settlers of Catan, Dune, Stone Age, Twilight Imperium, and Zombies.\

Another one that some people like is the game called Bang!, but I much prefer (and taught all my friends how to play it) the game Sanguosha, which is very similar.

I also like to play various games using standard poker cards and mahjong, but that would fall more under gambling than board games.

Those are all popular too (pretend I linked every one of those games' BGG pages).

I've wanted to play Twilight Imperium for a while, but it's so pricey and time-consuming I've yet to get the chance.

Those are all popular too (pretend I linked every one of those games' BGG pages).

I've wanted to play Twilight Imperium for a while, but it's so pricey and time-consuming I've yet to get the chance.

Yea, the setup and subsequent enjoyment of the game took a whole day. Pretty fun though

Archived