lowering prices based on lowball offers

Slumber

Well ive seen a lot of this bullshit in suggestionms lately and apparently the admins( sir jjjon) are letting it slide.http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51a8393bba2536867500000b this suggestion was for an unusual that had an old price but no sales in 7 months so he based that it needed a drop in price because it wasnt getting great offers, i didnt think this site would allow this but apparently sir jjon thought it was ok, that or he didnt read or check links properly(ive personaly seen him do this multiple times).

If you read the guide on making a good unusual suggestion, it says you should set it to a common amount and not an outlier offer, as your Baker Boy's sale was.

so let me get this straight, you are questioning the accuracy of the mods aren't you, if you didnt like it getting accepted, make another one and show us some proof.

And how would you know that he didnt see the links ? The rarity of the hat determines how it will be judged by mods.

OP is right, shen and vincent also just hit accept suggestion button without looking into the market. Apparently, this is how this site works and this is why it has terrible reputation. Mods just won't understand that lowballs must not be used as proof, just like quicksells. Common example: burning TC appears on the market. People massively spam offers in range 5-10 buds and not a scrap more. Someone makes a suggestion with this range. And with mods doing their job the way the do it everyday, this would have got accepted.

so your proof is the most subjective thing ever. "lowballers". you bare no proof at it should be that price, its been up for a month and havent pulled any offers. so currently your only counter proof is "lowballers"

mods accept suggestions when they dont get provided counter proof. im standing by jon in this and saying he did right.

the offers are objective, the lowballing part of your "counter proof" is subjective

When you set a price for unusual - it means you can buy it for that price. When suggestion is based on lowballs only and hat owner rejected every single one of them but suggestion still gets accepted - it means you can obtain his hat for listed value. Just give up, you know you are wrong. Lots of accepted suggestions on bp.tf means absolutely nothing and does not make you good at pricing.

When you set a price for unusual - it means you can buy it for that price. When suggestion is based on lowballs only and hat owner rejected every single one of them but suggestion still gets accepted - it means you can obtain his hat for listed value. Just give up, you know you are wrong. Lots of accepted suggestions on bp.tf means absolutely nothing and does not make you good at pricing.

This is an incorrect perspective. You need to also look at it from the view of an owner who asks themselves "what can I expect to get if I want to sell my unusual". You and this site have always made the error of only taking the highest transaction sets the price. If I want to sell my unusual I can not expect to get that.

This is an incorrect perspective. You need to also look at it from the view of an owner who asks themselves "what can I expect to get if I want to sell my unusual". You and this site have always made the error of only taking the highest transaction sets the price. If I want to sell my unusual I can not expect to get that.

Even if you think my point of view is incorrect, which is weird in this situation, we all know that almost whole community goes by bp.tf spreadsheets and refuses to believe anything but bp.tf.

Even if you think my point of view is incorrect, which is weird in this situation, we all know that almost whole community goes by bp.tf spreadsheets and refuses to believe anything but bp.tf.

As bp.tf is the only real unusual guide, I don't know what u would expect them to use.

As bp.tf is the only real unusual guide, I don't know what u would expect them to use.

link to picture

sure, lets set riddiculous prices  just because some has a b/o price. lets just follow b/o prices instead. so much easier.

or lets actually follow what people want to pay.

sure, lets set riddiculous prices  just because some has a b/o price. lets just follow b/o prices instead. so much easier.

or lets actually follow what people want to pay.

Following buyouts is plain dumb, just like setting a price looking at people (buying quicksells yadda yadda) who either barely have anything in their backpacks or trying to buy low to sell high afterwards while making a price. Jesus just give up, you can't come up with something constructive anyway.

If you read the guide on making a good unusual suggestion, it says you should set it to a common amount and not an outlier offer, as your Baker Boy's sale was.

my bakers boy sale wasnt an outlier i had 3 people try to buy it for pure around 1.5, 1 was stolen by another owner of the same hat, another bought a different hat apologising for changing his mind and that he would still like to buy it if he had enough, and the third i sold it to for 1.7 pure, still think its an outlier? also that has nothing to do with this im posting this because the prices of unusuals are set by what they are selling for or could sell for, this hat hasnt sold so why was a new price set?  he used an off of ze goggles(in this case 1.4) on it ffs youre gonna tell me that isnt a lowball?

so let me get this straight, you are questioning the accuracy of the mods aren't you, if you didnt like it getting accepted, make another one and show us some proof.

And how would you know that he didnt see the links ? The rarity of the hat determines how it will be judged by mods.

not all mods, just sir jjjon, ive noticed choppy work from him(closing suggestions based on someone posting counter proof that was clearly not valid if he would have check the links instead he saw 5 links and someone saying current range is fine and closed the suggestion. do you really think its valid to lower the price on an item that hasnt been sold in 7 months because of offers on it? we base prices off of sales and there has been no sale, there is no counter proof except for the fact that this suggestion shouldnt have been accepted in the first place.

so your proof is the most subjective thing ever. "lowballers". you bare no proof at it should be that price, its been up for a month and havent pulled any offers. so currently your only counter proof is "lowballers"

mods accept suggestions when they dont get provided counter proof. im standing by jon in this and saying he did right.

the offers are objective, the lowballing part of your "counter proof" is subjective

explain to me how its valid lowering a price on something that has not been sold based on offers? is there something im missing? cause like ive said before we base prices of items on what they can get for them, we need a sale at that price, or in the case of raising the value of can item if it is getting offers higher than the current value then its valid proof. if we are going to take offers into account when lowering an item i might as well go on every hat i like and offer 1 ref so i can drop the price saying "its getting offers of 1 ref must not be able to sell for the current range anymore we gotta drop it to 1 ref".

explain to me how its valid lowering a price on something that has not been sold based on offers? is there something im missing? cause like ive said before we base prices of items on what they can get for them, we need a sale at that price, or in the case of raising the value of can item if it is getting offers higher than the current value then its valid proof. if we are going to take offers into account when lowering an item i might as well go on every hat i like and offer 1 ref so i can drop the price saying "its getting offers of 1 ref must not be able to sell for the current range anymore we gotta drop it to 1 ref".

In before a mod tells slumber to L2Multiquote

brain-990x622.png

So ur saying I should expect to pay an abusive amount because of a picture of a brain. There are over 40k unusuals in the game and probably around 170, 000 regular players in the game. Now out if that group only 20, 000 can afford an unusual. I note that my belief is that a large amount of unusuals are held by resellers stringantly waiting to sell them for the 1% price offer. I am not saying the lowest ball offer but instead a bulk of the offers should be used.

So ur saying I should expect to pay an abusive amount because of a picture of a brain. There are over 40k unusuals in the game and probably around 170, 000 regular players in the game. Now out if that group only 20, 000 can afford an unusual. I note that my belief is that a large amount of unusuals are held by resellers stringantly waiting to sell them for the 1% price offer. I am not saying the lowest ball offer but instead a bulk of the offers should be used.

That's all I wanted to know. And this is why my opinion for bp.tf will never change.

That's all I wanted to know. And this is why my opinion for bp.tf will never change.

Meaningless statement. With all your experience one would think u to have greater insight but sadly no. Also, I have always found it interesting that your avatar closely resembles ur actual picture but with curly hair. Btw, do u have a dash-cam?

yeah I've seen this happening, admins just accept it.. even though it's bad

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51a955724bd7b89c27000008

Its true tho.  If, in the current market, buyers r only willing to pay "x" than that's what u can expect to get if u wanted to sell.  That means, right at that moment, the Burning Team Captain in that guys example is only worth 10 buds.  If you don't like it, wait until market conditions change.  if they never change then the hat is worth that and only that.  The 1% buyer is an uniformed buyer who is getting sharked in a way.  If he pays 15 buds for a hat where the next best offer is 10 buds than that buyer is a fool.  Liddo, do u agree.

yeah I've seen this happening, admins just accept it.. even though it's bad

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51a955724bd7b89c27000008

This is just terrible.

Was about to post that suggestion for anti-freeze barnstormer, but it got into a private bp and now you can't access suggestion history for this hat (wtf). Funny how Shen admitted that I was right about the suggested price being too low but still accepted it.

Its true tho.  If, in the current market, buyers r only willing to pay "x" than that's what u can expect to get if u wanted to sell.  That means, right at that moment, the Burning Team Captain in that guys example is only worth 10 buds.  If you don't like it, wait until market conditions change.  if they never change then the hat is worth that and only that.  The 1% buyer is an uniformed buyer who is getting sharked in a way.  If he pays 15 buds for a hat where the next best offer is 10 buds than that buyer is a fool.  Liddo, do u agree.

Fl8YwiD.png

Ok, this is it, I'm out.

The point still stands that the correct point of view we should take as a price guide to show player/owners what their hat would be worth in the current environment.  This is helpful to the the owner of the hat to know what he could easily get and to know the relative trade power his hats yields.  That second part is also important for a potential recipient of of the hat in a trade.  Cutting down on vague, enormous ranges is more important than the highest amount any unusual has gone for.  Also for potential buyers, its nice to understand what other have recently offered.

This perspective is the most valuable thing we can do for the unusual market.

Edit: In regards to method, I would only suggest when there are a number offers for hat that has many in existence.  That makes sense from my perspective.  You could do it this way for hats where there are only 4-7 of them but it doesn't fit the purpose I mention here. 

Archived