Phishing Impersonators

RozeEagle

Edit: He was banned on Backpack.tf and he changed his name. Thanks for your support. No longer any reason to engage any further, special thanks to polar

Edit 2: Was a friend playing a joke, that in fact might get all of his items taken away since I told a lot of people to report him. Not always great to play jokes. 

So recently someone with my same name (not a bot) added me.

6ggThsO.png?2

After adding him he sent me  a phishing link and told me NOT to click on it (reverse psychology?) 

Backpack.tf mods can you track the ip and ban him please ban him? 

He is impersonating me and since my name is very unique I know he didn't have it for "7 years" like he claimed. 

Is there anything I can do? He's sending phishing links so I think that's enough to get him banned from SteamRep, can someone send it to them or help me with that?

TX563FD.png

Seems legit. You can't just have someone banned if they have the same name you do especially if he had it first. I mean he had it for 7 years!

He also sent a phishing link which is a ban-able offense by itself. 

He is impersonating me, and knowing that some of the community trusts me might use it to his advantage.

He also sent a phishing link which is a ban-able offense by itself. 

He is impersonating me, and knowing that some of the community trusts me might use it to his advantage.

How are you so sure it's a phishing link? You have to prove it so click the link.

he has a valid point

you seem to be at fault actually

What are you talking about?

Who has a valid point and who is at fault and why?  

Can't track IPs if the person has never logged into the main site or forums.

He's adding all my friends Polar, please help

What should I do  :angry:

My friends are getting the phishing links from him 

He's adding all my friends Polar, please help

What should I do  :angry:

My friends are getting the phishing links from him 

There's not much you can do to keep him from adding your friends. Just warn them and ask them to report him to steam as well.

There's not much you can do to keep him from adding your friends. Just warn them and ask them to report him to steam as well.

But what if it isn't a phishing link? How can you be so sure it is?

But what if it isn't a phishing link? How can you be so sure it is?

Last time I checked steamcommunity had 2 is in it. Yeah seems like a legit link to me.

The impersonator was actually a person on my friends list that I've generally hated, and he begs all the time.

Anyway he did this as a joke, and I am going to block him.

I don't see any action to do on your part, because I'm guessing it wasn't even a phishing link.

He's telling me he doesn't care about that account and that it was just throwaway. 

Thanks for your help! I think we can officially call this closed.

Archived