Aquatic animal thread! Or: How I stopped crying about threads and loved biology

Utsoob

Aquatic animals are cool. They often are seen as something that is so unique, so special and just so cool, to at least me and a few others that they all have a special place in our minds. Therefore, I say we enjoy the awe inspiring animals that call the oceans/lakes and rivers/ponds of the world and make a thread about em!

also it helps to stop the srs "STAHP FLAME WAR PLZ NOAW" posts here.

You can show pics, vids, anything that is related to the topic at hand, and help display the unique biology/ just neat stuff that these animals do.

^Mola Mola, or sunfish. Largest by weight bony fish in the world and also the weirdest looking one besides the deep sea ones.

My Favourite Marine Animal is the Star Jellyfish, hands down

They are so calm and non-ouchie that you can literally pick them up in your hand, and watch em float on it!

THey are SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute too! ^3^

I'm fascinated by giant squids.

I like to imagine myself in a diving suit suspended helplessly in the dark ocean while participating in a staring contest with one.  It's looking at me with one of its giant black round eyes and contemplating what to do next with its horrible alien intelligence, and I'm staring back at it. 

I also imagine what it might be like to wrestle with its tentacles while it tries to gnaw on me with its beak.

Why do I have these weird imaginings?  I honestly don't know, but I like it.

Being 100% Honest i believe the Sepiida or Cuttlefish is one of the most amazing creatures i have seen. It is the Spy of the ocean. More because of its mating customs that for their ability to camouflage.

Oh and btw. You better find a better vid if you want to know the actual facts about Cuttlefish.

Archived