[serious] what the hell am i supposed to say in conversations

CheddarZX

so school is coming up and i'm unsocial as fuck

i'm kinda witty but the the thing is: what the hell do i say in conversations with other people

a lot of my friends don't play the same vidya gayms as me (i.e. i hate cod and they love it) and stuff like that

sometimes i wonder how i even made friends in the first place

5 easy steps

1. Get a life outside of video games. (for example watch football(soccer) or something)

2. Learn to make jokes and not have to reference internet memes

3. Get more friends.

5. Forget about step 4.

5 easy steps

1. Get a life outside of video games. (for example watch football(soccer) or something)

he lives in the US, talking about soccer will get him more shit than referencing memes ;3

he lives in the US, talking about soccer will get him more shit than referencing memes ;3

pretty much, the only time when people remotely give a shit about soccer is during the world cup. everyone's playing basketball and stuff

pretty much, the only time when people remotely give a shit about soccer is during the world cup. everyone's playing basketball and stuff

Learn guitar/drums, join a band.

Subjective as fuuuuuck

Depends ENTIRELY on who you're talking to

For example, if I were to talk to that one SJW who spends most of her time on tumblr, I would say entirely different things to when I would speak to that one kid who smokes weed at lunch on the regular

Stop spending most of your time on VideoJames though

Do shit with your life

You can't just learn how to socialize without socializing

"Different strokes for different penises"

all of my friends play the same vidya games as me

IRL I'm kind of antisocial and my friend group is made of gamers like me who play the same games

if you have a group of friends, wait for one of them to do something stupid, then make that a recurring joke for the day (generally works well)

or just bitch about school+classes you have with them if you cant think of anything

if anyone outside your friend group talks to you then just agree with them since chances are that's all they're looking for

or talk sports, sports are always a good thing

#1 thing tho:

DO FANTASY SPORTS, its the best thing for conversations

Why?

because in high school everyone makes fun of everything that isnt "normal", and soccer falls into that category that is normal but isnt "high school normal", like playing vidya games or reading comics or watching spongebob even though you're way too old for it *goes to cry in corner*

Honestly, just walk up to classmates and just start talking. Try to engage whatever is happening into the convo. Talk about schoolwork, talk about sports, what you like doing. Literally anything you could talk about. I know it doesn't sound like the advice you want, but simply walking up to someone and saying "hey" will probably solve your dilemma. Once you cross that social anxiety gap, you should roll in a good conversation.

uhhhh, idk the kids these days just love to talk about twitter and their made up words that think it makes them look cool. 

Move the conversation towards the other person. Ask them questions and let them do the talking. People love talking about themselves.

Just be yourself, you don't have to change what you do or talk about just because of that...I was in your position once, I even thought I would just stay with no friends but then I started changing people around me, changing them to make them like me for what I do and what I say.

p.s My friends don't like cod anymore.

5 easy steps

2. Learn to make jokes and not have to reference internet memes

3. Get more friends.

5. Forget about step 4.

done.

so school is coming up and i'm unsocial as fuck

i'm kinda witty but the the thing is: what the hell do i say in conversations with other people

a lot of my friends don't play the same vidya gayms as me (i.e. i hate cod and they love it) and stuff like that

sometimes i wonder how i even made friends in the first place

I know this sounds like the most cliche thing ever, but just be yourself. 

Talk about what you're comfortable talking about. Talk about games you play, your trading, and other things. I know you think nobody will care, but they might, and if they don't like it, fuck em. 

Most importantly, don't try to follow conversations you aren't comfortable with and don't ever pretend to know something when you don't. People can sense that and it's a huge turn-off. 

Basically, think of it as a game like Skyrim where you have to pick the right conversation choices. 

1. Go to KFC

2. Buy a bucket of chicken.

3. Approach people

4. Hey, I got chicken. Wanna do it?

In all seriousness, I didn't give two shits about what happened to me, if I made a fool out of myself or not. To most people it came off as sel-confidence and it made it easy to talk to people. Then again, I also ran cross country, played guitar/violin, was a TA and motivational speaker.

learning a thing or two about sports helped me make friends freshman year. a simple "hey did you watch the football last night?" goes a long way

or just bring a box of donuts and everyone will love you

Basically, think of it as a game like Skyrim where you have to pick the right conversation choices. 

Yesh. Always think about what you do before you act. The more positive reactions you can get, the better it'll be when interacting.

Yesh. Always think about what you do before you act. The more positive reactions you can get, the better it'll be when interacting.

But when you think too slow, its not funny anymore

Archived