Remove Suggestion Price Limit

Baloo

Before I start I would like to clarify a few things.

• I am discussing the suggestion price limit that prevents a person from suggesting above a certain value based on current backpack value for that person.
  • This would not be a general drop across the board, but rather for a certain group of people that meet a standard.

As many people have found out there is a limit as to how much a person can suggest based on their backpack value. My suggestion is to remove this feature for people that meet the following standard: the person would need to have X number of unusual suggestions accepted. The reason I specify unusuals is because most if not all the limitations of suggesting over your backpack value stem from pricing an unusual that would currently be too high to price. Therefore if people demonstrate that they have unusual suggesting capabilities and genuinely wish to suggest, then they should be allowed to do so based on how they have proven themselves. My initial limit would be when the person receives the blue Unusual Hat Expert after having 10 unusual price suggestions accepted since that would appear as a good spot in the code to insert another course of action after checking to see if the person is an Unusual Hat Expert.

Thoughts?

My suggestion is to remove this feature for people that meet the following standard: the person would need to have X number of unusual suggestions accepted.

Would the limit still apply before this point?  i.e. their first ten accepted suggestions must still be below the limit?

I support the overall goal of this suggestion.  Just want to clarify your idea.

Would the limit still apply before this point?  i.e. their first ten accepted suggestions must still be below the limit?

I support the overall goal of this suggestion.  Just want to clarify your idea.

The limit would still apply up until that point, yes. I figure once you've reaches that point you care more about accurate prices than the value of someone else's or your own backpack.

Well I see no real problem about the suggestion price limit itself. As long as the "you can't vote because your bp-limit" thing is still there.

I agree with this, however maybe increase it to 25. After 25 people REALLY know what they're talking about (except for Santa heavy). I don't like it that I can't farm rep for obviously wrong prices just because I'm not rich. This same limit should work for voting on them. I get we don't want white belts to vote on a burning noh suggestion, but without becoming cocky, I guess I myself DO know what I'm talking and voting about. Maybe also make it a rep thing I.e. after 5000 rep you may vote on everything.

voting is fine, who cares about votes as long as the correct price is accepted? (or the wrong price denied)

Commenting should be blocked until one has over 9000 rep

voting is fine, who cares about votes as long as the correct price is accepted? (or the wrong price denied)

Commenting should be blocked until one has over 9000 rep

I don't want to see 100 votes on a burning team cpt suggestion. -.-

Your 2nd part is obviously sarcastic, not sure about your first one.

I agree with this, however maybe increase it to 25. After 25 people REALLY know what they're talking about (except for Santa heavy). I don't like it that I can't farm rep for obviously wrong prices just because I'm not rich. This same limit should work for voting on them. I get we don't want white belts to vote on a burning noh suggestion, but without becoming cocky, I guess I myself DO know what I'm talking and voting about. Maybe also make it a rep thing I.e. after 5000 rep you may vote on everything.

Don't know how I got dragged into this. I don't do unusual pricing since it's not a field I'm familiar with. On I serious note I'm pretty show I know what I'm talking about when making suggestions. :/ However to stay on topic yes, I do think this is a good idea. (Except on april fools day xP)

Don't know how I got dragged into this. I don't do unusual pricing since it's not a field I'm familiar with. On I serious note I'm pretty show I know what I'm talking about when making suggestions. :/ However to stay on topic yes, I do think this is a good idea. (Except on april fools day xP)

How is unu pricing hard?

Find 3 points to work off of.

Solds, higher offers, lower B/Os. The end

How is unu pricing hard?

Find 3 points to work off of.

Solds, higher offers, lower B/Os. The end

It's probably not. I just don't feel like I have enough experience with unus.

I've only owned 3 unusuals in my TF2 carrier and I had made about 15 unusual suggestions before getting my first one. I'm also terrible at buying unusuals because I tend to impulse buy. Yet despite all this I've still made over 70 unusual suggestions because pricing unusuals is so easy. Especially now that there's a guide if common sense wasn't enough.

I've only owned 3 unusuals in my TF2 carrier and I had made about 15 unusual suggestions before getting my first one. I'm also terrible at buying unusuals because I tend to impulse buy. Yet despite all this I've still made over 70 unusual suggestions because pricing unusuals is so easy. Especially now that there's a guide if common sense wasn't enough.

I might try it sometime then. Always good to try new things. :P

61 accepted unusual suggestions, never owned a single one of them. experience isn't necessary, but it might help

Archived