stop helpfully putting "equivalent" metal prices on classifieds priced in keys

naknak

If I list a bill's or buds at a fair price, the mouseover metal price effectively turns it into a key quicksell, and I get buyers expecting an 8-key item for 8*5.11 or whatever absurd key price bp.tf has on the go that day.

Unless and until your mods can figure out what a key actually costs (hint: http://backpack.tf/classifieds/search/5021/6/0) it would be great if you could stop doing this!

IMO keys are accepted as 5.33 ref anyday here.

I just turn them down. No one has ever added me and paid pure refined in exactly 5.11

so is this thread just complaining about how much keys cost or am I misunderstanding the suggestion

both really.

"absurd key price"

You helped make this "absurd key price"

Hm, no, I campaigned to have the correct one posted many times. 

The market is not absurd, by definition.  The bp.tf price is absurd(ly low) relative to the market.  It's currently 5.22!  You'd have to be ignorant to accept 10.44 in place of 2 keys, yet the classifieds auto-conversion thing suggests every seller will do just that.

I blame the emotional appeals from people with no interest in an accurate pricelist, and I blame moderators with no grasp of concepts like "buy trades at x are affirmative proof of sales above x."

But It doesn't really matter where the blame lies, I'm just asking to not pollute my classified listings with these broken prices.

It's obvious if someone is listing things in keys they want keys. If they wanted ref they would write "10 ref" instead.

The notes section is to clarify what you value 1.6 keys as, if necessary. I always ask people what they value keys at, and I've been doing that since keys were 2.5 ref.

> It's obvious if someone is listing things in keys they want keys.

So why list a ref price that no one asked for?   The distinction between listed price and auto-inserted price is not universally obvious to buyers (if it were, this thread would not exist).

> The notes section is to clarify what you value 1.6 keys as, if necessary.

And the auto-converted price is there to clarify what I don't value 1.6 keys as?    Again, what's its purpose?  I'm not following the logic here.

> I always ask people what they value keys at, and I've been doing that since keys were 2.5 ref.

That's such a good idea that maybe the site could adopt it!  Rather than presuming a conversion rate on the seller's behalf!

Archived