Every Single Unpriced/Outdated Unusual [Updated 2015-12-30]

cares

Posted · Hidden by polar, March 9, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, March 9, 2015 - No reason given

imo the hostility here toward the original poster might stem from the ocu UnusualBot posting ultra lowball offers on many many outpost trades (likely some of the trades belong to people here on the forums). There are many places where ocu bots or members appear to ignore basic etiquette.

This is not the place for this, but I felt like I should reply to this. Our bots or members do not ignore basic etiquette, please add me and tell me when/where this happened and I will do my best to correct it.

An offer is an offer, you are free to take it or leave it. The bot clearly states it's quickbuying / quickselling, and offering 60% "Ultra Lowball" has no effect on the trade's value. In fact, the bot's offers were the highest offers (if any) for some trades, and some took the offer immediateily. The bot has traded over 60 unusuals in its first month. We must be doing something right. Nevertheless, I've stopped making offers on other people's trades on outpost since then. Our pricing comes from a thorough examination of the market, and experience. The fact that most unusuals can never sell for the suggested price is not because of us, and we have no intention to buy unusuals for the full price and sit on them for the rest of our lives. I'm terribly sorry if this agitated you, but I am sure that you don't do that either. On the other hand, I think the bot agitated you for a different reason, not due to its price. As for our members, we do our best to educate them. Our staff has published many guides under steam, and our bots even ban users for cursing. I think there is no other group that is more dedicated to TF2 community than we are.

As for =ocu= maybe its the quick buying bot bundled with this update prices thing that got people agitated.

I like the rest of your post, and agree with it. I just don't see why/how posting threads for pricing and trading on a related website could possibly agitate people.

• Like 3

YAY! The new list has 19 fewer hats. This means they've been resuggested. Thanks for your hard work! Note that actual suggestions may be more, and hats that weren't in the list may appear in the list as the list gets updated (suggestions are getting older).

Weekly update today, this time with (yet) another redesign, and two buttons in the header which link you to a random unpriced/outdated unusual.

Functionality wise, the unusual's last update time is now mentioned.

Weekly update today, this time with (yet) another redesign, and two buttons in the header which link you to a random unpriced/outdated unusual.

Functionality wise, the unusual's last update time is now mentioned.

Loved the new update ;D

Can you make this again, but with the upated unusuals?

Like, have a second document with the Outdated + Unpriced + Priced

We can randomize and whatever one we land on is our dream unusual :o

Loved the new update ;D

Can you make this again, but with the upated unusuals?

Like, have a second document with the Outdated + Unpriced + Priced

We can randomize and whatever one we land on is our dream unusual :o

I could do a random unusual page, sure. Gimme half an hour.

• Like 2

Posted · Hidden by polar, March 9, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, March 9, 2015 - No reason given

I could do a random unusual page, sure. Gimme half an hour.

If only I could liek more than once.

Done :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93172108/tf2/random-unusual.html

I got this beaut the first try:

http://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Platinum%20Pickelhaube/Tradable/Craftable/12

Aww yeah.

Hint: someone should price that, so many exist yet no price.

http://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Hetman's%20Headpiece/Tradable/Craftable/46 I got a Secret Heman's

A'ight, Goal is set

P.S

I love you now, I wish to give you a free key, come send me a trade offer, I Give right now

It has been sent

-snip-

:)

Thought I'd spend a bit more time on it, now you can specify the effects and/or hats you want.

Examples:

3rd gen Head Warmers or Angers (random)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93172108/tf2/random-unusual.html#effect=gen3;hat=Head Warmer,Anger

Halloween effects

Only Head Warmers (any effect)
List of hats:

List of effects:
  • gen1
  • gen2
  • halloween1
  • robo
  • gen3
  • halloween2
  • all

Enjoy. If you have any suggestions let me know.

• Like 1

screw it i don't care enough about this topic. just let your bots be bots and let the people that want to trade with them come to them. And just remember that the suggestors here get a little defensive about any assault on their skills. 

The list is updated.

Here are the differences compared to the my last update:

29 hats from 2012 have been resuggested

67 hats from 2013 have been resuggested

46 hats from 2014 have become older than 5 months

Okay, weekly update again (after the pricing event). I added a link to the random unusual page in the header and a new thing: diffs.

Diffs are a changelog of between last update and this one. It lists every new outdated and unpriced unusual, as well as any ones which are no longer outdated or unpriced.

Here's the one of this week, others will be linked in their respective update post and in the OP.

tl;dr 

+ 61 unpriced, - 87 unpriced.
+ 440 outdated, - 219 outdated.

+ Unpriced means a new unusual effect has been unboxed and hasn't been priced

- Unpriced means an unpriced unusual has been assigned one

+ Outdated means an unusual effect has gone outdated

- Outdated means an unusual effect has recently been outdated (in the diff's time period).

Even with the event taking place, only 306 unusuals have been updated, whilst 501 new ones will have to be. Pretty shocking.

I might make it more fancy later, this should be fine for now though.

Okay, weekly update again (after the pricing event). I added a link to the random unusual page in the header and a new thing: diffs.

Diffs are a changelog of between last update and this one. It lists every new outdated and unpriced unusual, as well as any ones which are no longer outdated or unpriced.

Here's the one of this week, others will be linked in their respective update post and in the OP.

tl;dr 

+ 61 unpriced, - 87 unpriced.

+ 440 outdated, - 219 outdated.

+ Unpriced means a new unusual effect has been unboxed and hasn't been priced

- Unpriced means an unpriced unusual has been assigned one

+ Outdated means an unusual effect has gone outdated

- Outdated means an unusual effect has recently been outdated (in the diff's time period).

Even with the event taking place, only 306 unusuals have been updated, whilst 501 new ones will have to be. Pretty shocking.

I might make it more fancy later, this should be fine for now though.

Is there anything you CAN'T do? :o

Weekly update (w39), now with a better diff format. Looks a lot more like the main page (it's html now), it has links to backpack/main page, and two tools for getting a random new unpriced or outdated unusual. The main page now also has a link to the week's diff.

Diff for this week

Outdated
+ 205 outdated
- 137 outdated
Unpriced
+ 51 unpriced
- 86 unpriced

Weekly update (w40), only some minor changes. I'm running out of ideas here!

Diff

tl;dr stats

Outdated
+ 257 outdated
- 148 outdated
Unpriced
+ 89 unpriced
- 75 unpriced

Thirst Bloods are not yet registered, be patient.

Thanks a lot for that hard work! Special thanks for Excel 

Gonna try to refresh at least the red prices first - 2 years+ old ones

Seems like eerie and flaming lantern are the most popular badly outdated effects. 

P.S. Maybe you choose a hashtag for suggestions? So that there will be a link to this topic along with that hashtag

You're very welcome. Looks like you got the idea right, please go ahead.

I tried the hashtag, but unfortunately not many people adopted it, so I removed it.

Weekly update (w41), sorry for being so late (I was away for 3 days and forgot to update yesterday). Nothing new except for the addition of the Thirst Blood.

Diff

tl;dr stats

Outdated
+ 347 outdated
- 189 outdated
Unpriced
+ 91 unpriced
- 99 unpriced

• 3 weeks later...