Would you REALLY help someone in Depression or who's just sad in general?

♥Prof. Sugarcube♥

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would you?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'd sympathize, but just spectate

A serious matter among Teenagers and others alike, even experienced by the late and talented Robin Williams R.I.P.

So the question is;

Would you REALLY help someone in Depression?

I don't mean 'Yeah' and then you proceed to do nothing.

I mean 'Yes, and I will actually go up and ask'

The scenario is a friend or someone you know. Not an enemy, just someone you know.

Would you help them?

No, because it's impossible to know how they feel. (speaking as someone without depression)

Edit: Obviously recommend professional help though.

This is one of those times when jokes are not appropriate. 

He's not wrong though. Dealing with csgo traders makes me want to bash my head against the wall.

Yes. Not that I want anyone's pity but I myself am going through a extremely rough patch in my life (recently made homeless so a bro is letting me stay at his <3) tied in with other "personal" matters. I struggled a lot throughout my early childhood with some dark patches between 6-12 years old (id rather not divulge into this) I have spent most of my life after that patch to helping everyone else, including one who had genuinely attempted suicide. yes it wasn't nice to see but the main point here is that whoever they are, no matter what, they do need your help. Don't let them go it alone because they will only spiral lower. Speak to them daily, recommend help to them, just make sure that each day they acknowledge that someone does care and people are trying to help. 

Inb4 whatever hurtful bullshit people have :D

• Administrators

100% cure for depression

stop using outpost

He's not wrong though. Dealing with csgo traders makes me want to bash my head against the wall.

Thats not depression, thats raging at traders. Two different things.

I'd say yes, but only partly

I've had a friend who wanted to commit suicide, it was so fucked up.

It was me, her and her other friend walking home, and she's talking about how her mother always talks down on her for like an entire week

This paticular week, she pulls a fucking kitchen knife out of her bag and says she's going to do it. 

As I'm her friend, and I was walking with her, there was no turning back. Had to drag her to a park, sit her down and talk to her about why her life is valuable and that her mom knows nothing. She was a great artist, so I'd use that to make her feel happy.

After that she'd text me all the time about depressing crap. I'd be feeling so great one day, then get a text from her and feel like shit. Depression spreads, and it's horrible to be under it.

TLDR

If you do have a depressed friend, do help them out, they need you more than ever, but DO NOT get yourself involved with their life. That is something you do not want yourself to deal with.

100% cure for depression

stop using outpost

This is one of those times when jokes are not appropriate. 

I found this humerus.

TBH, no ...

Because to me, being "clinically" depressed/suicidal = you are not doing it right. I pity them but not it is my problem trying to force them to think differently. There is nothing I can do except point them to spiritual psychological guidance.

Of course my view was that i'd help minorly, But not get too involved.

In the past year i've had to deal with SO much with depressed friends until one point when I got infected

I'm glad I developed an inner-biological vaccine in my body to combat MOST of it, but there are still scraps of it left here and there

Palms is right tho. Getting too involved makes you suffer their depression, but you got to NOT be their dependancy and just a friend.

TL:DR: Be a friend, not a caregiver

What do you mean by really helping?  Is anyone here even remotely qualified to be able to determine what real help is for a depressed person?  Most depressed people don't even know what would really help them.  It's a tough issue.

BTW, depression is pretty much a natural state for teenagers, IMO.

Well if my friend is staring out of the window for hours at end or filling up a bathtub while holding a razor blade ill probably stop him.

In my class theres this boy who is constantly depressed for some reason or another but he seems mentally stable and not on the brink of killing himself anytime soon. Probably should seek medical help though.

Kayler if you're reading this I'm sorry. XD

If he is a close friend of mine .. i know that he will tell me everything and what is making him depressed .. if i can help him with that issue then why not ? And if i cant i will keep talking to him and trying to raise his spirit up .. so yes i would do .. problem is .. if you really try hard to take him out of his condition and fail you might get depressed as well (happened to me once)

Yes I would if they let me know that they are depressed. I'm very entertaining to talk to in real life. Most of the people these days are acting like they are happy and all just to make sure no one see them as a weak creature.

Stop being a genius and please tell us that you are depressed, honestly.

Yes I would if they let me know that they are depressed. I'm very entertaining to talk to in real life. Most of the people these days are acting like they are happy and all just to make sure no one see them as a weak creature.

Stop being a genius and please tell us that you are depressed, honestly.

I'm sure if it was that easy depression wouldn't be a problem.

A serious matter among Teenagers and others alike, even experienced by the late and talented Robin Williams R.I.P.

So the question is;

Would you REALLY help someone in Depression?

I don't mean 'Yeah' and then you proceed to do nothing.

I mean 'Yes, and I will actually go up and ask'

The scenario is a friend or someone you know. Not an enemy, just someone you know.

Would you help them?

I am guessing that you have depression if you made this thread. Just search up on the Internet "ways to get rid of depression" it may help and it may not help. But it doesn't hurt to try.

Archived