Scamming a Scammer?

Piotr Nieroda

Lets say that you pay palled over $1500 to a scammer(which you didn't know at the time was a scammer) and they sold you a hat. The next day the (now) scammer, scammed over 100 buds worth of items.

Would one get banned for Charging Back the $1500 that was sent to the scammer

No this didnt happen to me

Yes. I think this was asked by Chigga a while ago. 

Scamming a Scammer is still just as bad. 

Also, Phishing a Phisher, Sharking a sharker, etc.

Lets say that you pay palled over $1500 to a scammer(which you didn't know at the time was a scammer) and they sold you a hat. The next day the (now) scammer, scammed over 100 buds worth of items.

Would one get banned for Charging Back the $1500 that was sent to the scammer

No this didnt happen to me

If it's google, nobody is going to do anything. He left steam and no evidence of the chargeback. hue

All this is fine and dandy with a precedent set by Vlijm a long time ago. What about if you returned the hat and the money? Like gift wrap it to him or send trade offer and see if he accepts?

... If you scam someone out of an unusual hat, say a clean Sunbeams TC, and then gift it back to him to "repent" (in SteamRep's eyes), would they still remove the scammer tag?

... If you scam someone out of an unusual hat, say a clean Sunbeams TC, and then gift it back to him to "repent" (in SteamRep's eyes), would they still remove the scammer tag?

1. Repayment doesn't erase the scam.  It's merely the minimum required to make you eligible for a successful appeal.

2. Getting a clean hat and returning one with a gift tag is not repayment.  And -- before you ask -- deleting it from your backpack or crafting it with another unusual and giving the scammer back his craft hat are also not repayment.

1. Repayment doesn't erase the scam.  It's merely the minimum required to make you eligible for a successful appeal.

2. Getting a clean hat and returning one with a gift tag is not repayment.  And -- before you ask -- deleting it from your backpack or crafting it with another unusual and giving the scammer back his craft hat are also not repayment.

nice to meet you here. i bought your earbuds. lmao

Archived