trade.tf add-on

Baloo

I think it would be a good idea to add trade.tf to the list of tf2 community websites under the Trading drop down tab. Also of possible I believe it would be nice to integrate the trade.tf graph of a certain item into the drop down tab you get when you click the icon of the item in a suggestion.

Just a thought.

Don't trust the site. And its good deals lead to something that it wasn't even said on the site. 

Don't trust the site. And its good deals lead to something that it wasn't even said on the site. 

many of their items are underpriced to keys, wait scratch that all of them

I'm going to have to second this. Until it gets out of beta (i.e. the majority of the severe problems are fixed) I don't think it's a worthwhile resource for most traders.

Works for running rapid searches across multiple sites repeatedly for a specific item. Other than that I haven't found much use.

Also. if you're finding that you're always ending up on trades for items you're not looking for then maybe you should read the trade notes.

I don't look at "community sites" things though anyway so I could give 2 shits.

(pardon any rude or incomprehensible language, it's quite early here and I haven't slept)

I believe this would largely come down to Brad and Swag, if each wants to be associated with each other's website.

I don't think it'd be a bad idea, personally, assuming both Brad and Swag are up for it. Trade.tf is another tool for users that they can choose to use. It makes itself clear how it operates, and users can decide for themselves whether they feel the results are trustworthy. Hardly different from unusuals linking to tf2pricecheck, it's just making another available tool more easily accessible for users of this site. Though I'd say the graphs should likely stay on their respective websites to prevent confusion over what is responsible for each individual graph.

Waiting for it to bet out of beta would definitely be a good idea though.

I believe this would largely come down to Brad and Swag, if each wants to be associated with each other's website.

I believe it was discussed and resulted in the two sites being separate

Until it gets out of beta (i.e. the majority of the severe problems are fixed) I don't think it's a worthwhile resource for most traders.

Waiting for it to bet out of beta would definitely be a good idea though.

It isn't in beta...

many of their items are underpriced to keys, wait scratch that all of them

that's because its key prices factor in non-pure trades.  many people still value keys at 5 ref when trading (i.e. 1.2 keys = 1 key 1 ref)

its good deals lead to something that it wasn't even said on the site. 

what do you mean by this?

all that being said, I think it is beneficial to keep the sites separate.  combining them into one site would only cause more "too much power / manipulation" drama.

I believe it was discussed and resulted in the two sites being separate

I think that was in regards to the current trade.tf contents being integrated fully into backpack.tf. I could be mistaken. I'm talking in regards to items having a hyperlink to the other site, which I think would still be a possibility if both site owners were interested.

My mistake on the beta, I had just trusted that was accurate. I had heard that while the pricing method was more or less working as intended, that the site itself was still undergoing development.

I think that was in regards to the current trade.tf contents being integrated fully into backpack.tf. I could be mistaken. I'm talking in regards to items having a hyperlink to the other site, which I think would still be a possibility if both site owners were interested.

Ah, alright.  I misunderstood.  I see no reason for backpack.tf to not include trade.tf in its list of links, considering trade.tf lists backpack.tf.

My mistake on the beta, I had just trusted that was accurate. I had heard that while the pricing method was more or less working as intended, that the site itself was still undergoing development.

I guess it's an unnecessarily fine line.  Swag [inc.] is still making improvements (just as Brad is), but felt the site was far enough along to remove the "still under development" banner.

I honestly think we should just wait until it becomes a little more worked out. (learn how to read). like others have said. Once the kinks are worked out then we can talk working together.

I honestly think we should just wait until it leaves beta likes others have said. Once the kinks are worked out then we can talk working together.

We just went over this if you had read Jymotion stated it was out of Beta

Archived