Question about "1.33 minimum" rule for craft hats

ivor

Again, reiteration of every comment posted on my suggestion.  "Many people pay 1.33 ref for any craft hat" isn't suitable counterproof unless you have proof of this happening, whereas I have proof of trades happening at 1.22.

If you look on the market, I think you'll find that there are a grand total of 3 sales out there.  2 of which were at 1.22.  It's not exactly a popular item.

A big reason you didn't see many on outpost is that they get sold to scrap.tf.

Ur missing the point.  It doesn't matter what human traders are doing.  A machine will buy craft hats at 1.33 regardless of how much or little they are desired.  It will take ur Team Captain or Last Breath or Luchadore all at 1.33.  If the market pays more than it does.

Here's a different point of view.  The craft hat and 1.33 ref are interchangeable.  I have accepted them as currency because they are. If it does sell and I  want metal I don't lower the price (quicksell) I just go to scrap.tf.

Further, there are so many craft hat exchanges at 1.33 ref that it offsets any exchange at another price.  Lets say there are 1000 craft hat exchanges in an hr. Like 980 will be at 1.33.  By volume, the rest don't matter.

"I sold 500 Ellis Caps at 1.33, therefore all Googly Gazers are 1.33" is shitty logic. 

Ur missing the point.  It doesn't matter what human traders are doing.  A machine will buy craft hats at 1.33 regardless of how much or little they are desired.  It will take ur Team Captain or Last Breath or Luchadore all at 1.33.  If the market pays more than it does.

Here's a different point of view.  The craft hat and 1.33 ref are interchangeable.  I have accepted them as currency because they are. If it does sell and I  want metal I don't lower the price (quicksell) I just go to scrap.tf.

Further, there are so many craft hat exchanges at 1.33 ref that it offsets any exchange at another price.  Lets say there are 1000 craft hat exchanges in an hr. Like 980 will be at 1.33.  By volume, the rest don't matter.

Again:  I INCLUDED 1.33 IN MY SUGGESTION.  The range was 1.22-1.33.

A big reason you didn't see many on outpost is that they get sold to scrap.tf.

Yeah, but is scrap.tf used as a primary source of proof on suggestions?  It isn't, because you can't tell how many hats are being sold to it.  I used it as proof, but my MAIN proof was the human sellers, who were selling mostly at 1.22.  Therefore, I put 1.22-1.33 down as my range.

If hats were allowed to slip through 1.33 then they would decline into worthlessness. 1.33 is pretty much one of the Trademanndments

I dont know why you think that a hat should be under 1.33

If theres buyers at at 1.33 it shows that a lower buying price is quicksell. Which excludes it from being listed

i tried it before http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51952c004bd7b8d750000004, naaah, it is like bill's, people refuse to make it changed, it is just written in their brains, bill's is 8 and crafties are 1.33, why are they set to that at the first place ? i don't even know

Its not that its a written tradition in our brains, its common sense if theres a large amount of buyers at a higher price any lower price isnt  a price to be listed.

They werent like that in the first place. They moved into that price. It was a price people were comfortable to buy and sell at

And this is a pricing guide so its best to say what an item can get in selling. And 1.33 is a common amount you can easily get. 

I thought it went up from 1.11-1.22 to 1.33, because 2 hats were 1 key. So when keys rose from 2.33 to 2.66, hats rose. Lately, we've completely lost this standard, and 3, even 4 hats for a key now is considered a "fair" deal. I dislike golden standards, so imho bill's could really drop below 8 and hats below 1.33 (would really suck, but so does key price). However, with many "quick"buyers at 1.33 now is NOT the time. Maybe later, but not now.

I thought it went up from 1.11-1.22 to 1.33, because 2 hats were 1 key. So when keys rose from 2.33 to 2.66, hats rose. Lately, we've completely lost this standard, and 3, even 4 hats for a key now is considered a "fair" deal. I dislike golden standards, so imho bill's could really drop below 8 and hats below 1.33 (would really suck, but so does key price). However, with many "quick"buyers at 1.33 now is NOT the time. Maybe later, but not now.

This does lead to a fairly large problem though..... There are tons of buyers at 1.33 Ref, but there is also success at 1.22 Ref (and even 1.11 if you're patient). Honestly, i see no reason for the low end to be any lower than 1.33 Ref due to there being such a large number of buyers at 1.33 (any lower just end up being quicksells/outliers)

But, this is where it gets a bit iffy. Keys can also be bought at 5 Ref (and even less, with the same frequency you would buy a hat for less than 1.33). So if Craft hats have a minimum value set to the highest price tons of buyers are willing to pay, then why isnt the low end of keys the highest price tons of buyers are willing to pay? (Now this isn't always the case, but it usually is whenever keys break the Ref barrier and enter a new tier (i.e. the move from 4.xx Ref to 5.xx Ref).

P.s. Dat sig...

This does lead to a fairly large problem though..... There are tons of buyers at 1.33 Ref, but there is also success at 1.22 Ref (and even 1.11 if you're patient). Honestly, i see no reason for the low end to be any lower than 1.33 Ref due to there being such a large number of buyers at 1.33 (any lower just end up being quicksells/outliers)

But, this is where it gets a bit iffy. Keys can also be bought at 5 Ref (and even less, with the same frequency you would buy a hat for less than 1.33). So if Craft hats have a minimum value set to the highest price tons of buyers are willing to pay, then why isnt the low end of keys the highest price tons of buyers are willing to pay? (Now this isn't always the case, but it usually is whenever keys break the Ref barrier and enter a new tier (i.e. the move from 4.xx Ref to 5.xx Ref).

P.s. Dat sig...

I was never saying hats should go below 1.33 NOW, just that it's very well possible that buyers STOP paying 1.33 (and scrap.tf lowers buy price to i.e. 1.22, than it might indeed drop to 1.33. But not yet. And keys are a currency, which will always be quickbought/quicksold. I never did any key suggesting, never provided any counterproof, almost never commented just because keys are REALLY hard to price. A correct range would actually be 2.33-6, but that's a bit large. 

And that guy so much deserved to be trolled. Hope puddington isn't too mad at me

If hats were allowed to slip through 1.33 then they would decline into worthlessness. 1.33 is pretty much one of the Trademanndments

tried it before http://backpack.tf/v...d7b8d750000004, naaah, it is like bill's, people refuse to make it changed, it is just written in their brains, bill's is 8 and crafties are 1.33, why are they set to that at the first place ? i don't even know

See, the issue is I'm looking to see if there's an actual rule in place.  If not, then if there's sufficient proof, then I see no reason why they shouldn't go under 1.33.

Get over it seriously

That's nice, have anything constructive to contribute?

I dont know why you think that a hat should be under 1.33

If theres buyers at at 1.33 it shows that a lower buying price is quicksell. Which excludes it from being listed

Again, people have already said this many times in the comments of my trade.  Just because most hats sell for at least 1.33 doesn't mean they should all automatically be 1.33.  

See, the issue is I'm looking to see if there's an actual rule in place.  If not, then if there's sufficient proof, then I see no reason why they shouldn't go under 1.33.

Because theres enough proof to show that 1.33 is easy and this is a guide to what you can get easily out of your items. 

Again, people have already said this many times in the comments of my trade.  Just because most hats sell for at least 1.33 doesn't mean they should all automatically be 1.33.  

Same as above tis a pricing guide. Its not suppose to be soo precise, if you want a hat to go under 1.33 then show that theres sellers that take days + selling at 1.22. You cant show a craft hat buyer trade because they buy any hat and not specific hats

As I stated earlier there is no site policy on craft hat prices.

There is, however, a concrete precedent of excluding quicksell prices from the prices we list, and of implying that flat numbers have wiggle room in both directions.

There are dozens of 1-1.22 craft hat buyers on outpost, and the vast majority of them are not successful in the least. Listing 1.22 in our price for any craft hat would imply that is a common price, and it is not. Anyone who sells for less than 1.33 is an outlier by definition, and it trades like that which this site is meant to stop.

Ok, I am going to put an end to this. The reason that anyone selks the craft hat bellow 1.33 is because they havnt paid the fee of 1 rec (?) To scrap.tf and don't want to. In their minds they r making profit on the sale price of 1.22 because they saved the fee. They obviosly plan on never using scrap.tf.

The existence of scrap.tf is not proof of sales.  FWIW, I've bought tons of googly gazers, wingsticks, and engineers caps at 1.22.  The fact that I can (and can prove it) should be enough to make the price 1.22 to 1.33. 

The existence of scrap.tf is not proof of sales.  FWIW, I've bought tons of googly gazers, wingsticks, and engineers caps at 1.22.  The fact that I can (and can prove it) should be enough to make the price 1.22 to 1.33. 

scrap.tf's ridiculous line might break it soon. Just wait and see.

Because theres enough proof to show that 1.33 is easy and this is a guide to what you can get easily out of your items. 

There's also proof that 1.22 is easy, which is why i suggested 1.22-1.33.

Same as above tis a pricing guide. Its not suppose to be soo precise, if you want a hat to go under 1.33 then show that theres sellers that take days + selling at 1.22. You cant show a craft hat buyer trade because they buy any hat and not specific hats

Uh, that's exactly what I did.  Trades selling the hat in question stayed unsold for months at 1.33, until the point where people would gladly accept an offer of 1.22.  Why they didn't just use scrap.tf is beyond me, but I included 1.33 in the range anyway.

There are dozens of 1-1.22 craft hat buyers on outpost, and the vast majority of them are not successful in the least. Listing 1.22 in our price for any craft hat would imply that is a common price, and it is not. Anyone who sells for less than 1.33 is an outlier by definition, and it trades like that which this site is meant to stop.

Yes, but my suggestion of 1.22-1.33 was not at all correlated with these buyers.  This hat in particular can't sell at 1.33 (trades selling at 1.33 sat empty for months), and therefore people commenting and offering 1.22 were often accepted.  People say that "1.22 is quicksell for a crafthat"; evidently it's not for this one in particular.

scrap.tf's ridiculous line might break it soon. Just wait and see.

Yep with all the new robo hats scrap.tf bots are out of metal more often.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought we had this argument before on another thread??

Anyways, as it has been told before and some people might not want to acknowledge, people pay 1.33 for any craft hat. If you sell for less, you're quickselling. Hell, if you sell for 1.33 you are quickselling.

Scrap.tf has nothing to do with this, as the price of 1.33 for craft hats have been stable before it was created. If people start buying hats for 1.44 or stop buying at 1.33, then a change is in order.

Yes, but my suggestion of 1.22-1.33 was not at all correlated with these buyers.  This hat in particular can't sell at 1.33 (trades selling at 1.33 sat empty for months), and therefore people commenting and offering 1.22 were often accepted.  People say that "1.22 is quicksell for a crafthat"; evidently it's not for this one in particular.

So they forgot to put the craft hat placeholder in their trade.

Archived