Link your SCM listings to classifieds

Pyrous

I think we all want to show our item that is for sale with most visibility as ever, but putting your hat on the SCM cancels out the item in question after it leaves your inventory to be put in SCM listings. I suggest having some sort of mechanic that allows your hat to remain in classifieds and be able to put it on SCM without the classified listing being erased.

I think we all want to show our item that is for sale with most visibility as ever, but putting your hat on the SCM cancels out the item in question after it leaves your inventory to be put in SCM listings. I suggest having some sort of mechanic that allows your hat to remain in classifieds and be able to put it on SCM without the classified listing being erased.

That would take a lot of work, and its kinda not worth it, cause you could just make a thread about on the trading thread.

Also, if your trading something, why would you be trading it on the SCM? Thats like reducing your audience by like 70%, at the cost of adds/ bad offers.

Agreed somewhat, I'd like to be able to have it sit in the classifieds as you can have with Outpost once you create the trade and then put it up on the SCM. However, this creates issues for people looking to send trade offers for an item they can't attain. 

Maybe it'd be possible to meet it in the middle and when you pull it off the SCM, it can auto-return to the listings, but this is probably way too much work for a small thing. 

That would take a lot of work, and its kinda not worth it, cause you could just make a thread about on the trading thread.

Also, if your trading something, why would you be trading it on the SCM? Thats like reducing your audience by like 70%, at the cost of adds/ bad offers.

You are incorrect if you think that putting certain things on scm is reducing your audience. People look for professional killstreak weapons and certain other oddities quite often on steam market. I have been added for unusuals, stranges, and pro kits I have listed on steam market and they generally end up paying at or above the FULL steam market value (including fees). Plus, there are quite a few things that sell for more on steam market even after fees than they trade for.

You are incorrect if you think that putting certain things on scm is reducing your audience. People look for professional killstreak weapons and certain other oddities quite often on steam market. I have been added for unusuals, stranges, and pro kits I have listed on steam market and they generally end up paying at or above the FULL steam market value (including fees). Plus, there are quite a few things that sell for more on steam market even after fees than they trade for.

The thing is, those are items that are often looked for on the SCM. Hell I bought a TS spec KS pistol kit for a buck there.

That being said, if the item in question is a semi less rare item (vintages, meh to ok tier stranges, keys/crates, large amount of unusuals), there is a smaller audience for those types of items on the SCM, as people are either A: looking for pro ks stuff, or B: are buying trading cards and not buying my stuff on the market like srsly someone buying those items. Compared on sites like outpost/bazaar, which show you the full trade to the whole site on the front page, has a search bar and filters for items, and allows for a bigger amount of folks to say "Oh hey that guy has a X for Y amount, I'll add him to phish him to trade him for that item!"

I kinda agree with this. It would be really cool to have an item listed on SCM, stay in your classifieds. But I think it would be way to much work.

Archived