Highlight Originals

Dr. McKay

Similar to the "Highlight Duplicates" button, it would be neat to have a "Highlight Originals" button to show items that have never been modified or traded (original ID matches current ID).

duplicates means "same items in your backpack". I have 19 keys. 18 are duplicates. I have 2 trees, one duplicate. (different effects though)

soon: "I want all my originals(rl) highlighted"

Why not? It would be kind of neat to see what items you've had since you got them.

none.

pointless. 

Sorry, its true, its would be extra work for no reason. There are so many other things Brad could add, that are better then this. 

pointless.

Sorry, its true, its would be extra work for no reason. There are so many other things Brad could add, that are better then this.

Just because you might think that something is useless or pointless doesn't mean that it's useless for everyone. Realistically, it would take Brad longer to push the code to the server than it would for him to make the actual change. Would take no more than 10 minutes to make the addition.

Just because you might think that something is useless or pointless doesn't mean that it's useless for everyone. Realistically, it would take Brad longer to push the code to the server than it would for him to make the actual change. Would take no more than 10 minutes to make the addition.

But no one else has shown interest. Therefore, it would be better for him to take that 10 min and use it to make a more popular improvement to the site. 

To show how simple this would be, I made it into a bookmarklet. But the forums don't allow bookmarklet embedding, so here's the raw code:

javascript:if(typeof bptfshowingoriginals == 'undefined' || !bptfshowingoriginals) { if(typeof bptfshowiginoriginals == 'undefined') { var bptfshowingoriginals = true; } else { bptfshowingoriginals = true; } var elements = $('.itemlist li.item a'); for(var i = 0; i < elements.length; i++) { if($(elements[i]).data('originalid') != $(elements[i]).data('currentid')) { $(elements[i].parentNode).css('opacity', '0.5'); } } } else { bptfshowingoriginals = false; $('.item').css('opacity', '1.0'); }

http://screencast.com/t/bTfJUoMfKYJj

Archived