We need a better system for displaying trade notes for classified listings.

Varren The Goddamn Hatman™

Seriously, this is aggravating for both buyer and seller.

Countless times I have been added by someone who didn't realize that I had written "Pure only" as the note for something I had listed in the classifieds.

I point out to them that they need to hover their mouse cursor over the item to see the note, and they're always like "How the hell was I supposed to know that you had to do that?"

The current system is very unintuitive for people and results in a lot of confusion and frustration.

I know it says "Please only add the seller if you agree to the listed price!" at the top of the page, but that isn't specific enough for many people.

The note should, IMO, be fully visible right underneath each listing, maybe in a smaller font size.

Either that or change "Please only add the seller if you agree to the listed price!" to make it more specific.

Something like "Please only add the seller if you agree to pay the listed price exactly as it is listed!"

Thanks.

Just for clarification, what were people offering?  Unusuals?

I always assumed the purpose of Classified was very clear, but I've also never used it for very expensive items.

agree with you

I wrote 1 key + 2 ref only and some guy adds me saying he saw my classified on backpack.tf and wanted to offer a bunch of items :<

I wrote 1 key + 2 ref only and some guy adds me saying he saw my classified on backpack.tf and wanted to offer a bunch of items :<

I don't feel that's an issue with how the notes are displayed, that's just someone completely disregarding the rules.  Having everyone write "not accepting items, only keys and metal" on every trade would be a cluttered way of trying to solve the problem.

I think some classified listing additions would be kind of cool, but I wouldn't put it very high on the priority list.

Some basic options that would be somewhat like [√Offers] [√Pure] [√Mixed] or [XOffers] [XPure] [XMixed] as just small icons after the level/before the price.

Archived