What's more important TO DISCUSS, Politics or Religion?

VacheMax

I'm not asking which is more important overall, I'm asking what's more important to discuss. Is discussing how the government affects our lives, taxes us, the laws we live by, and the things we must do for the rest of our life (as we live in one place) more important than discussing religion, whether it brings truth, the origins of it, how it affects your life, and how you believe (or don't believe) in God.

Personally, I have a hard time choosing. I can discuss politics lightly day-to-day, but every now and then, I'll have a serious discussion on religion.

We had a time when religion was dominant and had a lot of power. We call this the dark ages. The time when nothing happened and everything was shit.

Not saying religion is bad, but any group which rises up to power would want to keep that power and become corrupt, but with government at least you would have a saying i guess...

We had a time when religion was dominant and had a lot of power. We call this the dark ages. The time when nothing happened and everything was shit.

Not saying religion is bad, but any group which rises up to power would want to keep that power and become corrupt, but with government at least you would have a saying i guess...

Actually .. you had the dark age when arabs and muslims were dominant and ruling the world because they were using religion the right way not like now

Both can be very painful at times.. Both of them you can get shut down very quickly for doing/saying something about them. It all depends who you are talking to about the topic. Talking to open minded people - both. Closed minded people - none.

They are both corrupt (at a certain level) but we need them to help us make decisions they both are good and bad just depends on who is running them.

It's the internet! You can choose to discuss whatever you want.

Why choose between politics and/or religion when there are more pressing issues?

I have a live chicken in my backpack - discuss...

Actually .. you had the dark age when arabs and muslims were dominant and ruling the world because they were using religion the right way not like now

I don't think feudal infighting is the "right way". Also, other powers existed.

One is mandatory, the other is a choice.

both can be a choice or a mandatory depends on the doctrine/party you're in.

e.g a political party that supports assad

Religion effects politics (less so in europe tho), science also effects politics. Politics is the result of the conflict that arises from either A. a group attempting to govern itself with opposing ideologies. B. Two+ groups engaging in conflict resolution. Religion is a componant for some groups/countries and not others. Economics/money/resources is a componant for all groups and culture us a componant some but not all. Political discussions will include parts of many things. Its not an either or.

Archived