Movie editing project - advice needed

Pyrocide

I am wanting to create my own version of the DBZ seasons, ripping from the DVDs, cutting out the ridiculously long screams, removing the need to change discs and having to watch the opener and "next time on dragon ball z" dialogue. Basically one long episode the flows as close to seamlessly as possible.

Ive figured out how to get around the disc encryption and ripped them into .m4v. Currently encoding with Premier Pro CS6 a near 16-hour long dbz episode of season 1.

Has anyone used Premier Pro or iMovie to edit video clips to remove items like the opening credits etc? Which is better if applicable?

Oh and putting in chapters would help as well to skip forward to where I left off watching it.

iMovie is pretty good when it comes to deleting or inserting selections from a continuous strip, I've never used Premier, but if I understand what you're asking iMovie should do the job fine

I am wanting to create my own version of the DBZ seasons, ripping from the DVDs, cutting out the ridiculously long screams, removing the need to change discs and having to watch the opener and "next time on dragon ball z" dialogue. Basically one long episode the flows as close to seamlessly as possible.

Ive figured out how to get around the disc encryption and ripped them into .m4v. Currently encoding with Premier Pro CS6 a near 16-hour long dbz episode of season 1.

Has anyone used Premier Pro or iMovie to edit video clips to remove items like the opening credits etc? Which is better if applicable?

Oh and putting in chapters would help as well to skip forward to where I left off watching it.

If you take out the long screams it would not be DBZ :/

If you take out the long screams it would not be DBZ :/

It would be dbz, just getting to the point faster. Scream once, hair changes, done. No need to let out a 30 second scream watching the same frame for 15 of those seconds.

I'd sure as hell like to see how much time I would save by watching your edited version of DBZ over the original. :P

sony vegas

I think we all know where you get Sony Vegas :wink:

But if you have Windows on (what I am assuming is a Mac), install Vegas, and cut out the screams and the other thing.

Archived