Thank you, Cleverpun!

Julia Gillard the Honest

the highly intelligent key commentors hate cleverpun

the rest of us do not.

"highly intelligent" but seriously, it's just cleverpun doing what they're told to

no, you have it wrong.  he is still carpet bombing comments that could actually make the site fun to use, not just the "save the keys", "i hate you key  traders" crap.

you know, for professionalism...

no, you have it wrong.  he is still carpet bombing comments that could actually make the site fun to use, not just the "save the keys", "i hate you key  traders" crap.

you know, for professionalism...

Because all the other pricing guides that exist, spreadshit, trade.tf, pricecheck, are fun amirite?

Because all the other pricing guides that exist, spreadshit, trade.tf, pricecheck, are fun amirite?

the other guides don't involve a community trying to engage each other in discussion (yes, there are discussions in these suggestions if you ignore the spam) - this one has had the potential to be enjoyable.  the whole "take it to the forum" attitude is unrealistic, most users never use the forums and never will.

i actually made some friends through the sometimes OT discussions in even the key suggestions.  i got to see who is cool, who is funny, who is smart and it's easy enough to ignore the idiots without having someone like cleverpun blasting his/her pepper spray at anyone who remotely ventures away from the topic.

i am against this sort of abuse of power in RL as well and will certainly not stand down when someone tries to live out their authoritarian fantasy online.

words

When the House or Senate is in session they do not have off-topic conversation in the middle of making laws (filibusters excluded). They spend their time on the issues at hand, and they use it efficiently as possible so they can finish and move onto other things. They save the drinking and off-topic conversation for when they are off the clock.

Professionalism makes the system more efficient and gives more time for "fun" activities and socialization elsewhere. People do not come to price suggestions for fun, they come to debate prices. Every off-topic comment creates more work for mods, who have to read every comment on every suggestion. The "take it to the forum" attitude is perfectly realistic, because if users want to socialize they will come here

whatever

Wanting the system to work smoothly is not an unreasonable expectation. I'm not sure exactly what you're getting at

Archived